• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

FGMM load

wrongside

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2010
SE MICH
I just picked up a Savage 308 and it shoots the FGMM 175 SMK very well at 600yds. I would like to try and duplicate it for the 1000 YD. match at Grayling,MI on Sept.10 and 11.Thanks for any help. That will be my first time at 1000.

Re: FGMM load

Lot of info is missing here for what you are looking for. so I'll start with some, others will chime in.
First you will probably have to come up an additional 22 minutes from your 600 yard zero if shot at the same range. to be on paper at 1000 yards. 1 mph of wind at 90 degrees will move your bullet impact aprox 1 moa.

arborpro

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpspeeddemon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">about 43 grains IMR 4064, 210M primers, 2.800 OAL, u might want to buy another box and measure some rounds.

Someone else know the exact poweder amount? </div></div>

Is it, in fact, IMR 4064?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowslngr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpspeeddemon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">about 43 grains IMR 4064, 210M primers, 2.800 OAL, u might want to buy another box and measure some rounds.

Someone else know the exact poweder amount? </div></div>

Is it, in fact, IMR 4064? </div></div>

I think the old recipe was imr-4064, you are probably right that they bswitched to RL-15.

FGMM 175 is not rl15 but is still imr4064. The charge weights will vary from 43.0 to 43.4g of IMR4064. Yes this was found in current lots. I use 43.2g of IMR4064 in fgmm neck sized brass it it produces tighter SDs and groups but identical speeds and trajectory it varying distances for 100 to 600 yards as I have tested. Same dope for both. I will say RL15 is very close when also using 43.2g but it's still not as good as IMR4064 when trying to produce your own cloned FGMM.