Armalite AR10 Super SASS vs LWRC REPR

mjroyer66

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2010
I've looked at both weapon systems and was inclined to purchase the REPR due to the gas piston. Just returned from Storm Mountain and they strongly recommend the Armalite......any thoughts?

Re: Armalite AR10 Super SASS vs LWRC REPR

If you have the cash, I would suggest going with a factory built Noveske N6 18" over the Armalite AR10 Super SASS. My N6 came spec'd with a magpul prs stock and geissele trigger for less than the cost of a comparable spec’d REPER.

Yes the REPR has had its growing pains (as did the ar platform for the last 20+ years)... but LWRC is making it right. I own a 20" REPR and couldn't be happier. No issues to date. They do cost a little bit more coin ($) but your getting some pretty unique features along with this weapon. Ultimately, it's your money.... But I'm tired of people talking trash about this system. It's a solid MOA semi auto and shoots sob moa with the gas regulator closed. Work it like a bolt or run it like a semi... Look on LWRC's forum for some lower priced units with the mag catch mod already done. Best of luck

Thank you......
I have a M6A3 that I'm very happy with........I've also spoken with LWRC and it sounds like they have the mag catch issue resolved. No objection making the investment.....don't want to pay the dumb tax though. Curious why Rev 762 recommends the Noveske with the 18" configuration versus the 21"?
Spent 6 days at Storm Mtn in WV and they had some modified SASS that shot very very well almost $7k w/out the suppressor, $8995 with the suppressor...live in NY so suppression is out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjroyer66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they had some modified SASS that shot very very well almost $7k w/out the suppressor, $8995 with the suppressor...live in NY so suppression is out.</div></div>
I am not sure what modified means but come on, 7k for a SASS (I hope that was with an optic - a very nice one like a S&B). I would dial it down a tad and get a Noveske, at $3100, GAP SASS at around the same price, a REPR or what ever else before I pay 7k for a Super SASS. I would use rest of the money for optic and ammo to practice with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjroyer66</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Curious why Rev 762 recommends the Noveske with the 18" configuration versus the 21"?
</div></div>

I recommend the 18" because it's enough barrel for any type of shooting your probably going to do. With Black Hills Gold 7.62 168gr mine averages in the high 26XXfps.

Unless you plan to shoot supressed i'd go with an AR-10T. With the SASS your also buying and adj gas block, quad rail, and PRS stock.