• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

Man I feel like I dodged a bullet. I stopped by this guys booth listened to his smoke and even took a flyer. I was actually interested in doing buisiness with this guy...glad I ran across this thread. I hope it all works out for you guys. People never cease to amaze.

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XxMerlinxX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karma?

Wait till someone searches for Aztec Arms and they come read this thread....

Haha. </div></div>

I just googled "Aztec Arms" and unfortunately this thread does not show up in the first 5 pages of results. </div></div>

If you Google "Aztek Arms", it's in the first few pages. Spelling it correctly in this thread, as well as external links to this thread and spelling it correctly when searching, will improve its search position.

Re: AZTEK ARMS 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

I think this title ^^^ might help potential customers/victims find this thread. Maybe if his business and money is affected he'll think about coming clean. It's insane that he is getting away with what he has done. To have little to no coms with paid customers and keep throwing out the "two more weeks" quote for two years is so wrong. Not to mention is was pretty much a set build where there weren't a whole lot of options. Once it got going it should have been easier to finish than a bunch of totally different custom rifles.

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Simply cannot beleive , he went to SHOT show , doesn't that cost money .

He is not that smart in the long run , if he thinks he can out run the internet , and keep changing names .

Later Chris

EVERYONE GET TOGETHER!

Lawyer up!

Class Action suit on Aztec Arms for failure to deliver services after receiving payment, Mail Fraud, operating without a business license, the list goes on.

Aztek Arms is/was uninvolved as it did not exist at the times of the original group build transactions. Indeed, since it has been stated that G. Liechty had no valid business license at the time of the transactions, it would seem that he defrauded interstate customers via e-mail (possible federal wire fraud) to place orders and pay money with a non-existent business.

It would seem that there are possible criminal actions as well as civil torts accruing to one of Aztek Arms proprietors. Certainly, both Utah and federal prosecutors should be contacted as well as lawyers in the jurisdictions of the customers in re civil torts.

Best wishes for good luck to all build participants.

FH

Bump for the title. Might not be able to go after any money through Aztek and he may not have been "Aztek Arms" when it came time to round up people's money but everyone still needs to know who they hitch their horse to.

Doesnt matter what the name is or was. He is in control of said license and business name. I sent my lawyers after him and got my property. Traded it off AFTER I had GAP go thru the whole gun. There were small items to fix...

George Liechty is a liar and thief in my book. Every time I talked to him it was one sob story after the other. He needs to man up and admit how badly he has screwed up and was poor business practices he uses.

One thing to consider you can place a mechanical lean on his business or house or any other property that he might have. What that does is effectivly does not allow him to sell thoes items without clearing that lien. Its pretty simple to do as well.

- Good luck guys

-K

He is making some major mistakes. I am not sure if this is all civil or possibly fraud/criminal. If he just finished one rifle a month, this would smooth over.

A lien has problems. His house is in foreclosure, and filing bankruptcy would clear the lien.

BTW, I just googled Aztek Arms and this thread is the first item on page 2 of the results.

Also there's a Facebook page that allows posts. Some of you Group Build participants might care to comment.

Best regards,

Harry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EVERYONE GET TOGETHER!

Lawyer up!

Class Action suit on Aztec Arms for failure to deliver services after receiving payment, Mail Fraud, operating without a business license, the list goes on. </div></div>

Looks like this might actually be happening... It'd be great to actually get this build completed.

Hope LL goes back to GAP for the next build!! Trolls like this make me appreciate George Gardner all the more...

CWJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is making some major mistakes. I am not sure if this is all civil or possibly fraud/criminal. If he just finished one rifle a month, this would smooth over.

A lien has problems. His house is in foreclosure, and filing bankruptcy would clear the lien. </div></div>

He apparently does finish one rifle a month, actually several...

Just that none of them are SH build rifles.

One guy on here has gotten 6 or 7 rifles in the last year from him.

It is bewildering to me that he keeps going... sets up a SHOT show booth, keeps taking orders... All the while telling you guys he has " no money " for your builds or whatever the excuse of the week is. If this was me doing this to people I would seriously be afraid for my safety

Really makes you wonder what happen to all these parts:

SHR_22.jpg

SHR_18.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is making some major mistakes. I am not sure if this is all civil or possibly fraud/criminal. If he just finished one rifle a month, this would smooth over.

A lien has problems. His house is in foreclosure, and filing bankruptcy would clear the lien. </div></div>

He apparently does finish one rifle a month, actually several...

Just that none of them are SH build rifles.

One guy on here has gotten 6 or 7 rifles in the last year from him.

It is bewildering to me that he keeps going... sets up a SHOT show booth, keeps taking orders... All the while telling you guys he has " no money " for your builds or whatever the excuse of the week is. If this was me doing this to people I would seriously be afraid for my safety </div></div>

I'm amazed that anyone would order anything from this guy. Much less 6-7 rifles... I wish everyone on SH would ban together and boycott this guy at least until he delivers these rifles. Bet that would make a splash.

Of course, I'm really hoping that he did indeed commit federal crimes and gets to spend an extended time in the pokey for his actions. I'd give up my money to see him rotting in prison for a few years.

CWJ

BTW, Just took a look at the Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aztek-Arms/281287621923852?sk=wall&filter=12

and I saw that there are three posts in it from folks here as well as a link to this thread. The photoshoot post from them just keeps going to the top of the post list.

I imagine that all your posts will make it on to the FB page. I may even post though I have no skin in the game...but this situation is both wrong and needs redress.

Good luck!

