• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Can a different muzzle device change barrel harmonics and effect accuracy

When we visit David it is always a testing event. Not recorded other than landscape that interest me. Though images of targets and shot records across the Oehler are kept . We are working with David on several concepts.
Chase Stroud found the same thing while playing with his .338EnABLER. Location of brake and powder charge had little impact on group size or location- 10gr powder test- 250fps range.

When we visit David it is always a testing event. Not recorded other than landscape that interest me. Though images of targets and shot records across the Oehler are kept . We are working with David on several concepts.
Chase Stroud found the same thing while playing with his .338EnABLER. Location of brake and powder charge had little impact on group size or location- 10gr powder test- 250fps range.
From what he has seen so far has he changed his load development or process for those barrels?

thanks

Could have just been a shitty shooter on tje trigger that day too

^^^ this.

And, it's almost always this.

I'm not debating anyone that it is true that hanging different things off the muzzle, or using a tuner, or washers, or rubber bands, or anything else, changes barrel harmonics... because it does.

But, I would argue that much of the time, the change in harmonics isn't even the most impactful variable at play concerning group size: we are.

I suppose the best example I can think of is: Dimebag Darrell was one of, if not the sickest metal guitar players to walk the earth. But even he nearly lost his damn mind when trying to double track his guitar parts on recordings to a point where he was satisfied. Same guitar, same amps, same strings, same hands etc... still took him, one of the best guitar players on the planet, take, after take, after take, to get close to having perfectly double tracked his previously played parts...

We can try to shoot as good, consistently as possible, but I doubt any of us practice as much, or are near as good at shooting as Dimebag was at guitar... sometimes it's not the hardware, it's the software.

Then there's enviormentals/weather...

This guy is incredible. It's a great solution but you will have to take your barrel to a gunsmith for modification. I posted this because I believe it will answer the question you asked.

Reactions: Jim Boatright