• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Dogs are way better than cats.

HsU8dOT.jpg

One of my dumpster cats got out the back door once. She was raised about the same time we were brooding some young chicks so that little cat stayed by the brooding box almost 24/7. Anywho, she got out one night and to my surprise, she slept on the back porch railing with the newly freed chicks ALL night. I woke up and she came to the door meowing to get in. Here she is on the box like she stayed most days, and laying on the porch rail in the aun another day
IMG_9709.jpeg
IMG_8638.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: lash and philly1010
Not typically with their own owners.

Any carnivore will eat a human body given the right circumstances.

But I don't believe dogs typically eat their own owners. Cats do to a much more frequent degree.
Seen it more than once. Pull up to a call that turns out to be DOA and the person has no face, eyes eaten out too. Their dogs go to town. The dogs are sitting there wagging their tail happy to see somebody like nothings wrong. They are sent to be euthanized.

Dogs eat people. More than you think.

Reactions: kthomas
Growing up we had a big Tom, 18-19 lbs. One neighbor had an Airedale one had a Siberian Husky. They both shit in our yard once. Once.

I was off at college, and my mom said she watched him limp home, caked in blood. He made it home then collapsed. She took him to the vet, we had to put him down. The vet took an interest in it, measured the bite marks. Said it was a boar coon.

Then he said "I wonder what the other guy looks like". He was truly a warrior.

There is most definitely a double standard there. The laws are the same for dogs and cats, but it’s much harder for the animal patrols to see and catch cats.

I have the most wooded property in our neighborhood and people let their cats use it as their amusement park. It annoys me for tha reasons you list, yet I refrain from killing them. I have owned cats, but I live in the suburbs and didn’t let them run around.

And yes, I hated their litter boxes and rubbing on everything and the general smell, thus we don’t have them anymore. It would be different if I truly lived in the countryside where I grew up. Then they could be barn cats, as it should be.
Not here. There are leash laws and fence for dogs and not cats. Probably for the same reasons I have never heard of a cat mauling someone. That and the relative impracticality of keeping a cat in a yard and the relatively small impact they have on stuff. People's dogs poop in my yard and tear up my flower beds all the time. The main problems with cats come when people don't spay and neuter.

Not here. There are leash laws and fence for dogs and not cats. Probably for the same reasons I have never heard of a cat mauling someone. That and the relative impracticality of keeping a cat in a yard and the relatively small impact they have on stuff. People's dogs poop in my yard and tear up my flower beds all the time. The main problems with cats come when people don't spay and neuter.

No doubt. Dog owners suck too, its just they know they fucked up/suck where as cat owners think its fine and dandy. I have a couple neighbors on notice about their dogs and the old lady's chickens. They are on two strikes. I had to build a fucking fence because the old lady doesnt want me shooting their POS dogs. Last thing I want to do is shoot a dog but when they habitually hunt her chickens.... The old lawyer neighbor found out that the net worth of a chicken is $238 when I itemized it and handed her a bill for the $714 for 3 chickens her dog got on the third strike. I said here's your bill, be happy I didn't shoot your dog. She bitched a bit and paid the bill when I said we could go to small claims. She put her place up for sale and I built the new fence around the coop with the money, lol. I get it, chickens are the perfect dog toy but not on our property. Ive told them the second the chickens are on their place, kill em. I thought 10 acres would be enough not to deal with neighbor bullshit, not even close.
Being semi rural makes its worse. People think they aren't responsible for their animals. I remeber a guy calling the sheriff on a guy I worked for because he shot his dog while it was killing sheep in their yard. He thought the sheriff was going to come and throw him jail. The guy I worked for said he was just going to let it go but the guy pushed the issue, so he had the sheriff inform him he had to pay for the livestock damage.

I had a guys dog jumping and snapping at me at the park one day and when I kicked it away he thought the cops were going to come give me a ticket for assaulting his dog.

He was lucky I had a good dog. Pitbulls play that game for keeps and the only reason I kicked his dog away was because I didn't know how long my dog would take it. One snap and shake and his dog would have been a bloody mess. Same dog killed someones cat that got stuck in my back yard.

Same dude who poisoned my cats has dog runnig free all the time. In fact the dog running free now is probably the baby from his other dog that was always getting out and was stuck to my dog in the back yard. 🤣

Reactions: lash
Being semi rural makes its worse. People think they aren't responsible for their animals. I remeber a guy calling the sheriff on a guy I worked for because he shot his dog while it was killing sheep in their yard. He thought the sheriff was going to come and throw him jail. The guy I worked for said he was just going to let it go but the guy pushed the issue, so he had the sheriff inform him he had to pay for the livestock damage.

I had a guys dog jumping and snapping at me at the park one day and when I kicked it away he thought the cops were going to come give me a ticket for assaulting his dog.

He was lucky I had a good dog. Pitbulls play that game for keeps and the only reason I kicked his dog away was because I didn't know how long my dog would take it. One snap and shake and his dog would have been a bloody mess. Same dog killed someones cat that got stuck in my back yard.

Same dude who poisoned my cats has dog runnig free all the time. In fact the dog running free now is probably the baby from his other dog that was always getting out and was stuck to my dog in the back yard. 🤣
It appears to be true. Apparently I need to figure out how to make more money so we can have lots more acreage. We could get quite a bit more acreage for the cost of this place but it would be way less desirable. Its insane what the riverfront goes for up here on the Ark these days.

I think Foul Mike would disagree. Fucking cats were shitting up his flower beds something fierce.

Put a 50 lb cat and a 50lb dog in the octagon, see who is alive in the morning. Or pick a weight. And I love dogs, and agree cats are assholes. Pound for pound they eat dogs.

I think Foul Mike would disagree. Fucking cats were shitting up his flower beds something fierce.
I doubt many have seen the likes of the level of cats shitting up flower beds or garden beds that I did when I moved into this house. Lay the wood chips down a little thicker. Dig them an out of the way sand trap. Then the neighbors dogs go eat the cat turds out of it when they get free and go home and lick their owners face.

Reactions: lash
Saw a great video on YouTube. A pack of wolves was chasing a Lion across the tundra. Can't remember if it was BC or Alberta. It was wide open prairie, no trees. And then there was one tree. One little tree. The cat was gassed, nothing left in the tank. The film crew went out the next morning, found 10 dead dead wolves.