Rifle Scopes EOTech 552 with .308 BDC Questions?

BrokenSailor

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2011
NorthEast
www.esoutfitter.com
I have an EOTech 552 with the .308 Bullet Drop Compensator Reticle. I have it on an M14. In order for this Reticle to be useful out to 600 yds it needs to have a magnifier mounted behind it.

How do I mount an EOTech Night Vision device behind this setup. Is it even possible to have three devices in line?

Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: EOTech 552 with .308 BDC Questions?

We actually treied that setup (EOTech, g23, pvs14) here on an AR and got it to work. We had to mount the EOTech far forward, for rail space, then the PVS14 behind the sight, and then the magnifier behind those two units. that was teh only way we had a clear sight picture due to the eye relief in a magnifer. It did work though.

Trevor B.

I used mine tandem like he said, i put my EOT on the front rail, followed by a flip to side magnifier, then the rail mount for the AN/PVS-14. it seemed to work well. but it really was too much shit going on and weighed the weapon down a lot. might as well go for the M14 with a telescopic sight and the tandem night vision sight that sits in front of it.

If you're military, i imagine your unit can write up a memo for company needs and process it through your S4 to acquire it.

I wont use anything other than my Leupold Mk4 on my M14 EBR, if you want the CQB stuff, go back to an M4 (two rifles enhances your ability to tailor to the mission). you're going to have a precision zero with a Scope, with a EOT you're just going to get a semi close zero. also, look into the abilities of the EOT 552. they dont do well at holding up to recoil and everyday abuse.

My $0.02

I agree with you on the scope. Looking to have this bullpup reach out requires a scope. The EOTech I have has BDC lines for 168 grain bullets in .308. Maybe good to 300 yds in reality though. A ACOG might be good for 600 yd/CQB weapon too.

I have an M4 Leopold on my EBR too. Maybe a red dot clamped onto the scope alongside will help so you have to carry only one weapon. I rather have a heavier M14 than an M4 and dragging an M14 or 700. Reduces the profile of the weapon also. No one will be targeting you for a bad ass if you don't have a big rifle on your back.

I am thinking to put a HW barrel on the next Rogue Bullpup and scope it as you suggest for night.