Rifle Scopes DNT 7-35x56 FFP Riflescopes

Wait till you get a bright day again..... in this condition the DNT holds its own against many high end scopes ... i know you say ALL look good in bright daylight... but dark or overcast conditions don't favour the DNT.

Even some of the "Higher End" optics i have don't fair as well as others in Dim light.

The standout in DIM light is Tangent.. but that's a whole different price realm here in Aus!!
I’ve noticed this phenom with my NF NX8 4-32 and S&B 5-25 at ~20x+. As a small varmint shooter, it kinda sucks a bit.

It’s not too bad, but I notice it when heavy clouds roll in or towards the end of the shoot (not last-light, I’m not deer shooting!). I tend to exclusively shoot 18-20x-plus and often have shots at as high as the scope will crank.

Wait till you get a bright day again..... in this condition the DNT holds its own against many high end scopes ... i know you say ALL look good in bright daylight... but dark or overcast conditions don't favour the DNT.

Even some of the "Higher End" optics i have don't fair as well as others in Dim light.

The standout in DIM light is Tangent.. but that's a whole different price realm here in Aus!!
Have you looked through a Kahles? My 3 K-series scopes are by far the best low-light (and overall) IQ scopes I have. My ATACR F1 5-25x56 does ok, and my Zeiss S3 6-36x does pretty good.

Today here where i am we have a glorious day ... 24c and bright clear skies ... NOT a breath of wind... Come 9:00am myself and friend are going over the back paddocks to my range with 2 of the DNT,s one on HTI 375CT and the other on SRS 338Lap .
Plan is to shoot from 1500 out to 3000yds.. with these perfect conditions.
I know because of these ideal conditions the DNT,s will look great!!

I will also have one of my Returned/Repaired S&B 6-36,s on the HTI 50bmg ...so will be interesting to do a compare in these conditions.

Reactions: carbonbased
Have you looked through a Kahles? My 3 K-series scopes are by far the best low-light (and overall) IQ scopes I have. My ATACR F1 5-25x56 does ok, and my Zeiss S3 6-36x does pretty good.
The only Kahles i still have is the older 624i ... its fairly good at lower light levels, but still degrades.

To be truthful ALL my S&B,s other than the 6-36 don't fair well in low light either.

My TT 5-25 is excellent....and the new 7-35 even better..

As a reference...
This is a private conversation between myself and my dealer/friend here on Aus...
In regards to Low Light...
DNT/ZCO/S&B/TANGENT/NF ATACR

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241009_074047_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20241009_074047_WhatsApp.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 123
Got out today and got it zeroed and did a comparison with the Match Pro ED. I got to say the glass on the DNT is very good for the price range. It was noticeably cleared than the Match Pro. There was no CA in the DNT looking at white targets from 200-550 yards. Looking at the 550 yard IPSC steel with impacts and marks on it I was able to see the the marks clearer than I expected and more clear than the Match Pro. The reticle was nice also. All in all with the $599 price it's a steal for glass and reticle.

The con I feel are how the knobs feel when adjusting back to zero. Feel a little cheap but not bad as they are cheap. LOL The screws are a little shallow so watch it when adjusting not to strip. I got it zeroed and ran it up and had 19 mils after zero on a 20 moa mount. I ran it back down to zero and it hadn't changed so that was good. First time with the 6 ARC so only put 20 rounds through it so it's getting cleaned now. Looking forward to next trip out with the DNT.
Yes the turret set screws worry me. This was the response I got from DNT. They work but seem really soft where just putting a little tension on them is kinda worrisome.

“After checking with our warehouse we don't currently have any spare to send out, should they become available for purchase in the future it would be done on our website. For the time being, if you are pressed to obtain an additional set of screws Kenton Industries does offer for purchase custom set screws for our turrets, as well as taking the entire turret with the screws in hand to any hardware store that specializes in fine threaded screws could be another option.”

We would love to hear your feedback on which option works best for you and any other future customers who have the same inquiry, our team here at DNT is always appreciative of our customer's feedback.

https://kentonindustries.com/pages/contact

Best Regards,

Lauren

Reactions: camocorvette
Gorgeous Day....
Setup at 1500..
I sighter....next 3 on the small upper plate..

