• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Excursion tactical spotting scope

Re: Bushnell Excursion tactical spotting scope

1.) Do an advanced search. Many threads including full reviews
2.) Only one w/ a reticle in that price-range
3.) ED glass is well regarded
4.) Quality control issues w/ initial run. Supposedly fixed.
5.) HEAVILY back-ordered
6.) Those who have good ones, seem to really like it

I have been very happy with mine, its the non-tactical model. The optics are great for the money and the eye relief is just right for those of us that use eye wear. The only down side I have found is close range focus. I cant watch ants crawl around on the tree in the front yard unless I move back to about 15-20 yards...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boosted3s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any experience with the Bushnell Excursion tactical spotting scope FFP mil dot. I am looking for a spotting scope in that price range? </div></div>

Just got the Bushnell Excursions in-stock. I'll be doing a review on them in the next week or two.

4794103126_5b3b0c5989.jpg

4787683388_977a263385.jpg

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

There was an extensive thread on this scope shortly after it was released for sale that included reviews and comments from several people including Frank. I believe the concensus was that it was a good unit for the price, promising out of the box, but developed medium term problems.

Some have reported that the problem(s) have been addressed. Mike, it will great to hear your assessment of the improved spotter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Just got the Bushnell Excursions in-stock. I'll be doing a review on them in the next week or two.

Thanks,

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Mike -

Are the ones you just got the "new" "fixed" ones?

Can you peek through one real quick and give us a first impression weigh in VS a Leupold Mk4, optics wise? Thanks!

Well worth the price, have been using one all spring-summer now.

Another $1000 you can upgrade to the Leupold MLR style but for $360 they are great

Price range is the operative term.
For the price range it works well. I am not as forgiving with the glass in spotting scopes as I am with rifle scopes.
It works well for it's price range.
A spotter on this scope works great with a shooter on a FFP mildot scope.
I think you may find posted elsewhere that the bipod sucks. It does. Not if you count it as free though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mike -

Are the ones you just got the "new" "fixed" ones?

Can you peek through one real quick and give us a first impression weigh in VS a Leupold Mk4, optics wise? Thanks! </div></div>

The MK4 Spotting are really nice at this time we do not have a MK4 to do a side by side comparison. I took one out yesterday and was playing with it. The image was really clean, the image was bright, the power ring was nice and smooth, and the reticle was crisp all the way through 15x to 45x.

Mike @ CST