Decibullz percussive filter shooting ear plugs

Patty

Team MDT | Team Leupold
Minuteman
Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
VA
Does anyone have any experience with these percussive filter models? Most reviews I can find say they work great for hearing taking and blocking out gunfire, just not sure what guns and what environment they are shooting in.

I am a PRS shooter and there are often brakes guns and shooting inside of barricades etc. do they offer enough protection and still enable you to hear talking?

https://www.decibullz.com/custom-molded-percussive-shooting-filters/?revpage=4 #product-reviews

Im aware of all the nice microphone models but I loathe batteries for ear pro that can die or forget to be charged.

Last edited:
I did buy some of there ear plugs and have there headphones, the ear molding is really good. I want to hear from someone that has them before dropping $80 on them

I did buy some of there ear plugs and have there headphones, the ear molding is really good. I want to hear from someone that has them before dropping $80 on them

I decided to try some, picked them up on amazon so I’ll report back this weekend.

Received my decibullz percussive filters, molded them. Which was a pretty easy process, just follow the instructions and it will work out fine. At first they felt pretty uncomfortable, and then I changed the silicone tips I had installed, much better, none of the foam ones were comfortable for me. Still not as comfortable as just plain foam plugs, but I wasn’t expecting that.

I haven’t gotten to test them with gunfire yet, but I will probably hit the range later this week. I’ll be shooting a braked 6.5cm under a roof outdoors so I should be able to give a decent review on the sound protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonlikes2shoot
Update: i took one shot with my rifle, removed them and replaced them with foamies. Will be returning these and exploring other options. I can not recommend them for anyone shooting rifles.

They MIGHT be okay for outdoor handgun use. Still would not be my first choice.

I decided to bite the bullet and order some OTTO Noizebarriers, which are working out great so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonlikes2shoot