• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Can we start a fund to bail this perp out... so we can have him?

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Not sure who did this. But probably not a church-going member of the local Eagle's lodge.

Once they catch perp and set bail... can we get together and get this shitbag released to the custody of... say... The Bear Pit.

Which will naturally treat the sierra-bravo with the respect and decorum he deserves. Probably starting with flaying every inch of skin off his body and covering him with Red Devil Paint Stripper.

WTF.... What kind of fucking cowardly POS shoots a 90-year old? To steal his car.

Sirhr

Let the blue line folks do it legally.
Good point. It is only delaying the inevitable. Let the cops do the legal thing and it will go through the courts and then they will release the guy.

Stating separately with no connection in mind, patience is a virtue.

Last edited:
This hit home for me. He shopped in my store several times and brought a grin to our faces whenever he gave us his card. Meeting Mr Beckett and talking with him, you’d never guess he was as old as he was. His mind was still very sharp. The famous “my card” they talked about was actually a series of cards that he would give to you during his story and lasted for several minutes. Mr Becket was everything that his family said he was.

Fair winds and following seas shipmate.

Not sure who did this. But probably not a church-going member of the local Eagle's lodge.

Once they catch perp and set bail... can we get together and get this shitbag released to the custody of... say... The Bear Pit.

Which will naturally treat the sierra-bravo with the respect and decorum he deserves. Probably starting with flaying every inch of skin off his body and covering him with Red Devil Paint Stripper.

WTF.... What kind of fucking cowardly POS shoots a 90-year old? To steal his car.

Sirhr
The kind your gov seemingly wants!

The irony of half the people here is on point. Cops smoke someone, they get shit on. Cops don't kill someone.. shit on. I guess no one realizes that they are the smallest pieces of the criminal law puzzle. Courts won't prosecute after they are arrested. Judges release bad guys and attorneys for the county will flat out reject an on view arrest in Harris County because they are trying to keep their desks clean. Everyone is big mad when things like this happen but yet won't attend one single county/city/state board and let it rip in the defense of the officers who are legitimately trying to work around a broken system.

Sucks this heppend and hate seeing it, but really, what ya going to do about it? Can't off the perp, can't hold the judges or lawyers responsible... just sickening all around.

The irony of half the people here is on point. Cops smoke someone, they get shit on. Cops don't kill someone.. shit on. I guess no one realizes that they are the smallest pieces of the criminal law puzzle. Courts won't prosecute after they are arrested. Judges release bad guys and attorneys for the county will flat out reject an on view arrest in Harris County because they are trying to keep their desks clean. Everyone is big mad when things like this happen but yet won't attend one single county/city/state board and let it rip in the defense of the officers who are legitimately trying to work around a broken system.

Sucks this heppend and hate seeing it, but really, what ya going to do about it? Can't off the perp, can't hold the judges or lawyers responsible... just sickening all around.

You can hold them responsible. But you’ll have to get enough signatures to get a recall going.

This situation is beyond deplorable. Comparatively, the UK has been dealing with this similar situation for a lot of years. Yes, they have voted themselves into it, I get that.

But what you don't hear about, is that the elderly and retired servicemen and servicewomen are confronted with this kind of thing often, to which they have a name for these 'useless societal entities'.

They call them "yob's".

I have to ask, exactly how far does this have to go/spiral, before PEOPLE, (Human Beings that CARE) ACTUALLY do something about it?

Far too often it is 'accepted', and THAT in itself is WRONG.

That neighborhood area has been in the shit for a while. That's also the district where the Texas State Rep recently changed from D to R, but she had already been primaried.

Acevedo had to speak on two different occasions within a half mile of there after HPD had shot and killed two different perps. During one of his speeches he lamented that nobody would testify because the perps would be out the morning after their arrest. It still didn't make him do the right thing. He theatened to out the judges, but never did.

People killing their neighbors is an approved D activity, no effort has been made to do anything but turn the offenders back out.

This was about a mile and a half away, on the next big street over.

In the '70s, that area was middle/upper middle class. A friends mom met Earl Campbell at the car wash on Fondren by Creekbend. I made pizza for Rudy T and his wife the week after he got his face caved in, it was taped up when he and his wife ate dinner at the restaurant. A second string Astro lived in the apartments where I did, behind Fondren Jr High, don't remember his name right now. The Channel 2 Weatherman lived in the neighborhood by where this veteran was killed.

Something's got to give. The downward spiral only continues.

…starting with flaying every inch of skin off his body and covering him with Red Devil Paint Stripper…

Sirhr
They have these things called fire ants in TX and it would be a damn shame if the suspect found himself staked to the ground on top of a fire ant mound.

Reactions: LuckyLuke80

This was about a mile and a half away, on the next big street over.

In the '70s, that area was middle/upper middle class. A friends mom met Earl Campbell at the car wash on Fondren by Creekbend. I made pizza for Rudy T and his wife the week after he got his face caved in, it was taped up when he and his wife ate dinner at the restaurant. A second string Astro lived in the apartments where I did, behind Fondren Jr High, don't remember his name right now. The Channel 2 Weatherman lived in the neighborhood by where this veteran was killed.

Something's got to give. The downward spiral only continues.
Grew up not far from there…. Closer to Westbury Square. That area was on the downward spiral when I left in the late 80’s