• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Educate me

I thought those guys were Texas Rangers.

Nope, this might explain it better. These are the boys from my state

The cars look like this now but the uniforms haven't changed a bit
1629504589846.png

Reactions: BillOH and Athos300
Nope, this might explain it better. These are the boys from my state

The cars look like this now but the uniforms haven't changed a bit
View attachment 7688354

Best cigar shop ever ever went to in the US was in Royalton, Ohio. Run by an ex-cop, that place was legit. Don’t remember too much else about Ohio. I thought the whole state was going to be like one big Chevy Chase film but sadly it was not so.

Reactions: 308pirate
Colter Wall (Canadian but we accept him as American because he sounds like Cash)

If you want something different go for a sort of gothic folk slash almost dark Christian "striking down of God" bend with 16 Horsepower or Wovenhand (same singer).

For new stuff, Tyler Childers and Zach Bryan.

For new stuff that doesn’t sound like new stuff, Travis Meadows.

For a guy often overlooked, who I felt was more country that most country artists, Chris Ledoux.

if you want a seriously country guy who writes entertaining songs, try Paul Thorn.

This is coming from a guy who really doesn’t care for country (especially modern country). I just dig the Southern Singer/Songwriter stuff and classic country. The newer stuff makes me nauseous when I hear it.

Well, I’m as English as a slice of roast beef liberally smothered in horseradish consumed with teeth that could eat an apple through a chain link fence.

I’ve recently been introduced to the delights of Sturgill Simpson, Waylon Jennings and David Allen Coe. So recommend me some more of your fine country music. I don’t want none of that country/rap crossover stuff either. Nor do I want to see Kenny Chesney singing about how his tractors get him laid.

Post your best country videos!
Highwaymen

Ok, I’m wading in.

The music your referring to is 70s and 80s country. Good stuff. Real.

Tom T. Hall died today at 85. He was a legend. Mix of country and bluegrass. He was the real deal. It goes a ways back but the words were deep. Take a spin with him, you probably won’t be disappointed although most will wonder who your listening to.

Hank Jr., especially his first few albums - The Pressure Is On and Montana Cafe. His Pressure album was a mix of country, blues and Cajun influences. When I was young I liked it but didn’t appreciate his flexibility as much as I do now. That dude has real talent, not the modern day bullshit that says nothing but is eaten up by shallow minds.

Hank Sr., just a titan in country music. I learned to appreciate him through my grandfather. To this day I know his songs by heart. I have no idea how many coons we treed while running behind a pack of hounds listening to him and Jr. while riding in the pickup. I’ll never get those nights back and those kind of hunts are long gone in this country but those songs take me back right there.

And for a wild card - Wayne “the train” Hancock. That guy can’t sing really well, but damn his band and the lyrics. The album Thunderstorms and Neon Signs. Along with others. He’s honest, and that is more than most singers will ever be. If you like Hank Sr this guys your ticket.

I’ll add more as time permits. Country music is about life, feelings and memories.

Glen Campbell. Damn. He had a voice. His last song before he succumbed to Alzheimer’s was a tear jerker. “Adios”. Just too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Athos300 and Tono
Another wildcard, but some deep lyrics: Matraca Berg. Her album Sunday Morning to Saturday Night. That album will make you think about life. Pure country music. Half dark, half funny, totally reflective.

Or this one. Notice the old timers in the band. Serious talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandhiller