Rifle Scopes Barska Scope Question

Casual

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
Re: Barska Scope Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude....to avoid any further brain dammage do yourself a favor....and go over to AR15dotcom and junk that pos </div></div>

It's all that I can afford.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casual</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude....to avoid any further brain dammage do yourself a favor....and go over to AR15dotcom and junk that pos </div></div>

It's all that I can afford.</div></div>

i guess then you will now learn yourself a VERY expensive lesson then.....

carry on sport!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

carry on sport! </div></div>

It was only $120 from Amazon shipping and all after the discount I get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casual</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

carry on sport! </div></div>

It was only $120 from Amazon shipping and all after the discount I get.</div></div>

dude....you don't fucking get it....you can't shoot your way to glory and fame and success with something made for the airsoft market and crap made by convicts from a fourth world country

You guys are being too hard this is the barska SNiPER model it's bad ass!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Barska 6-24x50 Sniper Scope, and I have a Question. I've never had scopes like this. Getting to the point; the Elevation and Windage knobs do not have screws on the top of them to re-zero it after I zero it for the first time. So that I can make yardage adjustments. Here is a link to the scope;
http://www.barska.com/Sniper_Scope-6-24x50_IR_Sniper_Scope_by_Barska_Green_Ir_mil-dot.html
Help would be much apprecited, thank you. </div></div>

There are set screws around the top of the turret on the sides. Your scope should have come with a key to fit these.

When in doubt RTFM.

Now, stop eating out. Stop smoking. Stop blowing cash at the titty bar or whatever vices you have and start saving money for a new scope. That Barska is crap and will cease to function soon if you do any kind of shooting with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Barska 6-24x50 Sniper Scope, and I have a Question. I've never had scopes like this. Getting to the point; the Elevation and Windage knobs do not have screws on the top of them to re-zero it after I zero it for the first time. So that I can make yardage adjustments. Here is a link to the scope;
http://www.barska.com/Sniper_Scope-6-24x50_IR_Sniper_Scope_by_Barska_Green_Ir_mil-dot.html
Help would be much apprecited, thank you. </div></div>

Hey man, these scopes are a joke but for a little more you can actually get a decent scope. Look at the SWFA Super Snipers (they have a stupid name but you'll be a lot happier with one.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There are set screws around the top of the turret on the sides. Your scope should have come with a key to fit these.

When in doubt RTFM.

Now, stop eating out. Stop smoking. Stop blowing cash at the titty bar or whatever vices you have and start saving money for a new scope. That Barska is crap and will cease to function soon if you do any kind of shooting with it. </div></div>

I'm 15, I spent nearly all of my money on the gun I bought. It took me a while to afford this scope. It's the best I can do for now. But thank you for your information.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm 15, I spent nearly all of my money on the gun I bought. It took me a while to afford this scope. It's the best I can do for now. But thank you for your information.</div></div>

Casual, don't take this the wrong way but....

If you're that young and money is that tight, I wouldn't be worrying about a scope. I would buy a .22 or a .17 with iron sights and work on marksmanship.

Well, next time ask questions before you buy. Don't feel bad though. When I was your age, I bought some pretty dumb "bargains." I learned that it was better to wait and get what I really wanted and what worked than buy a "bargain" I would never be happy with.

For what it's worth, you could have bought a used Leupold on eBay or some place similar for a little more than you spent and you would have had a scope that was functional with a lifetime warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Casual said:
Casual, don't take this the wrong way but....

If you're that young and money is that tight, I wouldn't be worrying about a scope. I would buy a .22 or a .17 with iron sights and work on marksmanship. </div></div>

No offence taken. I have 3 rifles; A Marlin .22, Remington 270, and a Norinco SKS. I practice when I get a chance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumulkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, next time ask questions before you buy. Don't feel bad though. When I was your age, I bought some pretty dumb "bargains." I learned that it was better to wait and get what I really wanted and what worked than buy a "bargain" I would never be happy with.

For what it's worth, you could have bought a used Leupold on eBay or some place similar for a little more than you spent and you would have had a scope that was functional with a lifetime warranty. </div></div> I plan on sending it back tonight. I'm going to try to save up for something a little better. I went outside this morning to look at a target since it came to late last night to. I could barely see anything from the blurriness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casual</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumulkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, next time ask questions before you buy. Don't feel bad though. When I was your age, I bought some pretty dumb "bargains." I learned that it was better to wait and get what I really wanted and what worked than buy a "bargain" I would never be happy with.

For what it's worth, you could have bought a used Leupold on eBay or some place similar for a little more than you spent and you would have had a scope that was functional with a lifetime warranty. </div></div> I plan on sending it back tonight. I'm going to try to save up for something a little better. I went outside this morning to look at a target since it came to late last night to. I could barely see anything from the blurriness. </div></div>

That's what everyone was trying to tell you the resolution on any of the cheaper scopes is horrible hence the blurry image. They also don't track very well.
If I may offer a suggestion SWFA has a 6.5-25X44 Konus M30 scope for $270. My brother has had one on his Remmy SPS 308 tactical for over a year. Very clear glass and excellent resolution. It seems to track well. I've compared it to my night force out to 200 yards (limit of our local range) for resolution and brightness and didn't see much difference

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casual</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude....to avoid any further brain dammage do yourself a favor....and go over to AR15dotcom and junk that pos </div></div>

It's all that I can afford. </div></div>

Ok man, I know what its like to be on the poor train, bt ebay has SS 10x42 scopes for like $200 and the used section has deals all the time, you can save alot of money and get a damn good scope with a little shopping. Good luck