• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Best Way to carry lunch during a "field style" match?

I eat a lot and make sure i am all stuffs up before i hit the range...a lot break here and there but i find eating salad and feeling ligh weight pretty helpful.

If you have two weeks to do it switch your body over to a Keto fuel and burn stored fat.

If you are a carb burner you will experience "highs" and "lows" as your body is replenished and than depleted of carbs.

If you burn fat when your body runs out of the fat you stuffed in your suck it will immediately switch over to burning love handles.

If the comp is really strenuous some quick carbs to boost energy may be needed to support the slow burning fat.

Since becoming a fat burner my energy level stays steady throughout the day even when fasting.

Reactions: CBeck and Patty
Might seem like a weird question, but as the title states, I'm looking for some suggestions on the best was to pack food and drinks into a normal PRS loadout. I've attended several matches so far, where we did a lot of hiking from stage to stage, and lunch wasn't provided. My Mystery Ranch Kommodo Dragon is basically full of ammo, match gear, and support bags, along with a few first aid supplies. In the past, I've just brought a small coleman hardshell lunch cooler along with me, but its a real PITA to carry around while hiking with a rifle. Snacks and such is really not a problem, but if I have to introduce a cold pack/ice it makes everything difficult to jam in with my other supplies and not crush the sandwhich's etc.

I have been to some matches where we shoot near the vehicles, which makes everything so much easier, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips or gear suggestions for field style matches (mammoth, competition dynamics steel safari, etc)? Anybody make a molle attachable cooler pack, i could put on the outside of my backpack? Let me know!

Not sure where you're located, but down here there are lots of edible things to kill and eat all year.

Rather than pack a meal, I might opt to just "live off the land" a bit.

This would allow you to carry your gear and lunch in your sack:

R

This has turned into the greatest thread on the Hide! :ROFLMAO: learned lots of helpful tips like; asian wives carry your food the best, MRE's last for atleast 20 years, how to trap my own food, and how to smuggle alcohol onto the course of fire! exactly what I should have expected Lol.