• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Cadex dual strike/lite comp feedback?

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey guys looking to throw my Vector action in a Cadex, can’t decide on the dual strike or the lite competition chassis. Any feedback on these 2 and on Cadex chassis in general? Thanks!

They're fantastic chassis systems

I used my neighbors right handed TRG in one during the last PRS match.
    57207.jpeg

First, the Cadex chassis is first class. Yes, I am a Cadex dealer, but we also sell AI and some McMillan. If you are looking for a basic platform, McMillan and AI have some great options. I use AI for building Mk13 Navy/Marine sniper rifles. Cadex, however, is a generation ahead in the design and engineering. Lug design and roller bedding is fantastic. Cadex owns the large bore space. Anything above .338 fits better, in my opinion in a Cadex chassis.

Now, to your question. The Dual Strike is the foundation platform. This is a big chassis, and has lots of rail space committed for tactical use. The Dual Strike is a must for big bore. The Dual Strike has a bigger tube, so it will accommodate very thick barrels. The Lite Comp is probably the most popular chassis that I sell. It is great for most rifles, especially .308, 6.5, .260. The tipping point is at .338, where either chassis is good. The comp lite does not have the rails that the dual strike does. If you are mounting a dedicated scope and shooting at the range, then the lite comp is probably right for you. If you are out in the field, and need mounting space on your rifle, or changing scopes, the Dual Strike is a workhorse and will not disappoint you.

Personally, I am a big fan of the Dual Strike and Lite Strike, but I am a tactical guy.

Hope this helps. Give me a call to talk you through some comparisons.

@longshot2000 thanks for that! This would be for prs use and general plinking. I don’t need all the rails and stuff like that. And I was actually thinking of throwing the HRD Arca Swiss that HRD fear makes on it. They have a Cadex version that looks nice. I’m leaning toward the lite comp, but I really like the ease of the buttstock adjustment on the dual strike.

Also, the Curtis vector action has an integral top rail and recoil lug so not sure if that affects which chassis I can use or not.

Don’t know if you’re still on the fence or not, but a consideration is that lite strike’s fore end is slimmer. Will fit heavy varmint still.

You’ll need to do some slight grinding on the top of the fore end to get the rail to fit and also drill a hole on either side to accommodate the screws that secure the barrel. 69195687-4238-4505-9F9B-F948A08F978B.jpeg

Reactions: Covertnoob5
    Don’t know if you’re still on the fence or not, but a consideration is that lite strike’s fore end is slimmer. Will fit heavy varmint still.

You’ll need to do some slight grinding on the top of the fore end to get the rail to fit and also drill a hole on either side to accommodate the screws that secure the barrel. View attachment 6962424

Who did the work for you? Thanks!

Awesome! He did my 6.5 creed barrel so I know him well. Maybe he could even do it without seeing my action?

I’m not exactly sure how the process went, so I’m not sure if he could (probably a pretty one-off procedure). I know that he has Curtis actions through his shop, so he may have one there to go off of, though. Worth a try! Better than ruining your $$$ chassis with a dremmel and a drill ;)