Are the US Secret Service using standard Remington 700 actions?

A 55gr American eagle at 3000-3200fps with a 5-10mph wind depending on how you play with a calculator with wind will move 1-2.4 inches at 150yds
Ordinarily, an AR-15 at this distance would be a chip shot for an experienced shooter with a good quality scoped AR-15.

Maybe the shooter wasn't trained, maybe he had a 5MOA $600 AR rather than a 1MOA $2500 gun, maybe he was shooting crappy ammo, maybe he was using iron sights rather than a scope.

Oddly, it might have been fortuitous for Trump that the shooter used an AR-15 rather than a scoped hunting or precision bolt rifle. He probably wouldn't have gotten that many shots off, however.

Specs for the rifle are;

Trued Remington 700 Blued Action
AI AX Gen 1 Chassis with RRS Arca Adapter Plate
Tuned Walker Trigger
Schneider Max Heavy Contour 26.5" barrel with 1/10" twist 300WM
Ammo is rumoured to be a Mk248 Mod0 or a derivative OR a custom procured copper based bullet designed to rapidly expand.
Optic is a 7-35x56 ATACR with Trmr 3 reticle
MARS-L is mounted on top of the rings.
TAB Gear PRS sling

The Rings are what I can't get info on. They were typically custom made in the previous gen SS Rifles then went to Badger Ordnance. Maybe they are badger rings with a custom diving board mount. If anyone can ID, please let me know.

Reactions: DRAKENBURG
The point still stands. If you want a good rifle, it starts with AI.
You haven’t been paying attention to all the AI threads recently, have you… Lots of complaints about quality heading towards the shitter, while they keep jacking up prices, like everyone else. Typical of most companies post-covid bullshit.

You haven’t been paying attention to all the AI threads recently, have you… Lots of complaints about quality heading towards the shitter, while they keep jacking up prices, like everyone else. Typical of most companies post-covid bullshit.

WTF are you talking about? 1 guy in 3 pages comparing his 60° to 90° bolt lift is heavy, with the usual poors jumping in. I'll need some more specifics of "all these ai guns failing or having problems".

look really close to the Mk13 Mod 7's IMO.
At a glance, they're nearly identical. The current versions of the SC rifles are a bit easier & less expensive to clone compared to the Mod 7s, at least at this point in time.

you're a champion - is there a website?
If you haven't already, hit up a search engine...There were some sets and a diving board mount on Gunbroker recently if you're looking - no idea if they're still available though.

Anyone want to analyze this?

140 yards, .223, 55 grain, 5mph full wind saved trumps life and moved the bullet two inches?

My after-action arm chair monday morning guess is another nut job got a gun and didn't know too much about firearms . The SS took him out [guessing] using a 308 . Sadly an innocent was murdered by a nut job .

At a glance, they're nearly identical. The current versions of the SC rifles are a bit easier & less expensive to clone compared to the Mod 7s, at least at this point in time.

hell when I was at CRANE the small arms guy gave me a quick tour. R700 with Lilja barrels. nothing super fancy. still got pictures of the racks full of them. these are when the USMC adopted them.

You completely misquoted me, I said quality dropped, not failing and having problems. 👍🏼
Ok, I'm game. Point me to or link all these qc issues in AIs you speak of. I stand by what I said, outside of 1 guy that expected impact prec gamer gun bolt lift and was shocked by the slightly heavier ai bolt lift. My AIs have equal bolt lift to my solus and one of my 2013 BO. The other 2013 has a parked bolt and standard fp spring and it's heavier lift than the other 60° actions I have.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
So I'm not up on all the mk13 iterations, some used stiller actions, but did that change and which mod#?
Stiller came in for left handed Mod5s (tentatively called mod 6) which dumped the MARS rail and went for a Badger mount that connected to the front of the chassis to provide Night Fighting and NV capability. The stillers came in under full contract for Mod7

Stiller came in for left handed Mod5s (tentatively called mod 6) which dumped the MARS rail and went for a Badger mount that connected to the front of the chassis to provide Night Fighting and NV capability. The stillers came in under full contract for Mod7
Badger imuns is way better than that Mars rail, good info from you 2 gents, thanks.

Reactions: Zigjib
Not to mention it isn't a giant cantilever with a 2lb NV or Thermal device hanging on it - from a design perspective it's far superior to the MARS!
100%.... Had a MIRS loosen up and and the MARS straight up fall off. Our fault, didn't use loctite, but yeah lol, it's a big seesaw