• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

For better or worse- things from your past you won't ever see again.

LuckyDuck

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    I was thinking about how the world has changed and came across some examples from my own life... I'll start the thread with just one example though, hopefully others will chime in...

I remember being in grade school and visiting the Gettysburg Battlefield on one of the regular field trips. The field trips did require several parents to jump in but what now seems to be... unusual, I remember literal scores of grade school children going back on the bus with "Civil War Sabers" picked up from the gift shops and not a single complaint was raised by either the teachers or "parental chaperons".

Anyone else have a similar story?

-LD

Reactions: Redlion
    i remember going to wash dc and to nassau with my parents on 2 vacations. in my memory,they had not the slightest concern about crime. i was way too young to know anything about that. most of the caribbean is now 3rd world and has been for awhile. dc is a few levels below 3rd world even if you removed the corrupt pols and bureaucrats.

Reactions: LuckyDuck
    Reisman pretzels (was a family owned pretzel maker in the Philly/SouthJersey area).

Last edited:
    I remember threatening to attack the Calgary Stampede (Same size as the Iowa or Texas State Fair) with a fire team equipped with x2 8mm Serbian M-53 Sarac- modified to shoot at 1800 RPM in extreme Enfilade with thousands of rounds.

I got badly arrested and totally embarrassed.

Live and learn.

Don't be a shithead.

I remember threatening to attack the Calgary Stampede (Same size as the Iowa or Texas State Fair) with a fire team equipped with x2 8mm Serbian M-53 Sarac- modified to shoot at 1800 RPM in extreme Enfilade with thousands of rounds.

I got badly arrested and totally embarrassed.

Live and learn.

Don't be a shithead.
    wtf.gif

Grape Nehi, Orange Crush, Simba, Vernors, sodas.
    Beemans gum.
    Levis bush jeans.
    Local Mom and Pop burger joint owned by Greek people that over feed you.....and know how to make a GOOD damn Pastrami sammich.

More:
    Penton
    Hodaka
    CZ/Jawa
    Maico
    And my genuine Harley Davidson moped that like a dumbass I restored to perfection and sold it for only $5500 when I could probably get 15k now.

It was this one, and at least as nice.....if not nicer.
    Damn was it fun to roll up to a biker bar and park it out front with all the hogs and just step back and watch the lads start to smirk and then go "oh....well fuck me, that's cool as shit".

cf96ec2ab546d7ea8ce3212ff09763cd.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: 1911hombre
    I remember having a literal sess pool in the middle of a country neighborhood when I was 6 or 7. We don't need to bring that back. The bigger bully kid would push other kids in from time to time. Atari is in my brain for the same memory.

View attachment 8498485
    A staple that was sold in concession stands to children while I played little league baseball.... Defiantly wouldn't fly today....

-LD

2024 is completely inferior to 1965-1999 in "most" ways from nutrition, to testosterone levels, to Christian values.

Only thing better is cheap treats (junk food) cheap computers, and t.v.s

Big deal.

Corrections will happen every century or two.

Attachments

• 403.png
      403.png
      63.7 KB · Views: 29
    Bulk ammo and brass prices from Cabelas 2004-2007 catalogs. Dry storage lock boxes packed with Winchester bulk and Olin (milsurps also made by Winchester) OO shotshells going like hotcakes. I had so many of these boxes that I gave some to my coworkers so they can store all their tools in them with ease. I use 2 of them like that as well. No need for a specialty DeWalt tote rig when I got 2 virtually indestructable ammo cases and a collapsible skeleton steel dolly to carry them around in that can also be converted into a backpack.

I grew up in a south Indian city called Hyderabad.
    For better - the traffic:
    maxresdefault.jpg
    DSC_8809.jpg

For worse - Authentic Biriyani (Chicken and rice dish - the Indian restaurants here just can't get it right) and KFC's Chizza (shocked that they don't have it here)
    Chicken-Biryani-11.jpg

IMG-20230117-WA0015.jpg

• Haha
    Reactions: theLBC