• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

085a8d820efc4864.jpg

Back in the day, we took the valve covers off a Ford 260 that looked something like that. They had run Wolf's Head oil.
We had a Cavalier towed in to my dealership that had quit on the road. Tech checked it and it wouldn’t turn over, just click and hum, no spin.

Tech added booster to the battery, same result.

Tech put a breaker and socket on the crank pulley, no turn at all.

Tech pulled drain plug, not a drop of oil comes out.

I called the owner and tried to find out why the 70k plus mile 2.2 had zero oil in it. She explained that she had no idea. Further questions revealed that she had NEVER had the oil changed.😮

She explained that these cars were supposed to go 100k with no service. GM had came out with platinum plugs and extended life coolant and had in their ads “no major service needed until 100,000 miles”. She took that to mean not even oil changes were needed.

The poor thing made it a lot longer than I would have thought.

I had a 1978 Chevy Malibu. It was a 'company' car. Having grown up working for my dad in a garage, I religiously changed the oil at 500 miles, those so important 'break in' miles. I never changed the oil again. I gave it back at 50K miles. I would have the oil topped off and I think I had the filter changed three times, but other than that, nothing. I'll bet you could pave roads with what was under the valve cover... if you could get it off the engine.