• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Couch 2 5k

jb3506

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2009
TEXAS
Has anyone else tried this training regimen. I was 34 when a friend of mine told me about this outline. I was going at running the old way, just push myself to start with a mile straight. I strugled with shin splints, and soreness. Then learned of the couch 2 5k, intervals. I had come off of three knee scopes and smoking 2 packs of cigs a day when I started this and was in moderaltely bad shape. After about a month and a half I was completing 5 miles in 50 minutes every other day. Of course after the first month I deviated and began to push myself a little harder than what was required. In my opinion this is a very good training regimen to get someone off the couch and to running with little disappointment.

Re: Couch 2 5k

Yes.

Quite smoking (1.5 ppd) on January 3, 2005. Started C25K January 4, 2005. Ran a full 26.2 on December 18, 2005.

It works. Heed the warnings about not pushing too hard out of the gate. I failed to do so, and lost 6 weeks of training while my ankles healed.

Re: Couch 2 5k

I have used it with great success. In addition, there is an App for the ipod / iphone for Couch to 5k, that allows you to use your music as a background and it gives you audible instructions for the next set. It worked for me, when I had the format written on paper and folded in my pocket. Now that it is formatted for my iphone, it is even better.