Caldwell Velociradar vs. Garmin Xero

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Velociradar shows available and ready to buy on the Caldwell site for $499 with free shipping. Decided to order one, even though I love the simplicity and super-small form-factor of my Garmin Xero. If this Caldwell gadget is able to provide multiple programmable down-range drops, velocities, and accurate BC's, that data for me could be a game-changer. I'll let y'all know whether I love it or hate it. Being a "Gadget Guy" ... I just couldn't stop myself.

Reactions: Evintos
    Velociradar shows available and ready to buy on the Caldwell site for $499 with free shipping. Decided to order one, even though I love the simplicity and super-small form-factor of my Garmin Xero. If this Caldwell gadget is able to provide multiple programmable down-range drops, velocities, and accurate BC's, that data for me could be a game-changer. I'll let y'all know whether I love it or hate it. Being a "Gadget Guy" ... I just couldn't stop myself.
    Thanks for being the tester on this. Looking forward to your reports……

Reactions: Rocketvapor
    I believe the BC's are captured within 100yds which probably aren't very useful depending on what you're doing. Looks like it still needs a trigger and to be pointed properly. I'd be happy to be wrong, but this seems like too little too late.