• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone drive a Rivian R1T?

geezus you are dumb as fuck. go back and read what i said in the first place.

"wow this apple tastes so much better than those oranges"

So its not a truck if its electric in your world?

It is a truck as much as any other truck. You know, you can put stuff in the back and haul it, you can tow a trailer, you can take people inside. It's definitely a truck.

Or is it not a truck because its not an old US brand like ford? They make electric trucks too. Another friend has one of those - definitely a truck.

I'm curious - have you driven one - or does the idea of it just bother you?

So its not a truck if its electric in your world?

It is a truck as much as any other truck. You know, you can put stuff in the back and haul it, you can tow a trailer, you can take people inside. It's definitely a truck.

Or is it not a truck because its not an old US brand like ford? They make electric trucks too. Another friend has one of those - definitely a truck.

I'm curious - have you driven one - or does the idea of it just bother you?

ok so you can understand....

gas vs electric. does that make sense to you now?

you know why trains use electric motors too right?

ok so you can understand....

gas vs electric. does that make sense to you now?

you know why trains use electric motors too right?

Yes - I know that. Electric motors are higher in torque so make locomotives that pull large trains possible.

Is it not fair to compare the performance of an electric truck to a gas or diesel powered truck? Can you not compare gas to diesel in performance or other factors?

Maybe that's it - they're all just trucks to me and you view the electric truck (rivian in this case) as an entirely different thing. Is that it?

Yes - I know that. Electric motors are higher in torque so make locomotives that pull large trains possible.

Is it not fair to compare the performance of an electric truck to a gas or diesel powered truck? Can you not compare gas to diesel in performance or other factors?

Maybe that's it - they're all just trucks to me and you view the electric truck (rivian in this case) as an entirely different thing. Is that it?

now we are getting somewhere....

diesel vs gas, hell no. there again, not the same systems. i've had turbo diesels and plenty of gas trucks and diesels with smoke and gasser i've had, comparing equals like 4x4 and transmissions.

even comparing a 2x4 to a 4x4 isnt a fair fight. HP to weight ratio matters. tire size matters, gearing matters.

as for EV "trucks", they are better put in a station wagon category. is the EV truck 4 wheel drive, true 4 wheel drive not the all wheel drive. do they have ground clearance? can you go rip down a desert road or rock crawl with those? doubt it.

yes i have a gen 1 raptor and while it gets out of its own way, by no means do i see it as fast. even a gen 2/3 with the EB motor is eh..still a 14 sec 6000 pound behemoth. the idiots that like to pretend they can jump their Raps crack my up. nothing like 6000 pounds coming down hard on the front end. everything has its place and niche.

a rivian and a raptor is way faster than a jeep but take them off road and see how far you get. a jeep with look back and laugh.

this whole idea of who's fastest in trucks is for high school kids that still havent gotten laid yet.

now we are getting somewhere....

diesel vs gas, hell no. there again, not the same systems. i've had turbo diesels and plenty of gas trucks and diesels with smoke and gasser i've had, comparing equals like 4x4 and transmissions.

even comparing a 2x4 to a 4x4 isnt a fair fight. HP to weight ratio matters. tire size matters, gearing matters.

as for EV "trucks", they are better put in a station wagon category. is the EV truck 4 wheel drive, true 4 wheel drive not the all wheel drive. do they have ground clearance? can you go rip down a desert road or rock crawl with those? doubt it.

yes i have a gen 1 raptor and while it gets out of its own way, by no means do i see it as fast. even a gen 2/3 with the EB motor is eh..still a 14 sec 6000 pound behemoth. the idiots that like to pretend they can jump their Raps crack my up. nothing like 6000 pounds coming down hard on the front end. everything has its place and niche.

a rivian and a raptor is way faster than a jeep but take them off road and see how far you get. a jeep with look back and laugh.

this whole idea of who's fastest in trucks is for high school kids that still havent gotten laid yet.
OK - no opinion on off-road as I just drove the Rivian for a bit and, as previously noted, I'm not interested in buying one.

It was a fun drive and I was very surprised how insanely fast it accelerated compared to other performance trucks I'd driven recently. If you want to read more into it then carry on dude...

Raptor jumping... always ends funny!

Though I like Raptors in a 'screw you, I'm burning hydrocarbons and letting you know it' kind of way.

I'd prefer to see people with Rivians do this. So we can laugh at them for driving ghey trucks AND still burning hydrocarbons while trying to pretend that their power isn't coming from coal or some kind of 'fake' green power that is essentially built using massive amounts of... hydrocarbons.

Rivian Jumping... they go fast! Jump them!

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: tucaz

Though I like Raptors in a 'screw you, I'm burning hydrocarbons and letting you know it' kind of way.

I'd prefer to see people with Rivians do this. So we can laugh at them for driving ghey trucks AND still burning hydrocarbons while trying to pretend that their power isn't coming from coal or some kind of 'fake' green power that is essentially built using massive amounts of... hydrocarbons.

Sirhr

after driving my gen1 for a year now, i came to the conclusion that every half ton should have the option of the raptor front end. its the bare minimum it should be.

normal half ton front ends just feel weak. i went from a 2004 super duty with leafs to the a 2010 f150 once and i always thought the front wheels where gonna come off.

i love seeing those vids of guys with raps blowing the front up. they were not made to fly.

Last edited:

Sirhr

I've seen horror stories on youtube where an ev hit something on the road and put a tiny dent in the battery housing and the dealers were charging 20K+ to replace because ANY damage to the battery was unacceptable. Wonder what would happen when a rivian hit and bottomed out. Those battery packs are heavy as fuck would it fly out the bottom? The tesla truck fail vids are also good for a laugh.

Also the crash test and CAFE standards keep “nosing upwards” to include heavier and larger vehicles. So if manufacturers want to keep their trucks in the “truck” category they have to keep making them bigger.

I mean a bigger truck is great for towing and plowing. But around town for errands etc they suck!

Cheers! Sirhr

The Ford Maverick is wider than the classic S10, but comparing similar body styles (crew cab short box) shows they are not terribly different.

It could be done - manufacturers just typically choose not to do so.