• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Food riots thread…and energy.

50 years ago there was an apocalyptic film called Damnation Alley. They had a rig that saw them through:

577.jpg

Figuring that a global doom event is pretty likely this year, I'm thinking about building my own survival vehicle from an old airport fire truck. It's an 8x8, and I think I can convert the foam squirter boom to a serviceable flamethrower.

04234%20%281%29.jpg

https://www.dailydispatch.com/Used_...ne+Chassis&engine=undefined&mileage=undefined (tinyurl above 8f that doesn't paste)

$185K, + a $29.95 Multicam paint job at Maaco and should be ready to rock.

See the terrifying trailer!

See the world plunged into a nukular nightmare!

See mother nature run amok!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
50 years ago there was an apocalyptic film called Damnation Alley. They had a rig that saw them through:

577.jpg

Figuring that a global doom event is pretty likely this year, I'm thinking about building my own survival vehicle from an old airport fire truck. It's an 8x8, and I think I can convert the foam squirter boom to a serviceable flamethrower.

04234%20%281%29.jpg

https://www.dailydispatch.com/Used_Fire_Trucks.aspx?category=All&stockno=04234&title=2000+E-One+Titan+8x8+50'+Aerial+ARFF+Unit&yearoftruck=2000&chassis=E-One+Chassis&engine=undefined&mileage=undefined (tinyurl above 8f that doesn't paste)

$185K, + a $29.95 Multicam paint job at Maaco and should be ready to rock.

See the terrifying trailer!

See the world plunged into a nukular nightmare!

See mother nature run amok!

Those damn cockroaches in that movie creeped me out.

“Damn. Armor plated cockroaches.”

Think about that movie about 3 times a year. It scarred me as a young pup.

Reactions: Cardboard55
Unbelievable weather doom, trucks can't get through, stores closed, shelves bare...

Can cannibalism be far behind???

:(

Climate change is garbage. Winters sucked ass 40-50 years ago and every year when I was a kid we had stories about how fucking cold and snowy it was in Buffalo. Battery makers had commercials about how their shit worked in cold, tested in Buffalo. These pussies better get tougher, just like granny was.

Climate change is garbage. Winters sucked ass 40-50 years ago and every year when I was a kid we had stories about how fucking cold and snowy it was in Buffalo. Battery makers had commercials about how their shit worked in cold, tested in Buffalo. These pussies better get tougher, just like granny was.

Documentary on the blizzard of 1949 age restricted. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cardboard55

577.jpg

I helped built that while I was in college. It was built in Houston at a VERY SMALL building off 610/290. There was about 6 people working on it. Almost built a boat in a basement and couldn't get it out of the building.

Once it was out of the building we drove it up and down 290 while it as under construction back in 1974'ish. I think I still have some drawings and an original movie poster in a drawer somewhere. It has an Allison 6 speed bus transmission, articulation joint in the middle. The wheel assembly design was from an original Lockheed prototype that had a VW engine like an ATV.

The movie company never paid the bill on the vehicle, as I understand is normal for the movies, and a lawsuit followed. Last I knew it was in a warehouse in AZ somewhere but that was years ago.

This is what I know about stoves..
Get it started with wood, and then add coal. saves you many trips to the wood shed.
LOL
We have so much firewood.
And keeping woodstove burning gives me something to do.
I would venture to guess that within my lifetime, only the rich will be able to afford a woodstove or a fireplace due to the carbon tax placed on the burning of wood cause you know, global warming, and stuff.

Both the politician's and the main stream media have buried issues relating to "Food Supplies".
The findings suggest there could be up to one million additional deaths and more than 100 million people undernourished if high fertilizer prices continue. The greatest increases in deaths would be in Sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa and the Middle East

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Both the politician's and the main stream media have buried issues relating to "Food Supplies".
The findings suggest there could be up to one million additional deaths and more than 100 million people undernourished if high fertilizer prices continue. The greatest increases in deaths would be in Sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa and the Middle East

I remember before Thanksgiving the local news ran two stories back to back. First one saying how inflation was like 6% for food. They then do a story on the costs for Thanksgiving dinner, and the increases over last year, Turkey 20%, ham 27% this 40% that 34%. And the right leaning news reader said how can food costs be up 6% when everything is up double digits. Funny as hell.

I have a large chicken coop (20x30) with plenty of fertilizer and pastures full of cow manure. Also, I have plenty of organic seeds. I might just make it. Just need more cans (mason jars).

I have a large chicken coop (20x30) with plenty of fertilizer and pastures full of cow manure. Also, I have plenty of organic seeds. I might just make it. Just need more cans (mason jars).

Just you know have a backup plan for when the Uniform Hangers show up to tell you that the Federal government has the power to say no you get to starve, you can't grow food on your own land for you own use...

You might have to clean out the clothes rack...

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
makes you wonder if this is the shot over the bow, to use the excuse, why eggs will cost 15 dollars a dozen in the near future
You have entered the "Matrix".... So called, "cheap gasoline" increases the cost of an egg... The FED Reserve will spin this to show inflation is at an acceptable 2%.
If you don't understand, have some more Koolaid..... ;)

Reactions: babyguppy
You have entered the "Matrix".... So called, "cheap gasoline" increases the cost of an egg... The FED Reserve will spin this to show inflation is at an acceptable 2%.
If you don't understand, have some more Koolaid..... ;)
don't forget, food costs
"Between 2021 and 2022: Food experienced an average inflation rate of 9.57% per year. This rate of change indicates significant inflation. In other words, food costing $20 in the year 2021 would cost $21.91 in 2022 for an equivalent purchase"
LOL, you are only seeing 1.91 worth of increase....LOL.
Don't believe your pocket book, believe the chart..
wV3DiTX.png

Last edited:
Something else I am taking note of on "food in general"...
Produce, bread and dairy products will start to mold much sooner now than a few years ago.
Store bought white bread hardly last a week without molding, packaged shredded cheese will start to mold before the package is even unsealed and apples will start to show mold around the stems much sooner now than before....
I picked up a bundle of bananas last week, in the store, and they were warm to touch... And it's below freezing here in Montana in January...
I keep a thermometer in my fridge and temp is up to spec... House is relatively cool during the winter...
So, one more IDK

Reactions: Lightning8
Agreed. There is a lot of food for thought in these discussions. Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

I really have an appetite for humor. I starve for lack of fun. I like to digest everything I read.

Okay. I'll stop now. I'd hate for anyone to sick to their stomach over this posting.
I know where you are coming from...
Read about Lewis and Clark and the "food" those guys had to exist on... I admire that group.
American's will eventually starve to death. Part of the plan.

Reactions: Longshot231