• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Food riots thread…and energy.

its more of a capacity issue

they increased the export to the EU in the spring but most of their NG goes to SE asia, china, india on long term contracts

apparently 10-15 year contracts with penalties are common on NG production

even if they wanted to divert NG to the EU they be penalized by contracts

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Energy:
More than 35 ships carrying liquefied natural gas (LNG) circling off the coasts of Spain are reportedly unable to secure slots to unload their cargo which has prompted grid operators to warn they may have to suspend loading, according to a Reuters report.

Well, unfortunately I had to plow under my garden today.
Had a freeze a few days ago that (mostly) killed off everything still standing.
Still have a few tomato plants with large green tomato's that I hope will ripen over the next few days (sposed to be in 70's-80's).
Tried a new thing for me....I just used the big rototiller on the back of the Kubota and shredded all plants right back into the soil.
I figure it will help enrich the soil for next year and give me a head start on tons of *volunteer* plants from the seeds that I know were spread by doing it.
I know potato's, onions, and arugula will survive thru heavy snows and freezes....and there should be some out there all winter long.
We shall see.
If nothing else about 100 okra, 200+++ tomato, and a good sized patch of broccoli will help the soil a ton by being shredded up and spread out like they are. It can be kinda clay like so I'm hoping it will break that up.

Coal mines,,,and Coal power ... back on line in Germany
Granted, it is a small windfarm, but the irony is so sweet. What is interesting is that they say the remainder will be removed in 2023. This therefore may mean that coal fired plants are back and not going to be shut down any time soon. If it were otherwise 2023 wouldn't have been mentioned.

Is this satire ^^^?

R
Human Psychology
Humans see open shelves, and start buying everything that's left, in order to make sure they get something.
Filling the shelves and making them appear full, 'Might' keep people from panic buying unnecessary goods.
Anyone with a 1/2 brain, will figure out real fast, SHTF and buy whatever they can.
Same principle in commie countries; they just fill the shelves with 1 thing, so they don't look empty.
from this (Venezuela)
r

to filling with one item ( below is NOT venzuela)
isvKewaMPhRNZ1srGi4ynAIf7OgAH-7fUljH76zHUEs.jpg

3 aisles of water

Human Psychology
Humans see open shelves, and start buying everything that's left, in order to make sure they get something.
Filling the shelves and making them appear full, 'Might' keep people from panic buying unnecessary goods.
Anyone with a 1/2 brain, will figure out real fast, SHTF and buy whatever they can.
Same principle in commie countries; they just fill the shelves with 1 thing, so they don't look empty.
from this (Venezuela)
r

to filling with one item ( below is NOT venzuela)
isvKewaMPhRNZ1srGi4ynAIf7OgAH-7fUljH76zHUEs.jpg

3 aisles of water
So they are convinced the average patron is retarded.

R

Reactions: lariat
Bad and worse news for today.

https://www.americanpartisan.org/20...he-era-of-all-powerful-central-banks-is-over/

That’s bad.

This is worse.

https://www.americanpartisan.org/20...f-2-5-quadrillion-disaster-waiting-to-happen/

From this we can clearly see there is no avoiding the “ great reset “. Their plan has succeeded. The remaining question is what does the other side look like?
The value of the USD will collapse. Either a new currency will replace the USD or the USD will just lose a least 50% of its value. The good news is that the US still has the strongest economy in the world, so when this happens there will be wars every where as the rest of the world will have nothing.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
My guess is you will have the birth of a global digital currency. How that takes place I don’t know. There may be a short bridge of sone sort for the transition.

My guess is you will have the birth of a global digital currency. How that takes place I don’t know. There may be a short bridge of sone sort for the transition.
Global stuff only works if all countries are on the same page /fiscal policy.

Can’t have a global if a country like china manipulates it’s currency via government direction rather than actual market influences.

Global stuff only works if all countries are on the same page /fiscal policy.

Can’t have a global if a country like china manipulates it’s currency via government direction rather than actual market influences.

You , as well as I, have made some assumptions there.

I don’t believe a choice will be given.

Worthy of posting in a few threads.

I’m sure this will tie into things at some point.

Good way of handling/tracking/rationing of any resource.

For the first time in history, the US will become a net importer of food.

Think about that for a moment.
We have always imported food at varying levels. What specifically are you talking about? Everyone is looking at shortages for damned near everything from the fertilizer to grow the product to the diesel to ship it so import and export of food is going to get interesting.

For the first time in history, the US will become a net importer of food.

Think about that for a moment.
No surprise to me. When the idea of taxing a cow fart or talking about the carbon foot print of a John Deere Tractor becomes a priority of the US Congress and the Supreme Court... The hand writing is on the wall...
The asking price of everything is now twice what it was pre-pandemic.
Americans are the dumbest breed of humans on the face of this earth.

No surprise to me. When the idea of taxing a cow fart or talking about the carbon foot print of a John Deere Tractor becomes a priority of the US Congress and the Supreme Court... The hand writing is on the wall...
The asking price of everything is now twice what it was pre-pandemic.
Americans are the dumbest breed of humans on the face of this earth.
Americans have the strongest normalcy bias because SHTF hasn't happened here yet. They believe it will all turn out OK this time because it always has before. The frogs do not notice that the water is beginning to boil.

Wait until summer of 2023, maybe earlier, the price of beef will be so expensive most wont be able to afford it.

Some of that I feel is overshooting where the peak price will end up, but I can tell you from firsthand experience that a LOT of damn fine mamma cows are being sold to the packers because of the drought - breeding herds. This will impact the price of beef going forward, along with the price of fertilizer that makes the feed, etc. Hell, hay is commanding such a premium now that people are selling before they need to buy it because they know it will only end up as a loss. Many cattle are on a note at the bank, so when its obvious that the note isnt going to get paid back its time to sell. The drought and price of fuel/fertilizer have made that big of an impact.

Eggs to be rationed in the UK till spring of '23.

Personally I think that this will be the straw that breaks the camels back. When the masses are cold and hungry they will rise up.

Some of that I feel is overshooting where the peak price will end up, but I can tell you from firsthand experience that a LOT of damn fine mamma cows are being sold to the packers because of the drought - breeding herds. This will impact the price of beef going forward, along with the price of fertilizer that makes the feed, etc. Hell, hay is commanding such a premium now that people are selling before they need to buy it because they know it will only end up as a loss. Many cattle are on a note at the bank, so when its obvious that the note isnt going to get paid back its time to sell. The drought and price of fuel/fertilizer have made that big of an impact.
Yup, I got ride of most of my cattle this year in the spring. Hay was going for $150 a round bale here and that's if you can get it.

Last edited:
LOL... A vote of no confidence in renewable power.. Reality is setting in.

The Biden administration on Monday said it’s providing Pacific Gas & Electric Co. with a $1.1 billion grant to help the company prevent the closure of Diablo Canyon, California’s last nuclear power plant.