• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Central Ky flooding picture May2nd,2010

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
042.jpg

This is the view of my neighbors house across from our house. The road is in between the mailboxes......Hey wait a minute.....Where's the road?...Hahahaha...
I don't believe we are in a drought any longer..
SmokeRolls
This is my bridge to my house.
039.jpg

This is my front yard or part of it.
043.jpg

Re: Central Ky flooding picture May2nd,2010

Big rain storm that moved thru this weekend. My local area in central Ky received 8.49" or rain today and 9.34" total this weekend.......Needless to say, we are no longer looking for rain.
Got sump pump.?...........Hahahaha
SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats all that from </div></div>

Not too big on current events, are you?

I feel for you brother, I am on Lake Cumberland and we were swamped. My basement flooded and I spent the entire evening digging a ditch out my back basement door to get it to drain. The drain at the back of the basement couldn't keep up with the rain and backed up into the basement drains themselves. At any rate, prayers with those less fortunate than us here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How bad is the damage to your house Smoke?

Sorry for your trouble.
</div></div>
I'm good. I live on a hill. It would have to rise about 40 feet to threaten my house and if it did that, you might as well kiss Ky goodbye............Unless you own and live on a houseboat..
Thanks for the concern............ My neighbors are all ok. I helped them get rid of water and placed a 2,000 pound rock in an area next to their bridge to deflect water and prevent massive erosion from taking their bridge... All good. I believe we faired better than many.....Thank God for that....
SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Da-Law-Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel for you brother, I am on Lake Cumberland and we were swamped. My basement flooded and I spent the entire evening digging a ditch out my back basement door to get it to drain. The drain at the back of the basement couldn't keep up with the rain and backed up into the basement drains themselves. At any rate, prayers with those less fortunate than us here. </div></div>
You are close man... I hope all is well. If you need help drying out your basement I have an E-bac high volume fan with a 50' non- colapsable hose...... It really moves air and will pump fresh air in or out of a space with authority.... My cell # is 859-516-8384 if you need to borrow it... Just bring it back when you are done................SmokeRolls

Davidson County, TN. received about 16" over a 36 hour period. 11 lives have been lost in Middle Tennessee and several people have drowned in MS and AL.

I have been lucky. Nothing to mention but a bit of standing water in the yard.

Smoke, glad you're up on a hill protected. It's a terrible, we know what it's like down here to have high water where you don't need it. Good luck bro, hope you stay high and dry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Da-Law-Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel for you brother, I am on Lake Cumberland and we were swamped. My basement flooded and I spent the entire evening digging a ditch out my back basement door to get it to drain. The drain at the back of the basement couldn't keep up with the rain and backed up into the basement drains themselves. At any rate, prayers with those less fortunate than us here. </div></div>
You are close man... I hope all is well. If you need help drying out your basement I have an E-bac high volume fan with a 50' non- colapsable hose...... It really moves air and will pump fresh air in or out of a space with authority.... My cell # is 859-516-8384 if you need to borrow it... Just bring it back when you are done................SmokeRolls </div></div>

Thanks Smoke,

Tried to send you a PM but you are over the limit on 'em. Fired you an email out anyhow. Thanks again and give me a shout.

I had some washout on my drive and spent the day soaked digging a ditch out, but nothing compared to further south in cent. Ky..
Hope you guys dryout soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Davidson County, TN. received about 16" over a 36 hour period. 11 lives have been lost in Middle Tennessee and several people have drowned in MS and AL.

I have been lucky. Nothing to mention but a bit of standing water in the yard.

</div></div>
I know we didn't receive anywhere near what Tenn received. We were fortunate/blessed. I guess it's all not good and to some it's horrible depending upon location of your home/where you are. Some areas are prone to flooding if they receive 1" of rain. All we can do is count our blessings and pray for those in dire needs......SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macduff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which county is that? If you don't mind me asking.</div></div>
Boyle (Danville area)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smoke, glad you're up on a hill protected. It's a terrible, we know what it's like down here to have high water where you don't need it. Good luck bro, hope you stay high and dry.</div></div>
Thanks.......You would know what flooding is like....
SmokeRolls

We have a large creek that runs through our entire farm and a few ponds. Well our backyard looks like the Mississippi River. We were stuck in Eastern KY for 4 hours trying to pass by a mud slide. Finally I kicked the tahoe into 4wd and went on thru it. We made it thru just fine. I've got some pictures around here somewhere.... stand by

s0znkx.jpg

4uuxcg.jpg

Thats my entrance to my farm. From the bottom of the creek bed to the top of our bridge siding. Thats measured at almost 10 feet of water. It was moving fast to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are you. What river is that?</div></div>
Boyle County,Upper Salt River

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Da-Law-Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Da-Law-Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel for you brother, I am on Lake Cumberland and we were swamped. My basement flooded and I spent the entire evening digging a ditch out my back basement door to get it to drain. The drain at the back of the basement couldn't keep up with the rain and backed up into the basement drains themselves. At any rate, prayers with those less fortunate than us here. </div></div>
You are close man... I hope all is well. If you need help drying out your basement I have an E-bac high volume fan with a 50' non- colapsable hose...... It really moves air and will pump fresh air in or out of a space with authority.... My cell # is 859-516-8384 if you need to borrow it... Just bring it back when you are done................SmokeRolls </div></div>

Thanks Smoke,

Tried to send you a PM but you are over the limit on 'em. Fired you an email out anyhow. Thanks again and give me a shout.</div></div>
I'll fix that PM thing in a minute and check E-mail. Call me if you need something.
SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are you. What river is that?</div></div>
Boyle County,Upper Salt River </div></div>

My in laws are in Danville. They said all emergency crews were out responding to a large issue. I heard docks were floating away from peoples houses on Herrington lake. Be careful, call me if you need me to bring my boat
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are you. What river is that?</div></div>
Boyle County,Upper Salt River </div></div>

My in laws are in Danville. They said all emergency crews were out responding to a large issue. I heard docks were floating away from peoples houses on Herrington lake. Be careful, call me if you need me to bring my boat
wink.gif
</div></div>
Thanks Adam. That was Kings Mill Marina that got destroyed. There was nothing that could have been done in that situation. The debri being pushed by the current/winds pressed against the dock and boats and got overwhelmed by the pressure and she said it looked like an accordian (Did I spell that right?) I've done some welding for the owner there a long time ago. She's a nice lady. I hope she pulls out of that one. Imagine having your business and then after the flooding, having nothing but some dangling wires/cables and nothing left but empty shore line. I believe it was an entire loss due to all of the destruction.
........Some people really got hammered.....SmokeRolls

I heard alot of people with their Koi fish ponds got screwed. I know of a friend of mine that kept trying to keep his koi in his little decorative pond...
Reminds me of William Wallace.....FREEDOM!!!!
SmokeRolls

If anyone in Lexington or within a couple hours of here needs help cleaning up I can help Thursday and Friday. For free of course.

I can probably bring a couple frat brothers too if needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macduff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone in Lexington or within a couple hours of here needs help cleaning up I can help Thursday and Friday. For free of course.

I can probably bring a couple frat brothers too if needed. </div></div>
Thats nice of you to offer.
SmokeRolls