• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

And this is why I quit being loyal to US companies!

Steel+Killer

Killing one steel plate at a time!
Minuteman
  • May 27, 2014
    32.75259713494653, -79.87485679548313
    That sounds good, but you're ignoring a reality that you wouldn't understand unless you have ever been involved in the international market. If all of your competitors take advantage of cheap Mexican labor, and you don't, you'll go broke. You cannot compete. NAFTA did more to destroy the American blue collar worker than all other Democrat initiatives combined. Edited because I had forgotten my history.

Last edited:
    That sounds good, but you're ignoring a reality that you wouldn't understand unless you have ever been involved in the international market. If all of your competitors take advantage of cheap Mexican labor, and you don't, you'll go broke. You cannot compete. NAFTA did more to destroy the American blue collar worker than all other Democrat initiatives combined. And don't tell me that it was signed by George HW Bush, I know. It was a Clinton initiative, and it required a dem house and senate to get it passed. HW was paid to sign it.
    I am just going to drop this here......

For fiscal year 2023, John Deere used its $10 billion profit to provide massive compensation for company bigwigs. A total of $26.7 million went to CEO John May. Shareholders saw dividends of more than $1.4 billion.

Meanwhile, since October, the company has slashed nearly 1,500 jobs in Illinois and Iowa. Another 103 workers opted for early retirement following the announced move to Mexico.

Reactions: shoobe01
    They sent two segments of their business to Mexico. Two segments that are failing, skid steers and cotton picking equipment. I really don't care what any of them do anymore, I just assume they are all shit anyways. Other than combines, I rarely see any green equipment anyways. Buying a john deere anything in the 21st century has nothing to do with logic, it's like buying a GM product: you're buying it because your grandpa did, but they don't make them like that anymore.

I rarely see any green equipment anyways. Buying a john deere anything in the 21st century has nothing to do with logic
    Nothing but green here. Probably 90% of every tractor over 70hp. Lots of orange less than that but you rarely see a big farming tractor, combine or sprayer that is not green in my part of the world.

That sounds good, but you're ignoring a reality that you wouldn't understand unless you have ever been involved in the international market. If all of your competitors take advantage of cheap Mexican labor, and you don't, you'll go broke. You cannot compete. NAFTA did more to destroy the American blue collar worker than all other Democrat initiatives combined. And don't tell me that it was signed by George HW Bush, I know. It was a Clinton initiative, and it required a dem house and senate to get it passed. HW was paid to sign it.
    100% this

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    and? their job, their legal responsibility is to the shareholder and seems they did that are rewarded for it. Now I'm no commie and not in favor of the disproportionate pay for C level and everyone else but......you need to look at the stock price to see IF they did anything truly wrong

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway

Wrong way around. It was a Bush initiative. Clinton signed it.

Globalist Bush was as bad as Captain blowjob…

Sirhr

FWIW: Purchased a yard Gator in January it was delivered couple of weeks ago, made in Japan by
    Yamaha. Disappointing to see this move happen.
    They were Bombardier/Canam before they were Yamaha's.

Deere has been trying to constantly fuck people that buy there equipment. I'll never own any Deere equipment again. When an entire dozer will shut down because of an air conditioner fault code, and at the time had to have the Deere computer to reset it ($500-600) just to reset it plus down machine time.

They were Bombardier/Canam before they were Yamaha's.

Deere has been trying to constantly fuck people that buy there equipment. I'll never own any Deere equipment again. When an entire dozer will shut down because of an air conditioner fault code, and at the time had to have the Deere computer to reset it ($500-600) just to reset it plus down machine time.
    Air con in a bulldozer 🤣🤣🤣
    Well suck me sideways and call me Shirly

and? their job, their legal responsibility is to the shareholder and seems they did that are rewarded for it. Now I'm no commie and not in favor of the disproportionate pay for C level and everyone else but......you need to look at the stock price to see IF they did anything truly wrong
    What about their responsibility to the worker that has been with them for 20+ years?

If they are having to move production to Mexico but can still pay the C level people millions, then they did something wrong IMO.

Reactions: mosin46 and XLR308
    What about their responsibility to the worker that has been with them for 20+ years?

If they are having to move production to Mexico but can still pay the C level people millions, then they did something wrong IMO.
    Probably the reason for unexplained arson reports.

Attachments

• whitecastle-pookie.gif
      whitecastle-pookie.gif
      1 MB · Views: 62
    It's nigh unto impossible to get anything that USA made all the way.

I knew a guy local to me who worked at a factory assembling thermostatic controls. Parts made in India, China, and Mexico arrive here. He puts them together and the device gets a sticker saying "Made in USA."

Your Ford truck - where do you think the computer parts come from that run the engine?

That being said, I know it is tough for the employees of John Deere.

Yeah, the management got bonuses for keeping the company from going under. Crying about it will not help.

Anyway, so, if I don't buy a John Deere then, literally, across the freeway and 2 miles up the highway is a Kubota dealership. I mean, really, I understand the hurt feelings but I do not see how we can buy only an american brand when there is no thing that is made with all american parts.

Wrong way around. It was a Bush initiative. Clinton signed it.

Globalist Bush was as bad as Captain blowjob…

Sirhr
    And we got the "Un-Patriot Act" from his son.....The Bushes were as bad as any Democrat I just didn't know it back then!

And we got the "Un-Patriot Act" from his son.....The Bushes were as bad as any Democrat I just didn't know it back then!
    And grandpa, ole' Prescott, was the banker for the Third Reich.

And now, it seems, we are reich back where we started.

