• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Boooooooooooooo Remington!

eleaf

Sergeant
Minuteman
So after a coyote hunt last week where I lugged my absolutely wonderful yet wholly woods-inappropriate Cooper Phoenix in Tac 20 (26" Varmint barrel) through the hills of Land Between the Lakes, KY, I QUICKLY decided that I needed not only a coyote appropriate caliber (the Tac 20 fills that niche very nicely), but a coyote appropriate rifle. My Cooper, wonderful as it is, is just too damn big and heavy for lugging through the woods.

I had originally thought about getting an upper chambered in Tac 20 (since I already have all of the reloading gear), but after discovering that getting one would be both difficult and very expensive, I decided to get a factory rifle.

Minute of coyote at close range (here in the east, shots further than 60 or 75 yards are few and far between) is my goal, and any factory rifle should be able to give me that without issue.

But I didn't want another bolt action. I have plenty of those, and I wanted something to dispatch multiple targets in short order, so that meant a semi-auto. I also didn't want 223 as I have one of those, and though it would work as a coyote gun, it too is pretty heavy with the tactical handguards and grip-pod and whatnot.

So I went on the search. I scoured various AR manufacturers and just didn't find anything I liked all that much. Most everything was too heavy, or had a long barrel and I was bummed.

Then I remembered that Remington makes an AR hunting rifle. As a bonus, I wouldn't even have to paint it myself as it's already all camoed out. So I looked at them and not only do they make a hunting AR, but a varmint-specific version of it (R-15 VTR). It more than exceeds my weight requirements partially due to its all aluminum upper and lower as well as it's pencil thin, fluted barrel (6.25 pounds), barrel length (18"), and caliber (204 Ruger). I read around and there wasn't very much negative print about it on the internet, and the price is certainly reasonable. This was it. This was the one.

So I again started to scour the internet for a good deal. Luck has it that the famous Buds Gun Shop (of budsgunshop.com fame) is local for me, and they also had it at the best price I could find (short of buying used). So I pulled the proverbial trigger and ordered it.

Unfortunately, for some reason it takes them 3-4 days to get something from their warehouse to the store. When they had it they would let me know.

Today I get the call.

So I'm excited as most of us are when a new gun is getting ready to be in the household fold. I get in the car to trudge through the snow to Buds.

I get there and the guy brings out a brand new box. Completely sealed from the factory. I'm stoked.

Then he pulls out the hard case from the box opens it up and hands it to me. I scour the surface to make sure that there aren't any horrible scratches or dings and a basic functionality check.

The bolt stop works. Check.
The mag release works. Check.
etc etc

Everything seems to function correctly.

Then as I'm about to pass it back I decide to check the barrel markings.

223 Remington.

"This ain't the right one", I tell him. "What?" says he. This is a 223 and I ordered a 204 Ruger.

He looks at the box. It is clearly marked 204 Ruger with an 18" barrel, yet inside it has a 223 Remington.

Fuck.

Now I have to wait until next week to get a newly ordered one.

Remington. Get your shit together. If you have a box that says 204 Ruger, make sure you put a 204 Ruger inside of it.

Re: Boooooooooooooo Remington!

Ok so there was human error. Not the end of the world here. Don't get me wrong it would have been nice for them to get it right but besides time.. what are you actually out of on this? I'm not trying to be a dick here but besides a mistake for what was sent.. Whats the point to this thread?

I really don't understand what has happened to Remington. I picked up a box of Remington 30-06 ammo the other day and after opening the box one of the primers was damaged revealing the flash hole. There was half the powder from the round in the box as it fell out. I'm not buying Remington for a long time.

Shoulda called Scottmilk9. He specializes in AR's for predator hunters and precision shooters...and he's big asset to the rprecision rifle community.

Remington's addition to the field is too little, too late.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok so there was human error. Not the end of the world here. Don't get me wrong it would have been nice for them to get it right but besides time.. what are you actually out of on this? I'm not trying to be a dick here but besides a mistake for what was sent.. Whats the point to this thread? </div></div>

Because, unfortunately, Remington's QC has been on a huge downward spiral for quite a while now. This is just another example of how bad things can get when you take your eye off the ball. If you take a good look around here (as well as any other firearms forums that you may visit) and have a gander at threads like these about Remington in the last year or so, you will realize that the repeated, systemic quality problems are NOT merely isolated instances of "human error."

I don't think this is a big deal, in fact I think your being a baby. So you lost a week, big deal. The gun will last the rest of your life who cares if it takes a little longer to get there.

It's also hardly a sign of bad QC, a little accident, no big deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SSDD!! Remington QC is just SHITE these days!

Sorry for all your troubles. I hope everything gets squared away for you on this one.</div></div>

What he said. Seems to be the new norm with them.

I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoulda called Scottmilk9. He specializes in AR's for predator hunters and precision shooters...and he's big asset to the rprecision rifle community.

Remington's addition to the field is too little, too late. </div></div>

I did, and he didn't seem much interested in anything other than recommending me to get a 223, which I didn't want.

I'm sure he builds great rifles and stands behind his products, but he didn't have what I was looking for, and didn't seem too interested in building one.

I told him what I was looking for, he made a different recommendation, and I left it at that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a used one in the classifieds here a few days ago. 204, 18", factory camo, LNIB. I think he wanted $850 </div></div>

I saw that. But I had already purchased one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gregsjt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think this is a big deal, in fact I think your being a baby. So you lost a week, big deal. The gun will last the rest of your life who cares if it takes a little longer to get there.

It's also hardly a sign of bad QC, a little accident, no big deal. </div></div>

You're right.

It's definitely not a big deal that someone could have brought home a firearm they didn't want because of a manufacturer error in mislabeling the box.

It's definitely okay to mislabel firearms straight from the factory. I can't see a problem there at all.

Had I brought the rifle home assuming that Remington could at least label its own products correctly, I would be fucked. I couldn't get a refund after walking out with it, nor could I have gotten the full value for it as a trade-in.

Think before you write.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end. </div></div>

Have you ever tried to return/exchange a gun you purchased? It isn't going to happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end. </div></div>

Mislabeling a firearm is NEVER okay, I don't care how much product you push.

Cerebus strikes again. I personally wouldn't buy one of these just because DPMS is now invloved in the warranty/service chain, and that is a road straight to hell. Remmy has been on a slide for several years IMHO. After several disappointing purchases (mostly shotguns), I will not be buying from them again (though I might make an exception for a 5r... maybe).

Good luck brother, hope the replacement is speedy and well made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cerebus strikes again. I personally wouldn't buy one of these just because DPMS is now invloved in the warranty/service chain, and that is a road straight to hell. Remmy has been on a slide for several years IMHO. After several disappointing purchases (mostly shotguns), I will not be buying from them again (though I might make an exception for a 5r... maybe).

Good luck brother, hope the replacement is speedy and well made. </div></div>

The replacement has already been ordered. Buds will make it right.

Buds is good people. I don't always use them, but when I have I have NEVER been disappointed.

I've never had any inherent problems with either DPMS or Remington.

I own a DPMS Sweet 16 (that is currently SPF) and several Remington 700s (none of which have been worked on), and they all shoot great. Finish is great and I've always gotten what I felt I paid for.

It is a shame, however, that they would allow a mislabeled rifled to leave the factory and make it to a customer hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I did, and he didn't seem much interested in anything other than recommending me to get a 223, which I didn't want.
I'm sure he builds great rifles and stands behind his products, but he didn't have what I was looking for, and didn't seem too interested in building one.
I told him what I was looking for, he made a different recommendation, and I left it at that. </div></div>

Fair enough. I think after the big PredatorMasters hunt/convention this week he's going to be broadening his caliber selection, but I can't/won't speak for him on that.
I just know I've really dug everything he's done for me.

<span style="color: #FF0000">
eleaf Mislabeling a firearm is NEVER okay said:
</span>

I'm with you in that Rem should get it right everytime; however, I beleive there is a significant difference in what you call "mislabeling a firearm" and what I consider placing a properly marked firearm in a mislabled box.

