Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Defiance AntiX

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Terminus Kratos Lite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Kelbly Nanook

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
I tried the AntiX, but didn’t love the aluminum bolt shroud or aggressive fluting. The weight was awesome, though. So the Ruckus GA Hunter is my vote, optioned out to reduce weight, but with less aggressive fluting. I’m with you, I’m not a fan of Titanium actions.

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
Not interested in titanium

2O5.gif

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kind of kidding.

I'm not a big action connoisseur, but depending on the scope you are looking to use, you might avoid the split rail set-ups as it could limit you in obtaining proper eye relief and/or limit your scope options. Based on where the industry is going (and currently), the availability of on-the-shelf pre-fits could be a consideration. Do you care about trigger hangers vs pins? I think you'll have comparatively limited options with the flat bottom Vampire action (or at least more costly to inlet/machine a stock/chassis.

The flat bottom on the vampire was one of the reasons I was considering the vesper. I do like that terminus has the screw in trigger pins. Haven't had any experience with trigger hangers. I wish impact precision had a lightweight option. The action will most likely be going in a MDT HNT26 chassis. Looking to chamber 300prc and possibly 338 Norma mag

Last edited:
If I was looking for a short action that could be an option. But at the moment I'm not aware of a lightweight 787.
I would like to use my ai mags. One thing that draws me to the bat and terminus are the modular bolt faces.

I'm a huge fan of my vampire for anything 532 bolt face. If you're considering anything on the lapua bolt face, get the vesper. Of all the actions you posted, it's the only one with a 1-1/8" tenon and oversized lugs. I've owned a few the lightweight terminus, I'd pass after owing them. I do like my original helios serial number 0007, but the 2 newer ones I'm not impressed. I don't believe terminus has a modular bolt to swap faces. I'm not a defiance fan boy, but after I played with one that Alex Wheeler had gone through and cut the cocking ramp and timed the trigger to, it felt great, much better than an out the box deviant.

Reactions: holen'one
@shootist406 How do you like the bat compared to the the terminus and defiance? It's hard to find a bat action to take a look at and compare bolt lift, smoothness and build quality.
That vampire is extremely smooth, bolt lift is lighter than terminus and similar to a well timed defiance. Bat actions are just superb. The new budget igniter line offers a LOT for 1100$ however they're not light. I love my vampire, and have shot a few bumblebee(short action) and they're all excellent!

Reactions: holen'one