• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 Laser Rangefinder only reads to 200yards

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
I have a Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 laser range finder that only reads to about 200 yards? It used to read to at least 500. I've been shooting mostly 22lr, so I haven't noticed it. I've swapped batteries and cleaned optics, but still it reads to about 200 yards and beyond that it doesn't report a distance. I think Ive gone through all the modes and settings (there aren't many) and no increase in range. Any suggestions? They are about 8 years old. Not used that much.

I sent it to bushnell and they said it can't be repaired. Offered a deal on a new one, but when I researched the model, the one they offfered me is newer, but it is discontinued and I can get that model on eBay for the price they are quoting me. I understand they didn't have to do anything for me, but offering to do something that is close to nothing doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy.

Find a Sig Kilo 2000 and buy it.
Enjoy it and don't look back.
Alternatively, and if Bushnell is willing to give you a discount on a better-than-a-golf rangefinder, then consider the trade up.

Well, the unit used to read to 500 yards + and bushnell says it is out of whack. Even 200 yard isn't bad for golf, but 300 makes it useful for course management. It wouldn't even do 200 in bright sunlight. I bought on deal the combo conx kit. I'll see what else bushnell will offer since I've learned that one is none and long range stuff at foreign ranges isn't fun when your LRF goes bonkers.