• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes For those about to ... have a March 1-10x24 Shorty!

Jayjay1

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Hey Shorty-owners (I mean the scope of course),

I´m almost there to order me one, though I can´t find one to handle it.
So I hope you are willing to share your experiences with it.
:)

I´m asking me, how the eye-box is at 10x because of the 24mm objective.
Does it work good for you?

How do you run it when a higher magnification is needed, do you switch to 10x every time, or do you use lower magnifications like 4x as well?
Or in other terms, at which magnifications are the holdovers usable?

How´s the picture at 8x or 10x, still sharp and bright?

And the last one:
Do you run a red dot with it, and if so how did you mount it?

Any answer would help me and make me happy.
🍺

Few faults in the scope so I kept mine with no plans on selling. The glass is pretty good but I wouldn't say it's really good at 10x.

You mean there were faults and you don´t use it anymore, or that is so good despite those faults that you will keep ti?

You mean there were faults and you don´t use it anymore, or that is so good despite those faults that you will keep ti?

When I use it shooting at our 1143Y steel the glass is a bit wanting at 10x compared to say a good 5-25 on 10x. Probably due to how short it is and the 10 magnification ratio.

The center dot is barely daylight bright so I wish it was a step or two brighter.

Lastly the DFP is not perfectly oriented in the reticle. It's maybe .02 a mil off and I can barely see it. Mine is actually not as bad as the one in the videos posted above.

Reactions: Jayjay1