Attachments

• 20241009_095050.jpg
    20241009_095050.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20241009_094743.jpg
    20241009_094743.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20241009_094757.jpg
    20241009_094757.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20241009_094818.jpg
    20241009_094818.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20241009_095429.jpg
    20241009_095429.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 46
The only Kahles i still have is the older 624i ... its fairly good at lower light levels, but still degrades.

To be truthful ALL my S&B,s other than the 6-36 don't fair well in low light either.

My TT 5-25 is excellent....and the new 7-35 even better..
If it's an older K624i, the glass isn't the same as the newest generation. When they developed the K525i they started putting the new upgraded K525 glass in the K624i scopes as well, according to a Kahles rep I talked to. This explains the newest generation (the ones I have) looking much better in all conditions than the older ones. If your dealer buddy has a current Gen K624i with the SKMR4, see if he'll let you take it for a spin to compare. The new ones are much better than the older ones.

Reactions: wooferocau
Funny thing is I don’t recall this happening much with my Razor G2 4.5-27, which is my main scope. Hmmm…I should make an effort to check and compare.
My Razor Gen3 6-36x that I got back from Vortex after them fixing it, doesn't really have this issue either, now that I think about it... So, hell, I guess I can put it right up there with my Kahles' as well.

Reactions: carbonbased
Didn't get to it before dark, but we've got a really clear view of the moon tonight here in my part of southeast Texas. You can make out a surprising level of detail at 35 power.

I set the parralax to infinity, and zoomed all the way in, and it was pretty grainy. I figured, well, this must be what they were talking about. Turned the parralax back a little and the image got sharp. Really sharp. It's 65° here tonight and you could just make out a little mirage while looking at the moon.

I'll play with it more tomorrow evening if I have time.

No issues with the DNT today, still cant really fault it....
shot at 28x...
1500yds
1760yds
3000yds
375 Cheytac , Hornady 390gr Atips

A great day.

Attachments

• 20241009_134640.jpg
    20241009_134640.jpg
    763.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20241009_135935.jpg
    20241009_135935.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • 20241009_140750.jpg
    20241009_140750.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20241009_125147.jpg
    20241009_125147.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20241009_125113.jpg
    20241009_125113.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20241009_125124.jpg
    20241009_125124.jpg
    673.1 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: camocorvette
Are folks here stripping the threads or rounding the hex drive? I suspect some are using a 5/64. I have several 5/64s that measure 1.94-1.97mm.
The screws in my EPL and SH Arkens are M4 x .7 x 12mm with 2mm Hex drive.Good Snap On hex drive bits measure 2.00- 2.02 mm.Shitty Allen/ Hex drive wrenches or bits from hardware stores measure 1.95 to 1.99.Mostly 1.97 .The Torx drive screws from my Zeiss S3 work,M4 x.7 x 8mm with #8 torx.
A #8 torx will remove a 2mm hex.A small quality straight shank flat blade,gunsmith,electronic type, will remove a torx.Me, myself and I ,have use a # 8 torx bit with a very light tap in the rounded hex holes in a used Arken EPL,fellow used well used 5/64 's on it.

Are folks here stripping the threads or rounding the hex drive? I suspect some are using a 5/64. I have several 5/64s that measure 1.94-1.97mm.
The screws in my EPL and SH Arkens are M4 x .7 x 12mm with 2mm Hex drive.Good Snap On hex drive bits measure 2.00- 2.02 mm.Shitty Allen/ Hex drive wrenches or bits from hardware stores measure 1.95 to 1.99.Mostly 1.97 .The Torx drive screws from my Zeiss S3 work,M4 x.7 x 8mm with #8 torx.
A #8 torx will remove a 2mm hex.A small quality straight shank flat blade,gunsmith,electronic type, will remove a torx.Me, myself and I ,have use a # 8 torx bit with a very light tap in the rounded hex holes in a used Arken EPL,fellow used well used 5/64 's on it.
Nice info

2.520 is the outer diameter of the DNT 7-35 sunshade. EP5 5-25 shade is 5.60 (at least that’s the MKM size of cap).
The DNT shade has a different thread pitch than EP5 5-25 also. DNT is on the left.
IMG_0295.jpeg

Apparently my Solus Comp 6.5 Creed is looking to be a shooter... The only things I've swapped so far is put in a TriggerTech Special with the screw removed (1 lbs.), and retorqued the action screws to 65 in-lbs. First 25 rounds, only a simple barrel scrubbing and dry-patching before going to the range. 3 shots to sight it in, so 3 of the groups are 4-shot groups, then the last 2 are 5 shot groups... I'm using brand new virgin Alpha SRP 6.5CM brass, Nosler 140 RDF's, StaBall 6.5, and CCI 400 primers. Seated them to 2.270", which is 0.010" jump, and still fit and feed perfectly from an MDT steel AICS mag with no front binder plate. Didn't know it was shipping, so I was caught with my pants down on ordering a matching Ergo grip like on all my other rifles, and the proper height rings, but they should arrive this week from Midway.