I bought a Rem 700, and I LOVE it...was/is a tackdriver right out of box with basically whatever I put down it's gullet.
I bought it @ 10 months ago, and no problems. A few of my friends have remington, and no problems there either.

My next rifle will be a Rem, and my next shotgun will more than likely be a Rem.

In my daily life I run across a certain percentage of folks that seem totally incompetent.
This percentage seems to be rising.
How they even get jobs, let alone get promoted boggles my mind.
This country houses a lot of dumb-asses, and their numbers are rising.
I fear that not even capitalism will fix this one.

It is everyone's patriotic duty to let the once mighty dollar reward excellence over incompetence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">
Fair enough.

The firearm is labeled correctly. And yes the only problem is that it was put in a box marked as something different. Even still, this is something that HAS to be right. It's a horribly disgruntled customer waiting to happen. If that gun were to have made it out the door under the assumption it was a 204 and not a 223, the buyer would have been screwed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peepaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a Rem 700, and I LOVE it...was/is a tackdriver right out of box with basically whatever I put down it's gullet.
I bought it @ 10 months ago, and no problems. A few of my friends have remington, and no problems there either.

My next rifle will be a Rem, and my next shotgun will more than likely be a Rem. </div></div>

I own several Remingtons. 3 rifles, 2 shotguns, and an upcoming R-15. I don't have a problem with their products at all. I would absolutely recommend them.

I also want them to make sure they get things like placing the correct rifle in the correct box correct. If they can't even get that right, it makes one wonder what else passes through their QC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gregsjt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think this is a big deal, in fact I think your being a baby. So you lost a week, big deal. The gun will last the rest of your life who cares if it takes a little longer to get there.

It's also hardly a sign of bad QC, a little accident, no big deal. </div></div>

Till someone puts a 204 Ruger Round in it at gets blowed up . . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoulda called Scottmilk9. He specializes in AR's for predator hunters and precision shooters...and he's big asset to the rprecision rifle community.

+1 Scott builds awesome stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really don't understand what has happened to Remington. I picked up a box of Remington 30-06 ammo the other day and after opening the box one of the primers was damaged revealing the flash hole. There was half the powder from the round in the box as it fell out. I'm not buying Remington for a long time. </div></div>

My brother bought a box of premium Remington 6.8SPC ammo (~$25). One of the primers was put in sideways, crushed. Fortunately, they sent him another box of ammo no charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end. </div></div>

Mislabeling a firearm is NEVER okay, I don't care how much product you push. </div></div>

True but that wasn't the case with your rifle. It was the wrong rifle put into the right box. You did your due diligence and checked the rifle before you left. So why whine about it? You didn't have to do an exchange.. you didn't have to do anything but wait another week. If you had just assumed it was ok then that would be different and be dumb on your part for not looking. In the end the only cost here was 7 days. Disappointing yes but I'm not sure where I see the right to badmouth a company for making a harmless mistake. Besides no one is going to go putting a 204 round in the wrong rifle if they look at the rifle. On top of it the gun shop should have inspected it too and saw the mistake. Mine checks everythying that comes in.. even stuff I have had sent to them directly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end. </div></div>

Mislabeling a firearm is NEVER okay, I don't care how much product you push. </div></div>

True but that wasn't the case with your rifle. It was the wrong rifle put into the right box. You did your due diligence and checked the rifle before you left. So why whine about it? You didn't have to do an exchange.. you didn't have to do anything but wait another week. If you had just assumed it was ok then that would be different and be dumb on your part for not looking. In the end the only cost here was 7 days. Disappointing yes but I'm not sure where I see the right to badmouth a company for making a harmless mistake. Besides no one is going to go putting a 204 round in the wrong rifle if they look at the rifle. On top of it the gun shop should have inspected it too and saw the mistake. Mine checks everythying that comes in.. even stuff I have had sent to them directly.
</div></div>

You sure make it sound like it's no big deal. What if it was the other way around and whomever was buying it took the word of the package, and what he ordered, and put a .223 case in the .204 chamber then what? It'd be nice if Remington paid for a new face for him, I'm thinking.

