Burris P.E.P.R. Mount, any good?

Gasitman

Out of work pan handler
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
Washington
I picked one up to mount my vortex pst on my LWRC A3, but it looks kinda cheap. I will assume for my purposes it will hold up just fine. And I will wait until someone throws up a nice Larue for sale. Are these good for what they are?

Re: Burris P.E.P.R. Mount, any good?

I have one on my POF P308 with a Burris XTR 3-12X50 and it is solid. No complaints. Durable, beefy construction, and handles lots of recoil with aplumb. Weighty, but so is th P308.

thinking of getting one of these for a new ar build, looks fairly beefy, hows the cheek weld , will an a2 stock work or do I need an adjustable cheek rest?

It seems fine to me, here is a pic, and I can clearly see through the scope without any issues.
DSC00285.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gasitman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems fine to me, here is a pic, and I can clearly see through the scope without any issues.
DSC00285.jpg
</div></div>

that is a snazzy lookin rifle, love the green reciever and black furniture, is tht ceracoat of annodized green?

GREAT MOUNT! I had 2 of them until I sold my AR's. My brother has one now and they work just as good as the high dollar competitors. Just be careful not to over torque the nuts. I think they only call for 65in/lbs. That's finger tight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gasitman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I paid $55 for the mount from Liberty optics. And yes, it is a factory cerakote from LWRC. </div></div>

I noticed you had backup sights, ever think about getting a quick release mount in case you have to use the irons?

I did not want to spend the extra $20 on that. I don't see that I will ever need back up sights for my purposes. Not going to the desert any time soon.

I love my pepr I got it because I couldnt afford the larue at the time and planned on switching it when I got the money but why fix what aint broken. I think its worth the money for sure. Id post pictures but Im kinda retarded

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nessal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">65in/lbs. That's finger tight. </div></div>

Ummmm . . . . you must have incredibly strong fingers. When you were a kid and you pinched people, did they fall over unconscious?

i just bought a burris mtac and was going to use their mount but went with american defense because my supplier was out of the burris QDs.

k9g

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just bought a burris mtac and was going to use their mount but went with american defense because my supplier was out of the burris QDs.

k9g </div></div>

ADM Mounts are very nice. They are very reasonably priced as well compared to the LaRue mounts.

Not a fan of the Burris at all. It felt cheap and flimsy in my hand, like a Chinese knockoff Fleshlight...

I have two mounts for my Zombie Killer. LaRue SPR/M4 and AD Recon-X .

My opinion?
Both are GREAT mounts, and you'll certainly not go wrong with either, but the LaRue is a superior product. It's beefier and just seems more solidly put together.

LaRue SPR/M4
imag0149n.jpg

American Defense Recon-X
imag0014gv.jpg

I am currently running the Recon-X because the LaRue doesn't allow me to mount the scope forward enough to get the BUIS mounted.

That is by <span style="text-decoration: underline">NO</span> means a knock on LaRue. I'd rather have a LaRue, actually. Mark's SPR-E would do the same as the Recon-X, but I picked up the SPR/M4 in a deal.

The LaRue may find a home on my 9mm AR, or just sit in my safe until I can think of something to do with...
(There's a little tan Duracoat residue left on it here and there, but other than that, it's mint and worth at least $125
wink.gif
)

Jack

I have one for my Stag Arms AR with a Leupold Mark AR scope attached to it. No complaints yet. Its been mounted since March and have taken it prarie dog hunting in SD and have taken it on and off the top rail several times to put on my cheap Barksa red dot and it holds good still.

No complaints with mine but then again, most of my shooting is done off a bench with the occasional steel plate match thrown in so I'm not subjecting the mount to much abuse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a fan of the Burris at all. It felt cheap and flimsy in my hand, like a Chinese knockoff Fleshlight...

I have two mounts for my Zombie Killer. LaRue SPR/M4 and AD Recon-X .

My opinion?
Both are GREAT mounts, and you'll certainly not go wrong with either, but the LaRue is a superior product. It's beefier and just seems more solidly put together.

LaRue SPR/M4
imag0149n.jpg

American Defense Recon-X
imag0014gv.jpg

I am currently running the Recon-X because the LaRue doesn't allow me to mount the scope forward enough to get the BUIS mounted.

That is by <span style="text-decoration: underline">NO</span> means a knock on LaRue. I'd rather have a LaRue, actually. Mark's SPR-E would do the same as the Recon-X, but I picked up the SPR/M4 in a deal.

The LaRue may find a home on my 9mm AR, or just sit in my safe until I can think of something to do with...
(There's a little tan Duracoat residue left on it here and there, but other than that, it's mint and worth at least $125
wink.gif
)

Jack

</div></div>
I like how you had to make sure not to say anything bad about larue because of his possy that will come for blood if you did.
Truth is there are better mounts at cheaper prices that don't mare your rail. GDI, ADM, Bobro are all better mounts than outsy's word for them Lapoop mount. I have tested them all and had issues with Larue and no issues with the others. Plus the others are lighter and the ADM fits what I need in a competition mount more so than anything lapoop has to offer. I have used the burris XTR mount and its not bad but not as good as the other four (including Larue) Larue is built well but not good enough to be a game changer by any means. I get everything I need without my rails being mared and dug into with the other brands at a cheaper price. But again you can always tell who has had a LArue mount on their ARs due to the Larue mark.

We just finished shooting two AR's out to a couple hundred (450) for the second week.
One of my bud's weapons has the Burris PEPR mount on it with a really nice Leupold MK AR scope.
It didn't appear to hold the 100 yd zero from the prior week which was suspect at best and I mean 1-3 minutes of angle at 100 with several types of ammo.
Again, the scope is really nice so we took the scope off the V-Tac and installed it in a set of rings.
Dead nuts out to 450........
You decide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my bud's weapons has the Burris PEPR mount on it with a <span style="color: #FF0000">really nice Leupold MK AR scope</span>.
</div></div>
Sorry but I don't think those words were ever meant to be together
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my bud's weapons has the Burris PEPR mount on it with a <span style="color: #FF0000">really nice Leupold MK AR scope</span>.
</div></div>
smile.gif
</div></div>

When you look at it and say "dude that's really a nice scope" is what I was thinking.

F'n awesome sound better?????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my bud's weapons has the Burris PEPR mount on it with a <span style="color: #FF0000">really nice Leupold MK AR scope</span>.
</div></div>
smile.gif
</div></div>

When you look at it and say "dude that's really a nice scope" is what I was thinking.

F'n awesome sound better????? </div></div>
No leupold and good scope are to forces at odds.