The DNT scope is alright... It tracks true, and I can see the reticle just fine, the reticle layout is very nice with the .1 MIL marks, the parallax is almost dead-on with the known distances, and I have no problems shooting tight groups. It was quite overcast, so it really put the glass to the test to show how it stacks up in the shadows compared to out in the bright light where every halfway decent optic can look clear. In the shadows when the sun went behind the clouds while shooting, above 25x definitely got a bit grainy, but nothing that wasn't able to be mostly adjusted-out with some slight parallax tweaking...But at 30x it wasn't as clear as my Burris XTR-3 5.5-30x56 at 30x. The DNT is assembled in China with Japanese EXD glass, and the Burris is built in the Philippines with Japanese ED glass.

Personal opinion based just simple on initial thoughts with only 25 rounds through it... In bright light, very clear, very bright, organic colors (no tinting). There is tiny bit of dark blueish/purple CA around the edges when you get your head off-center of the eye box, but that's not the end of the world. Eyebox is a bit tight at 35x, but most scopes will be. I'd certainly buy one over another Arken, I can tell you that much, just that the glass is much better than any of the ones I have/had prior, including a Gen1 EP5. Also I REALLY like the TOR reticle. It's .1 MIL marks, so it makes corrections and helping spot for others to give corrections for them super simple and easy.

It's definitely worth the $600 I paid for it, but honestly, the glass in my Burris XTR-3 5.5-30x56 is noticeably better for just a few hundred more. Haven't compared it to anything else yet, as those were the only 2 guns I carried to the range with me today. That said, if my budget for a LR scope was $600-750, I'd probably recommend the DNT.

That all being said, it very well could have just been extreme mirage from the cans, being that my rings are super low, and I'm waiting on my taller rings to arrive. That could help with the grainy image at max mag noticeably, because I did have that problem with several higher-end scopes until I put taller rings on them and got them above the barrels and suppressors directly in the LOS. My taller rings should arrive this week, so hopefully we can test this theory next weekend, and after more rounds my thoughts might change. Only time will tell, just giving my initial rundown.

View attachment 8518984

Here's the first 5 groups (first 25 shots on a brand new barrel, random ass load choice, and getting some REALLY good velocities and ES/SD numbers for a new barrel that hasn't even fully settled in yet. But it started to settle in nicely in the 4th and 5th groups (other than the random flier in each one). Those fliers were me pulling because there was lots of people at the range today talking and bumping the goddamn bench while I'm trying to shoot.

Also, not sure WTF happened at 44.0 grains with that double-grouping, but that was weird.

View attachment 8518978View attachment 8518979View attachment 8518980View attachment 8518981View attachment 8518982View attachment 8518983
I have XTR3i and found in terms of optical quality/clarity, it’s by no mean close to TRACT TORIC ELR. Compared my friend’s Arken EP5 GenII to XTR3 and found both are ‘decent’ overall but the ‘style’ is a bit different.

However I think Arken’s turret is much better than Burris’, which are a bit small. The windage turret is very mushy and parallax turret is super stiff. Burris’s reticle is one of my favourite though. Oh and Burris’s zero stop is more solid than Arkens

I’m not sure about the price in the US, but here in Australia, Burris XTR III is sold for A$2800 while DNT is only A$1250.

Do you have any experience with Leupold Mark4HD? I think that might be my next scope.

