• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone have a Nox 35 in the DFW area How is the Nox 35 vs 50mm's

chadwickz71

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Jan 9, 2022
ennis,tx
I have 2 50mm XRF units because of the onboard rangefinder which i use a lot. Now that there are some decently priced handheld spotters with rangefinders built in coming on the market i'd like to shave some weight off my rifle and looking hard at the NOX 35. I have a Halo-lr before the XRF and liked it but had to run a external battery on it to get away from the cr123s and the plug in was always sticking out, never broke it but worried about it...

The Nox 35 is more updated with the battery setup IMHO compared to the halo LR, but its only a 35m.

I'd like to see if anyone has a nox 35 around that i could come A/B with my XRF to see if i feel like its enough mag for me. The weight difference between the XRF and nox 35 is unreal... 41oz vs 18oz i believe.

Last edited:
OR if i can't see one, i guess i'll say i use the 2x power setting on running shots mostly on the XRF's so if im doing this right at 3.5x base, that means im at 7 power.

The Nox at 2.5 base, to get to around the same i'd be either on 2x which is 5 power or 4x which is 10 power... How is the image on the Nox 35 on the 4x setup.

It's pretty good at 2x digital......

4x digital starts to pixelate - generally I'd say it is still usable for either shooting or observation. I have not found a use for 8x digital.

I have 2 50mm XRF units because of the onboard rangefinder which i use a lot. Now that there are some decently priced handheld spotters with rangefinders built in coming on the market i'd like to shave some weight off my rifle and looking hard at the NOX 35. I have a Halo-lr before the XRF and liked it but had to run a external battery on it to get away from the cr123s and the plug in was always sticking out, never broke it but worried about it...

The Nox 35 is more updated with the battery setup IMHO compared to the halo LR, but its only a 35m.

I'd like to see if anyone has a nox 35 around that i could come A/B with my XRF to see if i feel like its enough mag for me. The weight difference between the XRF and nox 35 is unreal... 41oz vs 18oz i believe.
Cannot meet your request in person. But can confirm the Nox 35 is a phenomenal scope. The 35mm works great even in high humidity. As compared to my Iray Rico 50 and Pulsar Helion 50. So does my Nox 18. I think it is a BAE thing. The 18650 option is far superior to CR123. And really wish all my thermals ran off them. I carry multiples, but usually run the same battery over 2-3 hunts. The weight savings is legit…..especially on the SBR. Zoom is subjective and mission driven….but mine usually stays on base mag for most pig engagements. Sometimes I do zoom in one time if it is only a single or few pigs. And it is still a good image. But I prefer the base mag FOV for runners.

Reactions: SkyScrapin