• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Best place to buy AR500 steel targets?

WtxShooter

Gun loving dad!
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Lubbock, TX
So I finally got approval on some family land we have to use as a personal gun range, and need to get some steel targets for it now. What is the most affordable place to buy some? Any places offer a hide discount possibly? Obviously want to help those that help us if possible. Thanks in advance.

Don’t know of the best prices, but JC Steel targets is good to go. Owner, Jake Vibbert, is a top PRS/NRL shooter and a huge supporter of the sport. I’d definitely look at his stuff. I have a 4” and 10” plate from him and they have held up extremely well over a few years.

JC steel is the hide sponsor

This is where Ive been buying mine from, its the cheapest Ive found and honestly thats the only criteria I care about and they also have a presence on amazon but some stuff is cheaper on their website. https://bullseyemetals-com.myshopify.com/

Though in looking a bit now for a full size ispc midway is matching the price and has a free shipping coupon as well so its the same price. Shop around and see where the best price is after shipping. Shipping these can be pricey.

If you are a cheap guy like me, find the nearest scrap yard. They will normally let you trade a case of beer for some scrap AR steel. Any type of cutting blade or even quarry chute lining will be Abrasion Resistant (AR). If any of you are up in Washington State, PM me and I can give you contact info for a good place to pick up some steel.

I can say that the JC Steel slotted hook bracket is slick as slick. Easy to use, easy to set up.

I cut my T-posts in about half, I usually don't need them super long anyway, makes them a lot easier to pack on the 4 wheeler. I cut the tip to a point, and pound them in with a small hand sledge.

The best part of this system is just how damn loud and clear they ring when struck!! It's pretty awesome.

Dark

Last edited:
I can say that the JC Steel slotted hook bracket is slick as slick. Easy to use, easy to set up. (snip) The best part os this system is just how damn loud and clear they ring when struck!! It's pretty awesome.

You beat me to it. It's an easy-to-use, durable hanging system and it rings like a bell. Add to that Jake's great attitude and excellent customer service = win/win.

Reactions: JC Steel
Another vote for Shootsteel here.

Full disclosure, the owner is a member at my range. But that means I've been using his targets and seeing how they take abuse at the range, and they're great.

i have seen great prices at industrial metal supply, if you have one near you. If you sign up for an account they send occasional coupons good for anything including their pre cut targets. 20% off!

Well, as you know JC steel is a good place to go.

I'd like to throw my targets in there. We waterjet cut and have excellent prices and package deals, along with mounting systems. It's argued, but waterjet cut is undeniably more durable on the edges.

I need to organize our steel selection, but here it is:

https://mkmachining.com/product-category/ar500-targets-mounts/

Reactions: JC Steel
Hang Fast are the easiest to hang and the most reactive T Post mount.
Multiple targets can be hung on the same T Post
Many configurations possible.

10% off to SNIPERSHIDE members EVERYDAY STORE WIDE
enter code SNIPERSHIDE10 at checkout.
Hang Fast Targets

Multiple steel targets hung on a single T post 2.jpg

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but its the newest one I found.

Caldwell has a pretty nice discount through expertvoice that comes out to about 50% off and free shipping.

Full size AR500 IPSC 3/8 $88
66% IPSC $50
33% $20
T post or 2/4 Hangers $8

Those are shipped prices but you will have to pay tax
Wow. Caldwell must like losing money. Material and shipping on a full size IPSC is so, so much more than $88.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Yea or they order it by the container ship. I just ordered

2x Full IPSC
2X 66% IPSC
2X 33% IPSC
6X Plate Hangers
MISC target holder and paper

was $410 shipped with tax.
I suppose cutting overseas from "AR500" may help. Would definitely be interested in a true hardness test or mill cert. I know I buy US AR500 by the truckload and you could not offer these prices. Maybe they write off the difference with their MSRP as a donation...lol

I suppose cutting overseas from "AR500" may help. Would definitely be interested in a true hardness test or mill cert. I know I buy US AR500 by the truckload and you could not offer these prices. Maybe they write off the difference with their MSRP as a donation...lol
My buddy has a rockwell scale in his shop. I will go test them when they come in.