Btw, Arken EP5 Gen II>Bushnell March Pro>Arken EP5 GenI >>Vortex Strike Eagle
(Haven’t had a chance to try DNT yet)

Last edited:
My initial impressions of the DNT 7-35 mirror what others have already said mostly. The glass really stacks up even at dusk at 100 yards. Mild suppressor mirage was handled well but temps are in high 60s and low humidity. It does get washed out 25-35x at distance > 300 yards and low light, shadows etc. Eye box is tight as expected. Frankly, other than that, it seemed comparable to my XTR Pro. I would definitely replace all my Arken EP 5-25’s with this. My parallax numbers matched perfectly. The mag rings and parallax are much less stiff than EP5 5-25 and way less than XTR Pro. I don’t use 25-35x much other than punching paper but it did fine and in brighter light was impressive. I only had a few hours today. I glass out out to 1500 from 6-6:50pm and I could clearly read 3 ft x 3 ft signs at around 1000 yards. The sun was setting behind me and although already behind the mountains and buildings behind me there was a glow to light the signs. Still pretty great. The cattails in the shadows of the pond around 600 away were pretty well defined but I didn’t have other scopes to compare.
I hope others get behind theirs and enjoy it.

I took mine out in the evening after work to see just how long it would make it in failing light.
Staring into the setting sun, there is a pipeline sign around 300 yards away. At full zoom the eyebox was tight and ir was a little dark but you still could have taken an animal with it.
Backed off to 25x and I could still read the sign. Lettering is about 1"

Comparing it to the leupold vx3i 4.5-14x50 on my vudoo, the dnt wins. But it probably should being 56mm objective vs 50mm on the vx3i, and 34mm tube vs 30.

I have an xtr3i to compare it to also but haven't done it yet. I expect the burris to get smoked though. My 2-10x credo blows it out of the water. I'll compare it to that one also when I can. I've also got a 6-24x first gen viper pst, but I think the dnt will take the w there. Although, the viper beats the burris.

eventually I'll get them all together to see which one is king of the poors.

Think it would last on an AR-10? Looking for something inexpensive. It rarely comes out of the safe.
I don’t know about “lasting” because I just got it but had no issues with 30 rds through a 25 CM SP10. Others have put it on ELR guns and such without issue that I know of. Rated to “50 BMG” and lifetime warranty so probably safe to give it a shot.

Reactions: Jrb572
Where did the haters go?
I can’t speak for anyone else but I think the “hate” was based off one guy basically sucking Arken/DNT dick with silly claims. At least what I thought was silly. Based off his few samples and bad experiences with high end optics. It’s hard to hate something you’ve never tried although some will find a way. Now that the DNT is out and about, I think glowing reviews for what it is will be common.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I think the “hate” was based off one guy basically sucking Arken/DNT dick with silly claims.
Really Mate !!!:mad:
I stand behind every comment i made which IS based off real world use!!

Since you also mentioned high end optics and bad experiences again ..
I just received a couple of my S&B,s back from repair in Germany ( 6-36,s) ... yesterday one of them failed again on the 50bmg...will not hold focus under recoil..
No issues on the 338lap .. just the 50.
The other S&B 6-36 will be tested today.....Hopefully it fairs better..

FWIW.... As it turns out my original 2 "Arken" 7-35,s with the "Aussie" MPR reticle were a small batch of scopes made ( 15) .
As it turns out these are basically the Pre Samples of the now DNT branded scope.
So different to the US Arken 7-35.
Called it... 😂

I knew based on my previous Arken experiences that there was no way in hell those scopes had the same (or remotely close to the same) glass. My EP5 had very noticeable CA, and the glass was only impressive for it's sale price I got it at (I think $400), other than the glass being less-than-impressive on the Arkens, I think mechanically they are great scopes for their price point. The turrets leave something lacking with the spring-back and the slight bobble (same thing with my DNT). But the clicks are nice, and very positive and loud, and the tracking is on-pointe. The glass in my DNT is significantly better than any of the Arkens I own/have owned.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting the range again for more load development on the factory Solus 6.5CM with the DNT and the Solus/CarbonSix 7 SAW with the Burris XTR-3 5.5-30x56, so I'll give it a better chance, and do some more side-to-side comparing before I ever even fire a shot and get the barrels warm, that way there's zero heat mirage. I hope the taller rings helps avoid the grainy mirage issue I was noticing before, but we'll see. It's a far cry from an alpha-tier optic, and certainly not a replacement for one, however, other than the low-light degradation at higher magnifications, I feel it's definitely worth the $600 price tag...And I'd definitely buy another DNT over an Arken any day of the week.