• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Educate me

Hank Williams and his son.
I will second or maybe third, I haven’t read this whole thread, Hank 3. I saw him live a few times years ago and he’s awesome. He has three distinct sounds. His grandfather’s country, a very punk band that he plays guitar in, and an interesting mix of the two. I love the old timey country and his country punk mash-up, but I’ve never gotten into any sort of punk.

Reactions: 6.5SH
Seems, this is getting "serious"...

I'll end my comments with these...

I heard this song in my head cruising America for many years....

Allman's my favorite.

Hank Jr, next:

And if we are very serious, there is the only one (to me):

SRV:

Was listening to that the other night…may have been a bit into my cups when I called my son who is a bit of a country boy, and extolled him on how the Southern Fried Rock of my youth would be considered country now.

my favorite:

Last edited:
This is exactly the kinda shit I want! Maybe I shouldn’t have said country, show me the weirdest redneck shit you have. Some great redheads in there too.

Oh..... Ugh. That kind.... Well...

When out drinking, I know that when I hear this song, its time to go home.

When I hear this song, I know I made it home.

If you want redneck country I can’t think of anything more redneck white trash than Loretta Lynn. God, here lyrics were horrible and the message they conveyed was pure dysfunction. Every time I hear one of her songs I want to slit my wrists with an old beer tab. Gretchen Wilson is just as bad.

I think the genre of music your looking for may be what’s called Texas Red Dirt music. Hers a sample

Last edited:
Lots of damn good selections mentioned already. Waylon Jennings, Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton, Patsy Cline are all at the top of my playlists. Just put together a Spotify or Pandora or one of them streaming music service channels with them in it and it will populate with all kinds of excellent classic country and bluegrass artists.