I don't know if you ever seen the Remington factory or any other manufacturing facility for that matter. There is a process and checks in place to prevent such mistakes. Remington builds one caliber on a line in each model at a time. They build a run of .204's, then .223's (a lot of them) then a bunch of 6.8's. The boxes the guns go in are stored separately in the same facility after they've gotten their labeling. X-number of rifles and the same number of boxes. With a couple spares in case one or a few get smashed while being moved within the facility.
The whole point I'm making is there is a process in place to prevent this. If this happened, it's a lot bigger than you the customer may think. I will say I'm less than pleased because Cerberus' modus operendi is to simply cut all the corners they can and peel the 'extra' money out of the company. All the things people think take care of themselves, don't anymore.
Again, everyone defending Remington is exactly why Remington gets away with this kind of service.

And, FWIW, it may not be just a week waiting for the new rifle. Unless that is you personally spoke with a distributor and they said they checked and they had one. I've gone down that road for up to six months a couple times. I hope you get the rifle you want eleaf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end. </div></div>

</div></div>
when you are spending that much money on a product you shouldnt have to worry about any of that shit...remington is going to hell as a company, and has been for years....there is no excuse, or apparent accountability by remington on this...stop kissing their ass..

bench

My friend worked at a handgun company and has fired over 1 million documented rounds while test-firing pistols. He has seen upside down primers in every brand of ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end. </div></div>

</div></div>

You sure make it sound like it's no big deal. What if it was the other way around and whomever was buying it took the word of the package, and what he ordered, and put a .223 case in the .204 chamber then what? It'd be nice if Remington paid for a new face for him, I'm thinking.

I don't know if you ever seen the Remington factory or any other manufacturing facility for that matter. There is a process and checks in place to prevent such mistakes. Remington builds one caliber on a line in each model at a time. They build a run of .204's, then .223's (a lot of them) then a bunch of 6.8's. The boxes the guns go in are stored separately in the same facility after they've gotten their labeling. X-number of rifles and the same number of boxes. With a couple spares in case one or a few get smashed while being moved within the facility.
The whole point I'm making is there is a process in place to prevent this. If this happened, it's a lot bigger than you the customer may think. I will say I'm less than pleased because Cerberus' modus operendi is to simply cut all the corners they can and peel the 'extra' money out of the company. All the things people think take care of themselves, don't anymore.
Again, everyone defending Remington is exactly why Remington gets away with this kind of service.

And, FWIW, it may not be just a week waiting for the new rifle. Unless that is you personally spoke with a distributor and they said they checked and they had one. I've gone down that road for up to six months a couple times. I hope you get the rifle you want eleaf. </div></div>
A 223 will not fit in a 204 chamber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 223 will not fit in a 204 chamber.</div></div>

COPY THAT!

.223 Rem case shoulder = 46 deg.
Base to shoulder/neck junction = 1.5571"

.204 Ruger case shoulder = 60 deg.
Base to shoulder/neck junction = 1.6500"

</div></div>

I bet if YOU went to pick up that rifle we would be hearing about it. Remington screwed up and it could have went a few different ways. The OP has every right to be upset with them.

I'm a Remington fan. Have two 7mm Remy Mags in the safe now and I always look in their 700 line up first when looking for a new stick. However, my last Remy purchase was similar to the OP's complaint. I too bought mine through Bud's Gun Shop. But since I'm not down the street I had to endure the shipping delays (and who knows why it takes them 7 days to ship). When the rifle arrive it was also factory sealed, never been opened, brand spanking new. The dealer was opening the box as I was filling out the paperwork and flat out said stop! This one is damaged. Sure enough, the stock had a nasty spot on it that was not repairable. The amazing part is that this was so clear, so easy to spot, and even on the side facing you as you open the box. In short - the rifle should NEVER have made it out of QC.

Is it a BIG deal. No, not really. Rifle was shipped back, Bud's replaced it, and all I lost was time (about 6 weeks start to finsih). The rifle "should" have arrived in time for me to use it during the final month of deer season, but didn't arrive until after the first of the year. So yes - I'm kinda ticked at Remington. Their QC is not what it was - nor is it what it needs to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5x61 Super</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 223 will not fit in a 204 chamber.</div></div>

COPY THAT!

