• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Best inch pound torque wrench

Use one very similar to this:
1565367392449.png

On the ring caps I use the fat wrench as this one doesn't go down to 15 inch pounds area.

R

I have multiple custom kits I ordered from Fix-It-Sticks with the attachments and torque limiters I wanted. Been using it for years.

I would like to correct that Borka Tools is the only source for custom kits, if necessary...
I do have a question - did you purchase individual components from FIS to build your custom kit(s) by yourself, or FIS just took your order and then delivered a custom kit with everything you've specified?
I could not find any info on FIS website that they will ship a custom kit, specified by individual user. May be I was not looking in a right place, not sure...

At the moment, Borka Tools is the only source for custom precision torque limiter (PTL) kits both for individuals and OEMs. Fix It Sticks can certainly offer custom kits for OEMs, but they do not yet publicly offer custom kits for individuals, at least on their website. Borka prices for custom kits are the same as for the standard (off-the shelf) kits, lead time is no more than 3 business days.

This is what I was referring to. These should cover most everything firearm and optic related.

Reactions: Longshot231
I would like to correct that Borka Tools is the only source for custom kits, if necessary...
I do have a question - did you purchase individual components from FIS to build your custom kit(s) by yourself, or FIS just took your order and then delivered a custom kit with everything you've specified?
I could not find any info on FIS website that they will ship a custom kit, specified by individual user. May be I was not looking in a right place, not sure...

I specified what parts I wanted in my kits and they sent me the kits with exactly what I ordered in a small, tough zipper case.

Reactions: kindabitey
I specified what parts I wanted in my kits and they sent me the kits with exactly what I ordered in a small, tough zipper case.
Thank you very much for clarification.

Borka Tools offers custom (user specified) PTL kits since 2014.
Seems like it would be beneficial for FIS to publically offer such service on their website under "Categories" menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: padom
Go with the regular fat wrench, not the digital. Just another thing to go wrong. Mine just went haywire, now I'm going to go buy the less expensive model that doesn't beep uncontrollably at me for whatever reason. Not to mention, it doesn't stop when you get to your required torque, you have to tighten very slowly to make sure you're accurate.

yeah.... that beeping anytime all the times stuff seems to me like a real design flaw. Can't see any reason for it.

I use a Park Tool beam type in/lb torque wrench. Park Tool makes tools for bicycle mechanics, and most fasteners on a bike are in inch/pounds. I don't think they make the beam type anymore, but their other two click type torque wrenches are around $100.

I have a Borka kit, but I also keep a Mountz EMT50 in my tool kit which covers 10-50 in/lb. I work in aerospace so we have torque wrench checking & calibration stations in our calibration lab, and the Mountz is extremely accurate, repeatable, and not technique sensitive; just dial it in, then hold and twist. We use a bunch of the Mountz drivers on the floor of the shop too. It uses the same 1/4" hex bits as the Borka kit, so very convenient.

At some point I need to pick up a Mountz EMT80 to cover the 30-80 in/lb range.

My experience with the Borka multi-torque wrench is that it's quite accurate, but very technique sensitive-- how you hold and apply force to the handle can significantly influence the final torque, so follow their instructions exactly. Never grab the break-over handle, but instead apply force perpendicularly to the handle from a single point. If you use it properly they're right on according to our calibration machines. Borka's preset torque limiters are also extremely accurate and repeatable and not technique sensitive.

The Seekonk fixed value drivers also test very well on the calibration station.

Last edited:
I saw that there were 2 models of the Wheeler, one $60, the other $90.

looks good, but Im still too cheap, I bought a torquing wrench made by Pittsburgh, at Harbor Freight tools for $20.
It has a 1/4" male knob to add on the right size/shape of metric or imperial bits.
it goes from 20-200 squared inch pounds, and it will stop at the torquing level you input with a "break-away rim" effect like in basketball when you hit that torque number.

It is on this link and Harbor Freight has many other torque wrenches: CLICK HERE

Fix it sticks are great. The arguments going back and forth between the many are less important than tightening the fasteners to the minimum required.

I own a wheeler fat wrench and some others. I like the fix it sticks.

Reactions: Longshot231