• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

CMMG Wasp 308

Double L

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2010
Anybody tried one of the CMMG Wasp Rifles in 308?

I'm thinking about trying an auto gun in 308. I shoot tactical bolt guns primarily so I am accuracy sensitive. I really don't want to jack with building one.. just want to take it out of the box, scope it and tune it a little bit and shoot it.

Most shooting will be 400 to 1000 yd...

Will certianly listen to alternative ideas from you guys that shoot gas guns... I just liked the look and feel of this rifle, it's very similar to my AR 223 that I built.

Re: CMMG Wasp 308

I was wondering about this rifle as well? I would love to have a GAP 10 but it's $1100 more than the CMMG WASP. This would be my first .308 rifle that I want to use for hogs and maybe a little target shooting but nothing past 600 yards.

Anyone own or shot one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oubeta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd go with a DPMS if you are looking for a cost effective gun.
I know those work well, but I haven't heard much about the CMMG.
I'm sure it will run ok as well.</div></div>

I've been looking at those as well. I'm new to the .308 AR platform, so I'm still trying to learn what brand is compatiable with each other but I will look at the DPMS rifles as well.

I own a CMMG .308 18 inch with a Weaver 3-15x50 and I was more then happy with the .59 to .76 groups at 100 yards and flawless fit and finish . It is 100% relieable . I have shot it at 300 yards in the desert prone with a Harris bipod and got .85 to 1 moa groups with Fed Gold Medal match 168 and my Amax 168 hand load . If I had better eyes ( I'm 60 ) and a good solid bench with bags it might be better. I wanted a Larue OBR and S&B ,but my money is funny these days . This rifle keeps up with my Armalite T10 20 inch. For the money it's a great rifle . I dad a DPMS 4 years ago and it was a dissapointment in accuracy and function .

Thanks guys!

tsavo...I did the CDNN search and found some additional information.

GONIF...thanks for the review. I'm sure this rifle will be a good rifle for me to get started on. Like I mentioned earlier, it will be my first .308 rifle and I won't be shooting past 600 yards.

I would love to have a Larue OBR or a GAP 10 but that will be some time down the road!

Thanks for all the imput. I'm gonna look at the GAP and the CMMG...when I spring for one I'll give you guys a report on what I buy. I have to admit I like what GONIF has to say about his WASP.. sounds like a good shooter. Double L