Rifle Scopes Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Re: Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Im not sure if thats the deal they were talkin bout. 1st post says ONLY subscribed users will be able to see this deal. The one with the free 6x showed on a buddy's comp who I know isnt subscribed. Im betting it'll be a link or product code sent through email to all subscribers bout midnight. <-----fingers crossed and credit card ready

Same here I'm ready
smile.gif
and also fingers crossed hehe

Aron-

i was hopeing for a drop in price for the 5x20 as well, dont need the other scope or the extras just the scope but o well

its good deal if you need two scopes with all the trimmings

any how still to high for me for now

Got my email and it looks like the same shrift mentioned in previous posts. I was ready to buy a scope but it looks like full price with extra shit I don't need. Too bad for us. Waste of time. Hope someone needs it.

Big disappointment . Free cheap stuff isn't needed - saving some real money was . I don't think there will be a lot of 6x scopes for sale because I don't think a lot of boys are going to be buying this scope for full price just to get the 'free' stuff . I'll be ordering a Weaver Tactical .

david

Yep I will pass. I will go ahead and order a USO. If they would let you geta 10x or 16x, I would consider it. It is a good package.

Some deal...........?

No savings, but alot of stuff ($610.55) that I have absolutely no use for.

What a let down.

Was all set to pop for the blacked out 5-20...... now not so much.

Seriously disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Radar86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad. I had planned on buying two if the price was right. This isn't what I expected. </div></div>

+1

This was going to be my first "higher" end scope and i was going to get 2. This is a huge bust in my book, vortex pst here i come...

Wait a min. I stayed up 4 hours after a 15 hours shift so you can give me crap I dont need...Bummer. At least my HDMR is still on the way. Ahh well night everyone. Happy Turkey day!

On second thought... The more i think bout it the handier that 6x sounds for a plinker/ deer rifle. Waitin till Mon but probably gonna take advantage of it. Thanks again SWFA!

So what the hell was the purpose of the "Email" thing? That's the same package deal that was posted at 9am this morning.

Well, sorry guys. I know some of you were expecting a $800 SSHD, I have no idea why, but I know some of you were wishing.

On a side note, the purpose (i think) of the SSHD 5-20 was to give them a "Premium" scope to sell, somewhat like Vortex did with the Razor. They just wanted a piece of the pie. They developed/offered a very good optic to offer as their flagship model. However, they already dropped their drawers so to speak with the group buy offering the scope at $1K. This has devalued it substantially in some people's eyes, especially now that it's posted for $1599 on the site. We would all assume they didn't lose money on the group buy pricing, so that gives you an idea of cost to profit, leaving you wondering just how much mark up there is now at the $1599 price point.

Even at $1299, the non illuminated model is not a bad buy for the money. I bet some of you folks that turned your nose up at the illuminated models that were for sale in the classifieds section for $1150-$1250 are kicking yourselves in the ass right now thinking youd get a "sweet" black Friday deal.

This is still a damn good deal. I know right after the first promo, many people were begging for a sun shade, throwlever.

I got in the first promo and have been very happy with the scope. I would prefer this deal more as I would rather not have the illuminated model and ended up buying Seekins rings and butler creek caps for it anyways and will be buying the throwlever.

Maybe not $800, but something less than regular price without the fluff thrown in would have gone over better IMO.

I'm betting there will be blacked out versions without the SS logo still available after Monday.

$999.00 (or less if possible) for the scope would have sold a bunch. Then I'd have spent some more on a rail and the rings that I really want and need, instead of what they think I need.

Would have spent more putting the package together that I wanted - save a little on the scope and buy a Seekins base and some Aadland rings - the total would have been above $1299.

Oh well, another time....... and probably another scope.

just saw this deal on the internet...

NightForce 5.5-22x56 NXS Ill. Reticle Riflescopes - w/ optional ZeroStop, Velocity 1000 Reticle w/ FREE UPS for $1681... how is that dollar for value compared to the swfa offering?

Guess we shouldn't bitch. SWFA put out a Black Friday deal which some will take advantage of....

Just think alot of folks (myself included) were hoping that the 5-20, 3-9, 1-4's would have been on this "deal" without having to go the "package" route. Something along the lines of "I feel I'm saving some money and getting a good deal on the item I want to buy".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what the hell was the purpose of the "Email" thing? That's the same package deal that was posted at 9am this morning.
</div></div>
+1
Bummer on the deal oh well saved me from buying a scope I didn't need...

Damn, sure is a lot of bitching going on. Looks like a pretty good deal to me. I don't really need the scope right now (just bought the illuminated version from a Hider)...could save it for a future build for me or my dad.

