• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Dogs are way better than cats.

Hitler's cat

hitler cat.jpg

My wife works in pathology and has been involved in hundreds if not 1,000+ autopsies. Plus has plenty of friends and acquaintances in this field.

She has not seen nor heard of a dog eating their owners body. Plenty of cats though, including the individual I referenced earlier.

I'm sure there's instances of dogs eating their owners bodies, but contrary to that article, I think it's exceptionally rare. Unlike cats.

My wife works in pathology and has been involved in hundreds if not 1,000+ autopsies. Plus has plenty of friends and acquaintances in this field.

She has not seen nor heard of a dog eating their owners body. Plenty of cats though, including the individual I referenced earlier.

I'm sure there's instances of dogs eating their owners bodies, but contrary to that article, I think it's exceptionally rare. Unlike cats.
Most articles agree dogs are more likely, also more people may have cats indoors where you live

Yeah, the article doesn't even state statistics so we just take the journalist's word for it. And nowhere does anybody document cases where pets are present but no scavenging takes place.
The journalist is not the one that said it.

"You’d think it was a bear or something,” says Roger Byard, a forensic pathologist at the University of Adelaide who wrote about the case in 2020. (Note for the squeamish: There are disturbing images in the paper.)"

"Previous studies have revealed some differences between canine and feline scavenging. Dogs tend to eat the face and throats of humans, then break the ribs and chew on bones. Cats, on the other hand, often strip skin from the nose, upper lip, and fingers (the same places, Rando notes, that they nip at when playing with a living owner). Scavenging is more common with dogs than cats, Byard adds, “but I don’t trust either of them.”

The journalist is not the one that said it.

"You’d think it was a bear or something,” says Roger Byard, a forensic pathologist at the University of Adelaide who wrote about the case in 2020. (Note for the squeamish: There are disturbing images in the paper.)"

"Previous studies have revealed some differences between canine and feline scavenging. Dogs tend to eat the face and throats of humans, then break the ribs and chew on bones. Cats, on the other hand, often strip skin from the nose, upper lip, and fingers (the same places, Rando notes, that they nip at when playing with a living owner). Scavenging is more common with dogs than cats, Byard adds, “but I don’t trust either of them.”
Does the article specify that the human bodies in question were the owners?

I call my girls cat “Lil Satan” and she starts purring.

We are both dog people but she got suckered by homeless kittens…they “arms of an Angeled” the shit out of her 🙄and I’m allergic to cats so yay
That orange one is a dumpster cat, about 3-4 pounds out in the middle of November. Probably wouldn’t have made it very long, so I got suckered too

This makes more sense.

Cats won't even let the body get cold before they start eating you.

Dogs won't do it unless the circumstances forces them too (in most cases).
I came in here to post this, but see you guys have it covered. I think it adds something special to my relationship with my 2 cats.

Sometimes I just catch them looking at me and I know that they know that I know. And they don't care, they are I like, I will fucking eat your face off.

That orange one is a dumpster cat, about 3-4 pounds out in the middle of November. Probably wouldn’t have made it very long, so I got suckered too
One eye black cat ran inside while the wife was calling alley cat to come in out of a blizzard. She was like. I let a cat in. I think there is something wrong with it's eye. Not sure honey. I woukd have to find it's eye to see if something is wrong with it. Not much bigger than one of my hands and pregnant. Other cat was some starving kitten that spent the summer in the garden with me. Then the wife decided to start letting him in the house. Now he stays in becuase a cat poisoning neighbor moved in.

Reactions: lash
Ive never poisoned any cats but Ive never understood why people think its ok to let their cats roam wherever they please. I dont want your cat on my property killing birds, shitting, etc. Do you want other peoples dogs in your yard killing your cat?

Reactions: JerkyFreak
Ive never poisoned any cats but Ive never understood why people think its ok to let their cats roam wherever they please. I dont want your cat on my property killing birds, shitting, etc. Do you want other peoples dogs in your yard killing your cat?
There is most definitely a double standard there. The laws are the same for dogs and cats, but it’s much harder for the animal patrols to see and catch cats.

I have the most wooded property in our neighborhood and people let their cats use it as their amusement park. It annoys me for tha reasons you list, yet I refrain from killing them. I have owned cats, but I live in the suburbs and didn’t let them run around.

And yes, I hated their litter boxes and rubbing on everything and the general smell, thus we don’t have them anymore. It would be different if I truly lived in the countryside where I grew up. Then they could be barn cats, as it should be.

There is most definitely a double standard there. The laws are the same for dogs and cats, but it’s much harder for the animal patrols to see and catch cats.

I have the most wooded property in our neighborhood and people let their cats use it as their amusement park. It annoys me for tha reasons you list, yet I refrain from killing them. I have owned cats, but I live in the suburbs and didn’t let them run around.

And yes, I hated their litter boxes and rubbing on everything and the general smell, thus we don’t have them anymore. It would be different if I truly lived in the countryside where I grew up. Then they could be barn cats, as it should be.

Definitely a double standard.

People let cats get away with all sorts of shit that dog owners don't. I know so many cat owners that let their cats dance all over their kitchen counters. I find that disgusting - especially given how cats use a litterbox. I don't understand why owners feel free to let their cats roam out in the wild either - though where I am at there is no stray/loose cats or dogs. The desert and all of its critters make sure that anything stray or loose doesn't survive for too long.

That said, dog owners do some real dumb shit too. The only time I've *almost* have had to use my pistol in defense was when a pitbull was trying to attack my wife and her 17 year old dog. It happened at a camp ground, and someone with the owner went and sprinted like Usain Bolt and tackled the pitbull before it could cause any damage. I was getting out of my car with my VP9 when that pitbull got tackled.

Definitely a double standard.

People let cats get away with all sorts of shit that dog owners don't. I know so many cat owners that let their cats dance all over their kitchen counters. I find that disgusting - especially given how cats use a litterbox. I don't understand why owners feel free to let their cats roam out in the wild either - though where I am at there is no stray/loose cats or dogs. The desert and all of its critters make sure that anything stray or loose doesn't survive for too long.

That said, dog owners do some real dumb shit too. The only time I've *almost* have had to use my pistol in defense was when a pitbull was trying to attack my wife and her 17 year old dog. It happened at a camp ground, and someone with the owner went and sprinted like Usain Bolt and tackled the pitbull before it could cause any damage. I was getting out of my car with my VP9 when that pitbull got tackled.
No doubt. Dog owners suck too, its just they know they fucked up/suck where as cat owners think its fine and dandy. I have a couple neighbors on notice about their dogs and the old lady's chickens. They are on two strikes. I had to build a fucking fence because the old lady doesnt want me shooting their POS dogs. Last thing I want to do is shoot a dog but when they habitually hunt her chickens.... The old lawyer neighbor found out that the net worth of a chicken is $238 when I itemized it and handed her a bill for the $714 for 3 chickens her dog got on the third strike. I said here's your bill, be happy I didn't shoot your dog. She bitched a bit and paid the bill when I said we could go to small claims. She put her place up for sale and I built the new fence around the coop with the money, lol. I get it, chickens are the perfect dog toy but not on our property. Ive told them the second the chickens are on their place, kill em. I thought 10 acres would be enough not to deal with neighbor bullshit, not even close.

Reactions: lash and kthomas
7/10 cats are selfish assholes. They sometimes shit and piss in the provided box.

1/87 dogs is an ass, but not selfish.

1/762 dogs are selfish and they are the size of cats.

Change my mind...

You are dead to me. And Pouncy. And Sherman. And Boudicca.

Oh and your mutt.

Sirhr

;-)

• Haha