Range Report Berger has a new 7mm bullet

In my testing (done at 1284 yds), The 183s shoot fine but are not as consistent as the 184s when pointed. The 185 rdfs seem to be a step down in BC from the rest of these. I did an initial test a few months back and got very promising results with the 190lrht, but only one data point (8 rounds into 9” vertical). Hopefully I’ll be able to do some further testing soon. I’m happy not to have to point these.

Also where are those 190 A-Tips?!?

Last edited:
In my testing (done at 1284 yds), The 183s shoot fine but are not as consistent as the 184s when pointed. The 185 rdfs seem to be a step down in BC from the rest of these. I did an initial test a few months back and got very promising results with the 190lrht, but only one data point (8 rounds into 9” vertical). Hopefully I’ll be able to do some further testing soon. I’m happy not to have to point these.

Also where are those 190 A-Tips?!?

Several places have them in stock.

A bit of an update
Still liking the 190 hybrids.
No blow ups and very consistent.
I will be shooting them side by side against the 190 A-tips hopefully mid week.

The 185 RDF is also proving to be a decent alternative.
The advertised BC is working quite well with my kestrel and I had pretty good success with them Friday and Saturday out to 1930 yards and the price is nice.

Got a new barrel sitting here ready to go.

A bit of an update
Still liking the 190 hybrids.
No blow ups and very consistent.
I will be shooting them side by side against the 190 A-tips hopefully mid week.

The 185 RDF is also proving to be a decent alternative.
The advertised BC is working quite well with my kestrel and I had pretty good success with them Friday and Saturday out to 1930 yards and the price is nice.

Got a new barrel sitting here ready to go.
Did you use a step down BC for the 190 grain four the 190 grain Berger out to 1900 yards and if so what did you use?

Did you use a step down BC for the 190 grain four the 190 grain Berger out to 1900 yards and if so what did you use?
No

I’m running a kestrel now with .384 G7.

I trued it at 1500 yards for a very slight velocity adjustment and it was money at 1930 which kinda surprised me.

Using ballistic AE I think a G7 of .379 was needed and all was good.

No monkey business like some other bullets.

The RDF’s also were close on the BC.

No

I’m running a kestrel now with .384 G7.

I trued it at 1500 yards for a very slight velocity adjustment and it was money at 1930 which kinda surprised me.

Using ballistic AE I think a G7 of .379 was needed and all was good.

No monkey business like some other bullets.

The RDF’s also were close on the BC.
Oh nice so .379 got you out to 1930 pretty impressive. Yeah seems way better than a step down bc. Berger doesnt off them anyways they say the bc is so true you use the number out to 1 mile. Thank you for info

Oh nice so .379 got you out to 1930 pretty impressive. Yeah seems way better than a step down bc. Berger doesnt off them anyways they say the bc is so true you use the number out to 1 mile. Thank you for info
That’s into sub sonic a bit so that’s pretty impressive.
I can’t say I’ve had any odd duck shots either so bullet consistency seems really good.

Awesome never shot many bergers but that's 1 thing i always hear of there consistency and true bc
I used to shoot a lot of 140 hybrids and some VLD’s and they definitely are true and consistent.

Even when adjusted the 180 ELDM is a really impressive BC but as you found that doesn’t mean diddly squat when they go poof.

Reactions: jackdesert
I used to shoot a lot of 140 hybrids and some VLD’s and they definitely are true and consistent.

Even when adjusted the 180 ELDM is a really impressive BC but as you found that doesn’t mean diddly squat when they go poof.
Haha yeah that was terrible. I have sone 245 eol bergers tried a couple in my 300 win mag but have such good luck with the 225 eldm and even the 147 eldm its sad they messed up on the 180 eldm. But berger looks like the winner or even the 197 smk might try them

I always do some load development at 100 find best group/ chronograph speed and lowe spread then just shoot rocks and steel
Anymore I just confirm zero and see what happens on steel.
I have yet to shoot a group bigger than 5/8 with this barrel so I just get to a decent speed with nice vertical and go for it.

What barrel make is it? Yeah thats way easier and faster lol
Brux
It was my first cut rifled barrel and it’s been awesome.

I have a brand new one sitting next to me almost exactly like my current one.
28” heavy Palma but I went to a 3/4x24 muzzle thread that’s a bit longer so it’s not buried so deeply in a sidewinder brake.

Brux
It was my first cut rifled barrel and it’s been awesome.

I have a brand new one sitting next to me almost exactly like my current one.
28” heavy Palma but I went to a 3/4x24 muzzle thread that’s a bit longer so it’s not buried so deeply in a sidewinder brake.
Never tried them. Bartlein is my go to now. Did you go 1-8 twist again?

Nice i have one shoulder and my first remage but prolly gonna switch to the nut system to do myself barrel swaps
Yea, I totally trust my barrel guy but I like setting headspace tight myself and it’s super easy as I’m using a ARC Bar loc.
You do lose the ability to control curvature so you don’t get maximum elevation like a good smith would provide.

Yea, I totally trust my barrel guy but I like setting headspace tight myself and it’s super easy as I’m using a ARC Bar loc.
You do lose the ability to control curvature so you don’t get maximum elevation like a good smith would provide.
Yeah i always have my smith do my barrels out of blanks. Thinking on doing the bugnut system

Ive heard people complain about point of shift with those easy to bump off? Yeah im pretty excited dont take much tools and bugholes seems pretty top notch

On this subject, I've ran multiple switch barrel systems and know plenty of people that have ran the ones I haven't. There's nothing as good or gives you as much peace of mind as a shouldered barrel, barrel vise, and action wrench. Might end up spending a few more bucks but it's worth it!

battle of the 190 tomorrow or Friday!
5705AEE7-16DD-4AE5-B429-A4E95B5819B5.jpeg