Rifle Scopes Atacr gen 2

JohnDeereGuy1996

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Was just curious if there have been any rumblings of a gen 2 atacr. I recently sold all of mine because the rotating oculars drove me crazy. Now I keep finding myself looking at them again. Really feel like the atacr line is due for some updates and didn’t know if anyone had the scoop.

I do not understand how the rotating ocular is a big deal to some. I put the hinge of the scope cap at 9:00 at lowest power and use the power throw lever. Done.
It depends on what you use the rifle for...rotaing caps are more an issue than rotating ocular IMHO.

It can obstruct slightines, bolt path, ect. It typically happens not the way you expect it. IE, most a problem when it gets bumped, then you move it, and its a suprise. For a match rifle, this is sub-optimal, but its easily solved (ie strip the flip caps). At the range or in otherwise the field, its typically a non-issue.

I've never seen issues "optically" etc with the rotating ocular. And the diopter has a locking ring. I would recommend you use a mark to note correct diopter settings, should anything ever get out of line, however. But thats probably a good best practice for a professional/comp rifle, not specific to NF.

But I too am curious what's coming.

I must say, that’s a pretty good idea! Especially with NF ATACR oculars: https://onehundredconcepts.com/products/shockcollar

The shock cord collar is new to me. I just use self adhering bandage to control the anchor point. It’s super cheap and gives the scope some padding for when I dump the rifle in the dump box/barrel as well. I got the cammo shit at sportsman for like $6 per 100’.