Burris Warranty - my experience

water_au

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2018
so i just had to reach out to use my warranty on an xtr 2, havnt had a problem with it but one of the turret locking screws stripped, not the internal thread the hex portion, now i called berretta australia and they dont stock that and their option was to send it in, currently on the match gun and shooting under .5 MoA with factory ammo so dont really want to take it out of the rings and off the rifle since the other works fine but i reached out to burris in the USA and with the details i provided they turned around straight away and said yep were sending you some ASAP.

i heard good things and i chose burris for the warranty and it was great for my budget at the time aswell and im impressed and pleased that what i had heard and read was indeed correct, thanks burris!

Jo.

tl;dr just wanted to share im quite impressed with burris, their customer service and support and fast turn around, frick yeah.

Last edited:
i called berretta australia and they dont stock that and their option was to send it in,
That makes zero sense! They wanted you to send the entire scope back for one stripped screw that they don't even have to replace it with anyway.

So, what was sending it in going to solve? Your scope just sitting there waiting for a screw they don't have?

Glad Burris USA took care of you, but you probably could have found a compatible set screw at a hardware store or just ordered the screw from somewhere.

That makes zero sense! They wanted you to send the entire scope back for one stripped screw that they don't even have to replace it with anyway.

So, what was sending it in going to solve? Your scope just sitting there waiting for a screw they don't have?

Glad Burris USA took care of you, but you probably could have found a compatible set screw at a hardware store or just ordered the screw from somewhere.
yeah i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to find that screw in a bolt shop or hardware store that was going to be the next stop, i agree but if we dont have a local service department i guess all they can do is get it in and send it to the usa for a service?

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Nice to see a good resolution, especially for overseas folks cause sometimes warranty/service often sounds like a real hassle. I've been going back and forth with Burris on an XTR III recently. The first time it was sent in they didn't fix everything, so it's headed back a second time now. I will say they were polite and provided return shipping labels and the turn around time was fast, but it does suck sending an optic in for repair only to get it back and have to send it right back in again.

Mind had a very mush/soft windage clicks (which they fixed, night and day difference now). However it also has really bad lash/slop in the elevation knob (1/2 a click either way) and that they did not fix at all, or mention in the repair notes etc. I'm guessing it just got overlooked.