• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Can't believe this...

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
I just loaded 10 round with no primers in them. so I gotta take ALL of them out now because some of the powder went through the primer hole.

omfg. I had to share my idiocy on here... wow...

/rant

Re: Can't believe this...

That's what happens when you load under the influence
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowslngr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah. ... I've never done that before. ...
whistle.gif
</div></div>

But I have heard about it....

Each step in the process turns my cases end for end in the loading block, so I can keep track of what I'm doing. In the powder charging stage, I have before me a block full of primed upside down cases. This shows that everything is primed, and it shows where I'm at with the charged ones being right side up and ready for a bullet.

Can't recall ever not being in that habit of method.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prime them, shoot them. Problem solved! </div></div>

Uhhh, no.

There's two types of reloaders; The ones who've had a primer pop when seating one and those who will.

You want to press a fully charged case, with a seated bullet, down onto a new primer?

Odds are you'll get away with it. Most of the time. But isn't it just such remote probabilities that are so memorable?

If you live to remember them...

I loaded 50rds.
Went to the range, shot 40rds then on the 41rd. "click"..... "miss fire"!
Looked no primer! We all laugh.... Loaded a new rd. "click" same thing, No primer!
So, I looked in the ammo box. Sure enough, All of the last 10rds. had NO primers!

So, don't feel like the "Long Ranger"!

LOBO 151