.223 Rem case shoulder = 46 deg.
Base to shoulder/neck junction = 1.5571"

.204 Ruger case shoulder = 60 deg.
Base to shoulder/neck junction = 1.6500" </div></div>

I think he bought it as a 204. I could see someone walking out of the store with a box of 204 ammo and their new 204 ar. I don't know if 204 will chamber in a 223, but I can see how this mistake could have gone bad. Good catch elief, but it's really not the end of the world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">
Did the SN match the gun and box?

I deal with this everyday with EVERY manufacturer and if you think it is only Remington, you would be mistaken. As a store, Buds, has the responsibility to enter it in their bound books with sn, caliber and gun when they receive it. It not only looks like remington made a mistake, but also Buds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoulda called Scottmilk9. He specializes in AR's for predator hunters and precision shooters...and he's big asset to the rprecision rifle community.

I told him what I was looking for, he made a different recommendation, and I left it at that. </div></div>

Sometimes suggestions are made because potential owners don't know what's best for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoulda called Scottmilk9. He specializes in AR's for predator hunters and precision shooters...and he's big asset to the rprecision rifle community.

Sometimes suggestions are made because potential owners don't know what's best for them.</div></div>

Trebek,

eleaf isn't knocking Scottmilk9. He's just saying he didn't want to go the .223 route because he already has one. He wanted a .20 caliber that can be 'mass production' fed. The .204 Ruger fits that bill. Remington makes that in their R-15 rifle. They made a mistake, Buds, followed that up with the same mistake. I've dealt with them and I think they are great. I had my firearm to me in two less days before I expected it. And, shipping was FAIR! He now has to wait for the rifle he ordered and was told it will be one week. He has a fair complaint.

It would be good if he made a point to state the final settlement on this deal, but we aren't there yet are we?

I've had bad ammo from all the big makers in both pistol and rifle. I've only had a bad rifle from one custom maker. He made it right. Remington, like any other vendor deserves the chance to make this right. I've been disappointed in Remington from about 2000 on. Higher prices and rifle's not optimized for what's out there for ammunition and reloading. QC hasn't been up to the rest of the industry for years. It used to be a Remington was the 'go-to' name for an accurate rifle. Not anymore. Savage beats them handily. Winchester has stepped up and offered some better models with twists that compliment what's out there now instead of what used to be. Even Howa and Vanguard have really stepped up to the plate.
I do think Remington sees this and they are making an effort to get back ahead of the market they once ruled without question.
In the meantime they have made a mistake they seem a lot more prone to do since the late nineties.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end. </div></div>

</div></div>
when you are spending that much money on a product you shouldnt have to worry about any of that shit...remington is going to hell as a company, and has been for years....there is no excuse, or apparent accountability by remington on this...stop kissing their ass..

bench

</div></div>

I am by no means kissing anyone's ass here. Should there be accountability? Of course. Have things change since Cerberus took over? Apparently so. But the issue I have is why would someone come on here and start going off about what happened instead of just getting it corrected. Now if it took months to fix, then I would see a reason to bitch. but if what was originally said is true and that it would only take another week then I would say to deal with the inconvenience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that in comparison to the amount of product that they probably push out, this is more than likely a very low percentage. I don't know exact numbers or anything but for the sake of argument lets say that their errors are roughly 1%. All that means is that there are a few people here that were a part of that percentage. Yes it sucks and yes it is inconvenient, but it is hardly something so catastrophic that its going to cause the world to end. </div></div>

</div></div>

I bet if YOU went to pick up that rifle we would be hearing about it. Remington screwed up and it could have went a few different ways. The OP has every right to be upset with them. </div></div>

Actually KYS.. you would not hear about it. Why would I run to an open forum and talk about my personal issues with a company? I'm a big boy and can take care of those problems without coming on here to get emotional suppoer. I came onto the hide to learn from other members as I am sure that many people have on here, not to listen to people run down companies for their mistakes.

