Army Ranger to be awarded the M.O.H.

Re: Army Ranger to be awarded the M.O.H.

dEPLOYED 8 TIMES!... I salute you but can't the army find someone else to go and give this guy some time off. Sheesh he has a wife and 4 kids?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrett4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dEPLOYED 8 TIMES!... I salute you but can't the army find someone else to go and give this guy some time off. Sheesh he has a wife and 4 kids? </div></div>

Not taking away from ANYTHING this guy did but USASOC does shorter deployment rotations 3 months is the standard. He's still a freaking stud though.

RLTW, 8 times. 8, 90 to 100 day deployments, a Raid or two each night depending on follow on missions. That would be 720 missions minimum and 720 to 800 days on the ground in a combat zone.

Last stanza !

"Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight ont to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor."

RLTW!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrett4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dEPLOYED 8 TIMES!... I salute you but can't the army find someone else to go and give this guy some time off. Sheesh he has a wife and 4 kids? </div></div>

Not taking away from ANYTHING this guy did but USASOC does shorter deployment rotations 3 months is the standard. He's still a freaking stud though. </div></div>
Depend, yes they are shorter but for certain elements within there I've seen 6 months tours and yes there are shorter.
When I left Campbell in 07 there was a kid who was on his fourth 1+ year long deployment. He was on the initial push into Iraq (extended tour over a year), went right into Afghanistan, had a little break and back into Iraq and then was going back into Afghanistan again for the 08 deployment. If he stayed in then he probably has completed or is completing his fifth tour which would have been in Afghanistan for a total of over five years deployed in a combat zone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When I left Campbell in 07 there was a kid who was on his fourth 1+ year long deployment. He was on the initial push into Iraq (extended tour over a year), went right into Afghanistan, had a little break and back into Iraq and then was going back into Afghanistan again for the 08 deployment. If he stayed in then he probably has completed or is completing his fifth tour which would have been in Afghanistan for a total of over five years deployed in a combat zone. </div></div>

As a civvie I just can't even fathom what that level of commitment and toughness is like. Our servicemen are a breed apart.

Props to this guy, but I have one question: I know there have been at least two other MOH's who achieved their awards and gave their lives selflessly by laying on a hot grenade to protect their comrades around them, so what makes one guy jump on it versus another that try's to pick it up and fling it, with the exception perhaps of no where (safe) to toss it too? Is there a SOP for..."a hot grenade just landed near me" and does it vary by branch?

I say hooah son. What great guy and glad is is getting the CMH he has it coming for sure. I bet his dad £ mom. Are very proud and should be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">METTC

</div></div>+1