• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Bulletseeker Mach 4 doppler chrono

But one fundamental problem kept bugging me: From LabRadar to the Garmin and upcoming radar Caldwell chronographs & others, all of these have very EASILY breakable parts, most related to LCD displays (Ever damage a computer or other LCD display? Just dropping it a few inches & certainly from table-height can do it.) but also to potentially sensitive electronics, all within mere inches of blasts originating from chamber pressures exceeding 50,000 POUNDS (that's 25 TONS) per square inch.
This is a bit of a red herring to me. I had a Labradar and even with a brake on the barrel it never moved from the "blast". It certainly had other issues and LabRadar's commitment to upgrading and supporting this product was pretty much non-existent.

I now have a Garmin...small and light unit. It too has not moved or been impacted by muzzle blast.

Just my experience. Buy and use what you like. Me...I'm very happy with the Garmin. Gave the LabRadar to my cousin....I feel a bit guilty as I actually really like this cousin! haha

This is a bit of a red herring to me. I had a Labradar and even with a brake on the barrel it never moved from the "blast". It certainly had other issues and LabRadar's commitment to upgrading and supporting this product was pretty much non-existent.

Exactly

I now have a Garmin...small and light unit. It too has not moved or been impacted by muzzle blast.

Nor would I ever expect it to be. I mount mine to my Arca rail regardless.

Gave the LabRadar to my cousin...

I'm holding on to mine to potentially use for:

- A sail for remote controlled sailboats.
- A dip tray for the 4th of July - there's lots of room if you remove the battery compartment cover.
- A tennis racket head - you can fashion a handle to go into the tripod attach point

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23