• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone here hang a suppressor off a 26" Proof stainless?

atepointer

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    I'm currently running a 22" and have run one on an older 24" no issues. Before I go this Bighorn/Proof stainless route would love to know how it shoots for you suppressed. Not worried about maneuverability/PRS it's a stationary rifle, but do wonder about harmonics with going that long and adding a pound distally.

Last edited:
    I have run suppressors on multiple 26" barrels, never a Proof in particular. For me, the suppressor has always calmed the rifle down or possibly just the shooter. My 26" Bartlien 6mm Creedmoor shoots consistent .4 moa at 100 with a brake and under .3 moa with the suppressor. This same phenomenon has presented itself on the majority of my rifles. May just be that I shoot better with the reduced noise and concussion, but the suppressors certainly don't appear to hurt my groups at all.

Reactions: atepointer
    Great thanks. For the same reasons you have stated or possibly still unknown in my case the suppressor has given me similar results with accuracy. Glad to year you are having great results on longer/suppressed.

I have a 29" 300 Win Mag barrel and I have had a Sauer STR in 6.5x55 with a 30" barrel, both shoot great with or without the suppressors Ive ran on them. I would not worry a second about putting a can pretty much any rifle. As long as the can handles the caliber of choise.

Awesome guys thanks. I'm still torn on which way to go when this Bergara barrel says 'no mas'. I can rebarrel it for ~ $550, buy a brand new one for 950 or spend 2x that for a proof/bighorn. BUT at least if the latter is in stock I feel better about heading that way hearing your results.

Got a save 112 VLP chambered in .30-06. The suppressor makes this already heavy rifle (11lbs empty), soft recoiling rifle feel like an airgun.

Shot it at an F-class match and the suppressor just made the 3x20 shot strings feel like a dream...didn’t even once think if recoil while sending 185gr Bergers out at 3,000ft/s.

Does Bergara say dont use a can?

I can tell you that since suppressors were permitted, I would guess that about 70% or more of Swedens hunters and competition shooters have a suppressor on one or more of their rifles. If its an old Husquarna or a brand new Blaser R8 or anything in between does not matter. I am sure there are a few Bergaras too, even if it is not a big brand here. Suppressors are a very common item and very few seems to have issues with them, no matter wich rifle they start out with.

Does Bergara say dont use a can?

I can tell you that since suppressors were permitted, about 70% or more of Swedens hunters and competition shooters have a suppressor on their rifle. If its an old Husquarna or a brand new Blaser R8 or anything in between does not matter. I am sure there are a few Bergaras too, even if it is not a big brand. Suppressors are a very common item and very few seems to have issues with them, no matter wich rifle they start out with.
    No not at all. I simply brought up the topic b/c my barrel is probably going to be toast by fall time frame. So, I can send it off to Bergara for a new 22" barrel which will take it out of my hands for quite a long time @ $550. Or buy a complete new Bergara if they are back in stock.....or build custom. I like Bighorn and Proof....Proof prefits in 6.5 for Origin are cut to 26". My B14 HMR is a bugholing mofo with suppressor!

Last edited:
    Reactions: VargmatII
    Plus my buddy just put a really neat pain job on the Bergara so that may stay with me forever regardless.
    IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2635.JPG
    IMG_2636.JPG

Reactions: VargmatII
    No not at all. I simply brought up the topic b/c my barrel is probably going to be toast by fall time frame. So, I can send it off to Bergara for a new 22" barrel which will take it out of my hands for quite a long time @ $550. Or buy a complete new Bergara if they are back in stock.....or build custom. I like Bighorn and Proof....Proof prefits in 6.5 for Origin are cut to 26". My B14 HMR is a bugholing mofo with suppressor!
    Order a barrel and action now if you know your rifle will probably be toast by this fall. You can also buy a blank and have a gunsmith cut a barrel for your Bergara instead of sending it to the factory. Shit, do both of those things as funds allow.

My dad’s 6xc has a 26” barrel and only shoots it with the can on (TBAC Ultra 7). It’s a Bartlein marksman contour. No issues for him; it’s a laser beam.