As was stated by another member on here, there are other companies that have the same problem and it is the responsibility of the gun shop to have their books right and to get the right stuff to the customer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Actually KYS.. you would not hear about it. Why would I run to an open forum and talk about my personal issues with a company? I'm a big boy and can take care of those problems without coming on here to get emotional suppoer. I came onto the hide to learn from other members as I am sure that many people have on here, not to listen to people run down companies for their mistakes.

As was stated by another member on here, there are other companies that have the same problem and it is the responsibility of the gun shop to have their books right and to get the right stuff to the customer.

</div></div>

You won't come on and complain about what is admitedly no more than an inconvenience, but you'll complain about the complainers.

Way to be consistent.

If I had to order a rifle and the manufacturer sent the wrong rifle in the correct box I'd be a bit miffed. I mean seriously, if they can't get the box right what else are they getting wrong?

I'm glad this was posted since it's going to make me double check every detail from now on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had to order a rifle and the manufacturer sent the wrong rifle in the correct box I'd be a bit miffed. I mean seriously, if they can't get the box right what else are they getting wrong?

I'm glad this was posted since it's going to make me double check every detail from now on. </div></div>

You already check every damn detail NoExpert!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had to order a rifle and the manufacturer sent the wrong rifle in the correct box I'd be a bit miffed. I mean seriously, if they can't get the box right what else are they getting wrong?

I'm glad this was posted since it's going to make me double check every detail from now on. </div></div>

You already check every damn detail NoExpert!
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yeah I know, but now I'll check the details of the details... Sure it's stamped ".308" but is that a Sans Serif or Times New Roman font? Is the "8" being lazy and falling below the stamp line? I think I need to get an eye loop...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

You won't come on and complain about what is admitedly no more than an inconvenience, but you'll complain about the complainers.

Way to be consistent. </div></div>

As I said and AZPRC said also, your shop should have checked it before you even got there. I am complaining because of two reasons. The first is that your shop didn't do its job and verify everything first. My second reason is this is a wasted thread and I honestly did not think people would get this bent out of shape over it all. Lastly if you hadn't noticed, I did make a note directly to you Eleaf.. I hope you get what you are after and soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigWill214</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Way to be consistent. </div></div>

As I said and AZPRC said also, your shop should have checked it before you even got there. I am complaining because of two reasons. The first is that your shop didn't do its job and verify everything first. My second reason is this is a wasted thread and I honestly did not think people would get this bent out of shape over it all. Lastly if you hadn't noticed, I did make a note directly to you Eleaf.. I hope you get what you are after and soon. </div></div>

The shop pulled out a brand new box still sealed from Remington. It's not like they had it sitting out and just screwed the pooch, or that it had been sitting around in their shop. It arrived in their shop that day. I agree that they should have caught it BEFORE handing me the rifle to check over. They should have caught that. But a reasonable person wouldn't think that Remington would put the wrong rifle in the box. I can't really blame the shop for that.

I'm not REALLY bent out of shape (as in mad). It takes a lot more than what amounts to a clerical mishap to get me going. The closest thing for me in terms of "being mad" is that as I live out in the country a bit, driving in to town to the gun shop isn't exactly close, and the snowstorm that was happening during my drive made it a never-ending drive that was all for naught.

But I am disappointed. I was hoping to go calling this past weekend with my new rifle. I'm disappointed that Remington could allow something so stupid to happen.

Some have noted that if Remington overlooks something as simple as getting the right gun in the right box, it makes one wonder what else they can overlook. That's a valid concern.

I had the same thing happen to me three weeks ago. I paid for a Rem 700 in .308 and when it got delivered, and we opened the factory sealed box, the bbl was .223, but every other piece of documentation said .308, except the barrel. I called Remington and explained the problem and they seemed unconcerned. It is a matter of poor QC, as well as legalities, and liabilities. The wrong barrel was installed on a reciever that was assigned a different caliber and serial number. The gun store I made my purchase at, took it seriously enough that they now have a procedure to ensure that all firearms are checked and signed off at their warehouse, as to caliber, and not just serial numbers upon reciept from the various manufacturer's

Regards,

Rick

Greg, For you to resort to name calling the original poster demeans you not him.