I'm tempted to buy the package, throw the 6x on a .22, keep all the goodies, and sell the 5-20.

What a let down. I rushed home from work to check me email for the deal...no email... guess I will go to Best Buy instead.

Pretty disappointed myself. I think 99% of the folks here could give a shit for the 6x. SWFA jacked this up. Make an email "exclusive" actually exclusive and if you guys have a buch of 6x extra make them their own deal and not try to cram them down our throats for those hoping and saving for the 5x20 with a price break as that was what you guys lead us to believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some folks will bitch about anything...
</div></div>

True enough. There's nothing wrong with people saying they're disappointed though, that's feedback for the company.

I wasn't in the market anyway, but my brother was. He's been waiting all week for the announcement. He was disappointed with what they offered, was hoping for something along the lines of the group buy pricing which I didn't hold out hope for, the group buy was stupid-crazy . I think the option to get one that's blacked out is cool if you're gonna buy one anyway, and the extras in the package make the deal worth it if you have a use for them. I told him I'd buy the 6X off him to use on a 22Mag if he went ahead and bought the package and he's still mulling it over. I don't really NEED the 6X, but it'd be a good deal for me as well, and it helps him get into the scope he wants.

If I were in the market I would probably pick up the deal, as you can always sell the extras and recoup SOME money although there is always a risk of the market being with flooded with other 6X's for sale... :This last statement has been brought to you by Captain Obvious:

I was a bit dissapointed as I was hoping for a lower price on the 5-20, but it is still a hell of a deal. I understand why SWFA didnt lower the price of the scope, it just would not have been fair to everyone who bought one after the first promotion.

Good job SWFA, I just wish I had a use for the other things in the deal so I could pick up one on this deal.

I've also been waiting over a week for this and I'm very disappointed. I'm on a tight budget and I thought this might be the chance to get a descent scope but its still the same price and I have no use for the little scope they are giving away. I could try selling it but I doubt it would bring much at all, not much of market that's why they are giving them away. Sucks looks like I will have to settle for something else. Swfa really did screw up on this in my opinion.

The deal is what it is folks. We may not like what they threw out there, but there it is to take or leave.

What really sucks IMO is the silly assed sign up for an exclusive e-mail B.S. Hell, the contents of the e-mail were posted on SWFA's web site many hours before the "midnight maddness" e-mail went out. Played us for chumps is more like it - wasted peoples time, pissed some off....... not sure how that makes for a good business model/decision. Sign up for an exclusive e-mail that when you get it will really just be old news - would have been nice to include that in the OP!

Shame on me for getting my hopes up and signing up for SWFA e-mails. Perfect example of a boner move that will generate more sales for Liberty Optics.

Look on the bright side, at least at full price you can get a SS scope without the "chicken logo" + a bunch of other stuff.

Ya I was really excited and checking my e-mail about every hour waiting for it. Then someone on here pointed out the big "deal" has been on their website most of the day. What the hell?

The problem is, no matter how you slice it, it STILL cost $1,300 and I don't have it. I for one wished they would have just knocked $400 or $500 off it. Oh well, I'm done complaining, just a big let down....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr Sandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya I was really excited and checking my e-mail about every hour waiting for it. Then someone on here pointed out the big "deal" has been on their website most of the day. What the hell?

The problem is, no matter how you slice it, it STILL cost $1,300 and I don't have it. <span style="font-weight: bold">I for one wished they would have just knocked $400 or $500 off it</span>. Oh well, I'm done complaining, just a big let down.... </div></div>

My Grandfather used to say, "Shit in one hand, wish in the other, and tell me which one fills up first."

1300.00, keep the shade -30.00, keep the switchview -60.00, keep the rings -120.00, keep the covers -16.00, sell the 6x42 here -150.00, sell the MD master -20.00, for a total of 904.00. Pretty good deal if you look at it that way. And you may get more for the 6x scope, 150.00 is probably cheap enough to sell it very quickly. And if you don't need/want the rings, switchview, or shade, thats another 200.00 in potential sales to drop the price even further.

I'll be the first to say thanks to SWFA. At least they offered SOMETHING, who else has? The black Friday deals this year at retail stores don't come close to that of years past. It's the same everywhere, I don't think SWFA should be singled out because they at least tried and what they came up with wasnt what people were hoping for. In any case, if someone was on the border considering buying one of these, this should be enough to make them buy.

I agree they shouldn't have posted the deal on the website before sending am exclusive email, but it's not like they've been spamming people that signed up for their newletter either. In fact the only emails I got were related to this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My Grandfather used to say, "Shit in one hand, wish in the other, and tell me which one fills up first."
</div></div>

Well, then I have a hand full of shit for sure in this case!