• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes falcon optics did i get the wrong one ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
when the falcon menace came out every one was crazy about getting one becuase the price was right, i bought a 10x cause in my mind i didnt plan on doing alot of zooming, how ever when i went to the range and put up a 1" squair post-a-note to see if i could shoot moa, at 100yds i can barly see it, and it gets worse out to 200.

all you guys that use 10x optics have any tricks ? or should i try and sell this for the 4-14 ?

Re: falcon optics did i get the wrong one ?

first of all, hello to everyone on the forum !

black_ump,
i´ve recently aquired a falcon menace 4-14x44 for around
200 euro in germany, so the price was right i think.
when i got it, i turned it down to 4x magnification and
compared it with my military hensoldt 4x24 scopes built in
the 60´s.
the menace is no match whatsoever for the hensoldt concerning
clarity, sharpness and colour deviation.
i just felt i must tell you.

You can barely see a 1" square at 100 yds!?! Have you properly focused the eyepiece? Many people I know shoot 1000yds with 10x and hit the target so you may want to check that and maybe your eyes.No insult meant just no other way to put it...

its either bad glass or bad eyes?? Hopefully its the scope...easier to fix
smile.gif
at 10x a 1 inch square should be pretty easy to view and view well.

Derek

with my 10x Bushnell I can barely see 15mm target at 100m (equals 1/2" at 100yd) but I am still able to aim on it. The same I can say about 2" dot at 300m.

Aim 1" square at 100yd with 10x is like to steal the baby lollipop

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bellerophon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first of all, hello to everyone on the forum !

black_ump,
the 60´s.
i just felt i must tell you. </div></div>

So a $400 scope is not as clear and crisp as a $3000+ scope.

Thanks. I'm not sure I could ever have come to that conclusion without you. Why are you comparing those 2 scopes. It's like saying a top of the line Mercedes is definitely nicer than a Ford Focus.

With my Falcon Menace 4-14X44 at 10X I can see my .300 cal shots clearly at 100 yards...and this is considering that I have astigmatism and shoot prone all of the time...mirage and all....but at 200 yards the Konus spotter comes out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bellerophon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first of all, hello to everyone on the forum !

black_ump,
<span style="font-weight: bold">compared it with my military hensoldt 4x24 scopes built in
the 60´s.</span>the menace is no match whatsoever for the hensoldt concerning

Thanks. I'm not sure I could ever have come to that conclusion without you. Why are you comparing those 2 scopes. It's like saying a top of the line Mercedes is definitely nicer than a Ford Focus. </div></div>

Just to play devil's advocate, he's not referring to the Hensoldts of today, he's talking about the 4X Hensoldts you can get on ARFcom for around $300-400........

BU-something's amiss if you can't quarter a 1" dot at 100yds with a 10X, I don't care who made it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bellerophon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first of all, hello to everyone on the forum !

black_ump,
the 60´s.

Thanks. I'm not sure I could ever have come to that conclusion without you. Why are you comparing those 2 scopes. It's like saying a top of the line Mercedes is definitely nicer than a Ford Focus. </div></div>

I usually dont care for the smarty remarks to innocent posts, but this one really had me rolling on the ground laughing..
smile.gif