• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing Eberlestock hunting packs ???????

TreeMUP

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2011
Missouri
Anybody have or use a Eberelestock hunting packs. Im curious I have a Gunslinger II that I have and have never really used. But my question is, is there a difference in the material or sound of material in comparison. Between the tactical and hunting lines. Would like to here some insight from anyone who might have them. Before I sell or trade off my Gunslinger...

Re: Eberlestock hunting packs ???????

I use the X1A1 for prairie dog hunting on public land (no vehicles allowed). Love it - bladder pack holds plenty of water and the rear scabbard will hold my spare rifle. Compartments hold ample space for ammo. I've never used it for big game hunting yet, but no doubt it would serve great.

See
http://www.eberlestock.com/introducing_the_x__project.htm

Jason

If your goin to buy another eberlestock pack yhen hit up ceylon here with a pm. great guy to deal with and he will answer al your questions. i got my gunslinger 2 off him

Been maken a list and goin over it since yesterday of which one to try and get I want one for short hunts and one for the long haul ones. I sold off my Gunslinger already so now I really need to get on the ball with it.

I have a Blue Widow and Lo Drag. As you already know the materials between the two are completely different. The hunting packs are kind of like a waterproof softshell. I can tell you they are not very quiet in colder temps. I don't know how the tactical packs are in the cold, but in warmer temps they seem fine. Really though, at least for me, noise from a pack isn't a big deal. I would pick the hunting material over the tactical because it's waterproof.

I really like my Blue Widow. It's a very versatile pack. I bought the butt bucket for carrying my bow and the A2LS scabbard for carrying a rifle. When I'm bow hunting I just remove the scabbard. I think that thing weighs 1.5lbs if I remember right, so it's nice to drop that weight. It can be used as a dayback or to pack in a spike camp for a couple days.

If you haven't already, just go onto Eberlestocks website and watch their videos on the packs. Tell you everything you'd ever need to hear.

Also, Ceylon would be a good guy to talk to if you have more specific questions. I'm sure he's had his hands on every one of their packs. He's a good source for info, and the only person I'd buy Eberlestock from.

i have the multicam x1a1. its an amazing pack! has plenty of room for extra closes, snacks, my spotting scope, and all my shooting gear i need in the field. also, it has a water bladder pocket! not having to carry my rifle in hand is the best part!

Yes, there is a difference in fabric. I have used one of the tactical packs once at work (do not remember the style) and have used one of the Just One packs and a Blue Widow. I would get one of the Just One packs if I was to do it again. I bought the Blue Widow because I do more bow hunting but the gun scabbard comes in handy if you carry a tripod. I would look at Mystery Ranch packs also. I have one of them and used it on my last hunt and was a lot happier with it than I have been with my Blue Widow. I really do not think that the louder fabric is going to be that big of a deal most of the time. I would prefer the quieter material but I think that getting the pack that fits your needs is more important. The one thing that I did not really like about the Just 1 or BW packs are the mesh part that will allow dirt and alike into the pack, definitely get the front panel for ~$25 it helps out a ton.
I bought my Eberlestock off of archerytalk and got a really good deal on it. There is a lot of good used hunting equipment out there and you can save a good deal of $$$ on getting something slightly used, just my $.02. If you are happy with your gunslinger pack, I would stick with it and be happy or buy something else used and try it out before you get rid of a pack that you really like. Good luck with your decision.