FH

I'm sure that this guy used the funds he received from you for the SH rifles to build and invest into his business and/or put towards other people's rifles and at this point he has to collect funds from Peter to pay Paul before he can continue building rifles from the SH build.

Who says we cant start our own FB page that is a "Boycott Aztec Arms.... look what he has done to SH members". I bet we can get a few thousand likes off this forum alone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just got off the phone with "Brad" , all of the guns are on the build table and to be done in the next week and a half...

Lets ALL hold our breaths..

Ch </div></div>

I sure hope that quote is something close to the truth this time. Their business should have a real hard time moving forward without getting you guys your guns. They can't make things right with you guys but I'd imagine getting to actually see and have what you paid for much less shoot them or sell them would make things a little better. Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One thing to consider you can place a mechanical lean on his business or house or any other property that he might have. What that does is effectivly does not allow him to sell thoes items without clearing that lean. Its pretty simple to do as well.

- Good luck guys

-K</div></div>

Talk to an attorney prior to filings mechanics lien... Doing one improperly/without a valid claim can get you in a shit pot full of trouble too... THere are specifics needed to file...

Looks like Aztek Arms has 5 more days till that magical "one more month" excuse gets shot down as well.

Guys, Im telling you all this a business owner. Get together and find a lawyers office that is willing to take him to court. As a group you all will be much more intimidating and the fraudulent charges will be extremely scary for him. The courts decision would most likely affect his credit and haunt him for the rest of his life. He would not want this going to a judge. George Liechty has NO respect for the members of this site, its clear. If he did, he would have got one rifle a month out the door.

Why does his site offer this exact rifle for purchase? Its called the"T 1200 Aztek Tactical – Urban". I thought the whole point of one of these is that its kinda exclusive. btw I read this whole damn thing and I don't fully understand how this man is still allowed to work let alone own a business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shabazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why does his site offer this exact rifle for purchase? Its called the"T 1200 Aztek Tactical – Urban". I thought the whole point of one of these is that its kinda exclusive. btw I read this whole damn thing and I don't fully understand how this man is still allowed to work let alone own a business. </div></div>

Is he using the SH build stocks and components to build other rifles?

Would you look at that... It takes him only 8 weeks to build a custom rifle for you...
http://www.aztekarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74

This is unbelievable. It seems like every time people are about to group together to take legal action, he tells someone he's about to wrap everything up and ship it all in less than a month, and buys himself more time.

Personally, I think the people that are going to lose the most in this is the new builder getting into the business. If there's ever another SH rifle, it will be from the likes of GAP or APA. People won't trust another small shop. This could've put Aztek Arms on the map in the gun world. Instead it vilified George and his company in the eyes of anyone with an IQ above 60. I don't see the SH community opening their arms to another small shop for a group build again. At least in the next few years...

CWJ

This is one of the options on the Aztek site, the "T 1200 Aztek Tactical – Urban" built with the stock and other parts from the SH builds.

t1200.jpg

Base Price: $3895.00
Rifle Action: AXIS T-1 Short Action 17-4 Stainless, Integral Recoil Lug
Caliber: 308 Win., 260 Rem., 243 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor
(Calibers AXIS T-1 Short Action)
Stock: Aztek Arms ALPHA – Tan color
Barrel: Match Grade Heavy Contour (HC):
308 Win. (20” and 24” Finished Length)
260 Rem. (24” Finished Length)
6.5 Creedmore (24” Finished Length)
243 Win. (26” Finished Length)
Scope Rail: Aztek Arms 30moa Picatinny Rail (7075 Aluminum)
Trigger Guard: Aztek Arms Detachable Magazine trigger guard (1) 5 round magazine
Threading: 5/8-24 Threading with Thread Protector
Trigger: Shilen Match trigger set to 2.5lbs.
Striker Assembly: Speed-lock striker assembly
Bedding: 7075 9/16 aluminum pillars bedded with Devcon Epoxy
Finish: Cerakote ceramic coating on all metal surfaces
Additional: Target weight is 10.5-12 pounds for the rifle not including optics or bipod.
Options: One Five (5) Magazine IS INCLUDED in the basic price of the Rifle. Scope and Bi-Pod are not included in the basic price of the rifle but can be purchased as an option at the time of sale.

I hope this is the straw that gets everyone to go after this guy. I think its pretty evident you will never get your rifles or money back with out a lawyer at this point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is one of the options on the Aztek site, the "T 1200 Aztek Tactical – Urban" built with the stock and other parts from the SH builds.
</div></div>

You've got to be fucking kidding...
shocked.gif

This thread is now the 3rd result on my end when googling "Aztek Arms"....and it says...

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Wait till someone searches for Aztec Arms and they come read this thread.... Haha. ... If you Google "Aztek Arms", it's in the first few pages."</span>

whistle.gif

Holy shit.....I just read through this thread and my head hurts.

I feel for you guys. Your tolerance levels are far greater than mine.

I almost sent this guy my predator action from last years group buy and a new brux interrupted fluted barrel to have him chamber my 300 wsm last year. I was going to send him a rem action and another new Brux barrel for my 6.5x47 Lapua with it. Then I saw this thread so I decided to send them to Chris Mathews instead, but I saw were he scammed some people too.

Then I was going to give another part time guy who was just getting started but had some good references a try but he was waiting on reamers and busy with other things. He seemed like a good guy and would have probably treated me right but after just dodging two bullets I ended up sending them to someone well established with a lot of references. It sucks that these guys burning people makes you second guess others. I had all the parts together for months before I finally send them off to be chambered.

Bb