• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing Any T/C users?

6 of 8 ranging from an early G1 in 357 Max to a Pro Hunter. 14" 17HMR on a G1 and a 10" .223 on a 20th Anniversary G2. Not pictured is a Encore Pro Hunter wearing a 16" 45-70 and a blued Encore in shipping. There's a 16" 300 blackout in the safe for an Encore as well as a 8" 357 and 10" .223 Wylde coming in for the Encores and a 8" .22 LR and 10" 17 HMR for a G1 or G2. The barrels not pictured are all set up for a suppressor.

The collection.jpg

Reactions: buggz
Yeah a 10 year bump is impressive. :D

They were my main focus in shooting / hunting for about ten plus years, but haven't seen any real use in the last ten. Still have three frames and 7 or 8 barrels.

cintender.jpg

300 Whisper

yote309.JPG

309JDJ

field.jpg

.17 Ackley Bee

Reactions: Ironcreek
My change came when the state opened my area to rifle hunting, and I had a lifetimes worth of rifles I'd never been able to hunt with. That was the reason I got into the single shots, because we had wide open spaces well out of range of the slug guns.
While I've hunted with all my Contenders, almost 15 years since the change, I still haven't hunted with all my rifles, not even close.

The irony being now that it rifles are okay, the wide open spaces are gone. Most of my rifle kills have been at bowhunting ranges. lol

Reactions: buggz
Nothing wrong with bringing back an old thread to share new ideas and and items. This year, I got a TC Compass II in .308 Win. People who know me might say that I need another 308 like I need a hole in the head. My equipment rundown is like this. I have a Mossberg Patriot .308 Win that I rehomed to an MDT chassis system and put on a Vortex Venom 5x - 25x / 56 mm EBR-7C FFP scope and that is the rifle in my avatar, posed in my back yard. Got kind of heavy but it is shooting 1 MOA. I have a Mossberg MVP LR-308 Thunder Ranch with Kuiu Camo, 20 in medium bull barrel, changed from a Diamondback Tactical 6x-24x / 50 mm scope to a Venom and a muzzle brake. It averages 1/3 to 1/2 MOA. Windham Weaponry R16SFST-308 (AR-10 style) that had a DB Tact that I changed to a Venom. With the Venom on there, I have put a round directly in the cross hairs of the target paper, which was my intended POA. I call that sub MOA.

And I have a Mossberg 590A1 SPX and I changed the stock to a Magpul. Dead on the cross hairs at 25 yards.

And the Windham Weaponry M4A3 in 5.56. Pulled out of the box, combat zero at the factory, I put one in the crosshairs at 25 yards with iron sights. It is the only rifle I have that is NOT 308.

And these rifles are heavy and pretty.

So, after watching several reviews, including some negative reviews, I bought the Compass II in .308 Win. I just really like that round and consider it one of the best rounds for several game targets. From feral hog to whitetail to Mule deer, and even elk.

The advertisement was guaranteed 1 MOA in the first 3 shots. I have averaged and shot .5 MOA. And had some 1/4 MOA on a hot barrel. I mean hot after 40 rounds of no cooling rest. However long it takes to load the 5 round magazine is how much rest it got. I ride it like a rented mule. I shoot like I drive my car, which is "like I stole it." Of course, in a real hunting application, it is going to be a cold bore shot, maybe a second shot. But it allows me to see that the difference in this rifle between cold bore shot and hot barrel shot is less than 1 MOA. So, I would say, this rifle exceeds the advertising. And, I have found, it does great with 165 to 168 grain, either hollow point boat tail, or bonded soft core boat tail.

I wanted a rifle that I am not afraid to scratch up dragging through the bush and brambles of public hunting lands. The rifle cost 400 plus tax plus transfer, free shipping. I put one of my DT Tact scopes on it, which gives me that accuracy.