• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone drive a Rivian R1T?

If yes, I'd love to have a conversation off-line. Another member here and I designed an accessory for the R1T, and we're looking for a few Rivian owners to post links to our website on some of the Rivian focused Facebook pages.
a-fire-broke-out-in-the-parking-lot-of-rivian-s-factory-damaging-several-evs.jpg
Fire suppression system?

I've heard the name, but that's about it.
About an hour ago I was at a traffic light and out of the corner of my eye I saw a weird looking thing.
"What is... is that a pickup truck? It's got door handles like a toy car". Then I saw the name. "Oh, that's what those are?" (then I did my Jeremy Clarkson, "anyway....")

A sales guy I worked with bought one. If you really baby it, you’re looking at new tires every 10k miles or so. Stomp on the accelerator, and go directly to the tire shop.

I know someone who works at Rivian and has let me drive a few. They're not bad. The one thing I dislike about them is the regenerative breaking. You can't turn it off, only set it to low. So you can't really coast in them. You let off the throttle and it breaks. Very annoying and causes the ride to be quite jerky. But I suppose that's the same for most EVs? Other than that, they're pretty nice vehicles. I still wouldn't buy one though.

How many homos can you fit in a Rivian?
Come on man! At least cultivate a punch line besides the obvious.

Maybe:
How many homos can you fit in a Rivian? Answer max seating capacity minus one. So the driver can take them to the ER when they get monkey pox.

That took all of 30s. As a community we have to strive to do better. We expected better.

Just another electric fagmobile pretending to be a truck while missing the entire point about what a small truck used to be. Affordable. Simple. Capable.

Every time some retard says "muh electric trugg so fast" I know they don't ever use a truck for actual truck tasks. Trucks were never fast. They weren't meant to be fast. Why this obsession with how FAST it is? It's an overweight death machine.

God I hate current year automobiles so much it's unreal.

Just another electric fagmobile pretending to be a truck while missing the entire point about what a small truck used to be. Affordable. Simple. Capable.

Every time some retard says "muh electric trugg so fast" I know they don't ever use a truck for actual truck tasks. Trucks were never fast. They weren't meant to be fast. Why this obsession with how FAST it is? It's an overweight death machine.

God I hate current year automobiles so much it's unreal.
The 1980's Ford Rangers and Chevy S-10's were some really awesome and useful trucks. Along with the Toyotas. And the Nissan "Hardbody." Economical. Small. Still carried a 4 x 8 foot sheet of plywood. I had an 84 Ford Ranger and it was an amazing little truck. Pinto engine. Big bed. 2WD... but with wranglers went anywhere. We need those trucks back.

But Federal Regulations make them impossible to produce. It's not the car makers. It's the DoT and their regulations... not passed by Congress. That have killed the small pickup.

Sirhr

Fuck Rivian. They’ve ruined 2 small towns and now they aren’t even going to finish their new plant. I hope they choke on their own dicks. And fuck Brian Kemp along with them.

ETA: I hope they come back long enough to load up all the dirty fucking Hispanics that came here to work on the site and take them with them.

I spotted one of these Rivians in town over the weekend.
12 Valve Cummins + cattle trailer had some animals in it = some smoke was rolling out of the tail pipe at the precise moment. (On accident of course)

The 1980's Ford Rangers and Chevy S-10's were some really awesome and useful trucks. Along with the Toyotas. And the Nissan "Hardbody." Economical. Small. Still carried a 4 x 8 foot sheet of plywood. I had an 84 Ford Ranger and it was an amazing little truck. Pinto engine. Big bed. 2WD... but with wranglers went anywhere. We need those trucks back.

But Federal Regulations make them impossible to produce. It's not the car makers. It's the DoT and their regulations... not passed by Congress. That have killed the small pickup.

Sirhr
Yep. The fucking CAFE regs destroyed the small trucks.

I've heard the excuse that they weren't big sellers. Bullshit. Small trucks and SUVs built on their platforms were insanely popular. They were cheap and reliable.

I miss real small trucks. Some people are all about getting them used but I can say that's barely an option now. Vehicles from the 90s are becoming impossible to find parts for unless you have some access to a real salvage yard (mostly disappearing in my neck of the woods) or you get lucky on eBay. Parts break that people don't think about. Door panels. Airbag modules. Handles. BCMs. Sensors. Etc.

Good luck finding a window for anything older too if one cracks.

Sirhr

Yep. The fucking CAFE regs destroyed the small trucks.

I've heard the excuse that they weren't big sellers. Bullshit. Small trucks and SUVs built on their platforms were insanely popular. They were cheap and reliable.

I miss real small trucks. Some people are all about getting them used but I can say that's barely an option now. Vehicles from the 90s are becoming impossible to find parts for unless you have some access to a real salvage yard (mostly disappearing in my neck of the woods) or you get lucky on eBay. Parts break that people don't think about. Door panels. Airbag modules. Handles. BCMs. Sensors. Etc.

Good luck finding a window for anything older too if one cracks.
Dude explains it pretty well. It is dumb.

It's a coping mechanism for when the vehicle does nothing else well. It works OK for cars, but should result in endless mockery when applied to trucks. Unfortunately, the general public uses trucks for social signaling and not productive work.

Sirhr

There's nothing about those trucks that couldn't be replicated today for under $30k. The problem is that the manufacturers have gotten quite used to selling "mid-sized" trucks for $55k and full-size trucks for $75k, and so there's very little incentive to build anything cheaper.

It's a coping mechanism for when the vehicle does nothing else well. It works OK for cars, but should result in endless mockery when applied to trucks. Unfortunately, the general public uses trucks for social signaling and not productive work.

There's nothing about those trucks that couldn't be replicated today for under $30k. The problem is that the manufacturers have gotten quite used to selling "mid-sized" trucks for $55k and full-size trucks for $75k, and so there's very little incentive to build anything cheaper.

Also the crash test and CAFE standards keep “nosing upwards” to include heavier and larger vehicles. So if manufacturers want to keep their trucks in the “truck” category they have to keep making them bigger.

I mean a bigger truck is great for towing and plowing. But around town for errands etc they suck!

Cheers! Sirhr

Reactions: Charmingmander
Clue on what? Just saying I drove one and it was incredibly fast. I drove it - it was real - and fast - and a fun toy to take for a spin. Nothing else. Not looking to buy one as noted.
then compare it to another electric car.

saying it'll blow the doors off a gasser is.... retardation at its least.

and EV's are for fags and liberals. which are you?

But it does blow the doors off a raptor - by a good bit. That's a simple fact.

Stay angry there Francis...

not angry at all Nancy. just pointing out your shortsightedness. making comparisons to something that runs a 14 sec qtr mile time is hilarious. raptors are not fast at all.

do you have any other words of wisdom to share with class today?

Last edited:
Reactions: Charmingmander
double down on the smoothbrain mentality buddy.

enjoy your rivian

I don't have one and don't want one.

What is it about the mention of a rivian that bothers you so much that you need to comment. Its a fuckin' car - or truck I guess - that's all it is. It means nothing beyond that.

Does it symbolize something to you that tickles your insecurities snowflake? What are you afraid of? Big world changing and you and mommy can't enjoy the 1960s all over again?

I don't have one and don't want one.

What is it about the mention of a rivian that bothers you so much that you need to comment. Its a fuckin' car - or truck I guess - that's all it is. It means nothing beyond that.

Does it symbolize something to you that tickles your insecurities snowflake? What are you afraid of? Big world changing and you and mommy can't enjoy the 1960s all over again?

geezus you are dumb as fuck. go back and read what i said in the first place.

"wow this apple tastes so much better than those oranges"