See what I did there? Yeah, I am clever.

Thanyouverymuch.
    1719793061188.jpeg

I knew a guy local to me who worked at a factory assembling thermostatic controls. Parts made in India, China, and Mexico arrive here. He puts them together and the device gets a sticker saying "Made in USA."

Your Ford truck - where do you think the computer parts come from that run the engine?

Yeah, the management got bonuses for keeping the company from going under. Crying about it will not help.

Anyway, so, if I don't buy a John Deere then, literally, across the freeway and 2 miles up the highway is a Kubota dealership. I mean, really, I understand the hurt feelings but I do not see how we can buy only an american brand when there is no thing that is made with all american parts.
    Made in the USA ship sailed many moons ago!

Assembled in the USA is about to join her!

And grandpa, ole' Prescott, was the banker for the Third Reich.

And now, it seems, we are reich back where we started.

See what I did there? Yeah, I am clever.

Thanyouverymuch.
    View attachment 8449963
    Being of German heritage I can't say I understand, but knowing how fucked we are due to useless asswipe politicians I get it.
    We need to start hanging them in public for thier fuckups to fix what they destroy.

Being of German heritage I can't say I understand, but knowing how fucked we are due to useless asswipe politicians I get it.
    We need to start hanging them in public for thier fuckups to fix what they destroy.
    My mother's father was from Germany.

My wife's family is german on both sides. In fact, ironically, one of her favorite shirts that we get at German Deli when it was still in Grapevine, "Made in America with German Parts."

• Haha
    Reactions: Kamerad and XLR308
    american corps have been shafting the american consumer for decades. the unions have helped. upper management has profited to the tune of millions. could give many examples but that is all well known. the buy american,i never buy chinese,ranters are all delusional. if you overcharge for your product because of top floor salaries,bonuses,stock options,union greed and laziness then people buy from other sources? shouldn't be a surprise.

Hear me now - this external sourcing is about to become a serious issue. BRICS+ is changing the game. Additional tariffs will make it worse. While I fully understand the reason for taking manufacturing overseas there is a potential for huge repercussions and if I was an adversary I would form alliances and then capitalize on the situation and use it to my advantage.

Being loyal to a corporation is foolish.
    Corporations don't care about being loyal to you or to any country, they only care about maximizing profits.
    They are an artificial creation that only cares about greed.

The best thing you can do these days is be loyal to your own pocketbook and your own family income.
    Get the best deals on what you want from whomever will offer you the best overall value.

Going broke because of the blatherings of some blowhard jingoistic fools waxing lyrical about the "glorious patriotic American corporations" is for fools and blind idiots not willing to see the world for what it actually is.

Hell our own government doesn't even consider this country as having first priority in anything, except how much taxes they can rake in and how much they can borrow against the future of the populace.

they provided gainful employment and benefits. what more do you think they should give? Hell, 20+yrs of employment they probably raised a family and all because Deere management didn't run the company in the ground. I'd say Deere did great and the that guy of 20+ yrs is pretty lucky

I don't disagree with you on move to Mexico but who are you, me and everyone kidding here? the keep demanding more money, more perks, more regulations, more taxes more etc etc and companies will move. Quick question, is the factory union?

they provided gainful employment and benefits. what more do you think they should give? Hell, 20+yrs of employment they probably raised a family and all because Deere management didn't run the company in the ground. I'd say Deere did great and the that guy of 20+ yrs is pretty lucky

I don't disagree with you on move to Mexico but who are you, me and everyone kidding here? the keep demanding more money, more perks, more regulations, more taxes more etc etc and companies will move. Quick question, is the factory union?
    The relationship between the employer and the employee is reciprocal, but I get what you are saying.

There are a lot of factors on why things are the way they are, but the root of it is greed plain and simple.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
    the question of corp loyalty to it's employees,customers and society are interesting ones. respectful treatment of employees varies hugely but in the field i was in it = 0. have heard the same from most others. bigger the outfit the worse the treatment i believe. customer treatment also varies,usually with size of the corp. we happen to be lucky here in optics anyway. athlon,vortex,leupold are all 1st rate. BTW 2/3 are not made here at all. the corp debt to society is again 0. corporations exist due to the protection of the country at large thru military and some of the laws. that is a thing of the past as corporations rob the taxpayer,pay off the pols,often do huge environmental damage,lie and are making progressively shoddy products. off shoring is often the cause but more and more high ranking management is globalist besides being greedy at extreme levels.

They don't give a fuck about the US worker or consumer so why the fuck should I.

That's like saying your wife cheated on you so your gona go suck cock.

This thread is dildos and OP lives up to his/her/she/them usual nonsensical dribble.

Your progeny a few generations down the line will not enjoy the opportunities you have.

But yeah enjoy that 401K.

Hear me now - this external sourcing is about to become a serious issue. BRICS+ is changing the game. Additional tariffs will make it worse. While I fully understand the reason for taking manufacturing overseas there is a potential for huge repercussions and if I was an adversary I would form alliances and then capitalize on the situation and use it to my advantage.
    BRICS is a fucking joke. Some of its new members are damn near failed states. Just a way for China to debt-trap their sorry asses.

Air con in a bulldozer 🤣🤣🤣
    Well suck me sideways and call me Shirly
    So it's obvious you've never been in a dusty field when it's 110* out there and you're having to move dirt creating clouds more dust.....all day long.
    Every day.
    For weeks.

Summabitch better have air con, and a sealed cabin, and hepa filters.
    That's a very small part of why they cost 100k-200k +++ on up to a mill + for the real big boys.

Reactions: Shoreglide