Any knife guys here?

ironman56

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2020
I was given this knife by a friend, that he got from his brother's estate, his brother always claimed it was part of a set of knifes of Alaska, series of knifes thT were a very expensive brand of knife , his brother was a bit of a braggert and tended to exaggerate his knowledge of things , plus he was prone to getting taken advantage of by con-men on occasion, any I couldn't find any markings except this serial # , if that's what it is , thought I'd ask here before I made a fool of myself on some knife forum, I'm already known for one here so no harm done

Attachments

• 20240528_071900.jpg
    20240528_071900.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 20240528_071835.jpg
    20240528_071835.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 20240528_071622.jpg
    20240528_071622.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 122
Yeah ,I figgered as much ,probably picked it up at a gun show or pawn shop , he had a larger one kind of a bowie type that was a mate to this smaller one ,I can remember when he got them about 25 years ago and was all proud and shit claimed they were knifes of Alaska knifes , he was full of shit most of the time , nice guy just tended to brag a little to much. His neighbor called the cops for a walefare check after smelling a awful stench coming from his house, they found him dead ,had been for at least 7-10 days , sad for his family, heart attack or stroke probably. Had a few guns that my buddy got in the will . Army vet . Vietnam era.

I have one of those knives... It is a different blade shape and the brass guard is a single direction.... but other than that it looks exactly the same with the same colors behind the guard and engraving on the end.... The deer is slightly different so you can tell it was done by hand.

I got mine as a kid for a Christmas present... probably mid 90s. A guy stopped by selling them out of his truck... he said that he was the maker and once he got enough made he would go on trips selling. I don't think it would have been an expensive knife because my dad was not one to get taken and at the time wouldn't have had a lot of disposable income.

He was selling them in Montana/Idaho.... but don't know if that was where he was from-- or if he was the actual maker. He could have just been buying them bulk and going around with the story. I really liked it and for a kid was a great knife... but the blade never really held an edge.