• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

If you have any farm or construction type equipment, you have a diesel tank. If you have several pieces of farming/industrial gear, your tank will be big enough to run a house sized genny for days. DEF/DPF motors are filled with sensors and wiring that fails. Even $125/hour mechanics can take hours to diagnose those rigs when they calve, and they will. Simple is better.

269754382_451965866295831_6669317016185644755_n.jpg
Girls with Guns that have no sights?

You can shoot hens in Texas? Would would get a big ticket here in WA if we did………
I’m betting private preserve or hunt club. My BIL is a member of a private club that stocks birds every weekend in WI and they have no limits/sex restrictions. They just throw a leg tag sticker on it with the Club’s name/yearly tag#, and you’re good to go.

I still always strictly adhere to the speed limit on my way back into IL with a pile of hens in the bed of the truck…

You can get up to 45kw worth of tier-4 final diesel generator and still not require DEF fluid. Although, the T4F engines have all the same sensor issues as modern cars and trucks. EPA mandated stuff. They are quieter than older generation diesels and a little better on fuel.

Reactions: Lawless
Pheasant hen
Wild or released, can't shoot hens where I grew up. Pheasant Capitol of the World: South Dakota. Yeah, I know, every place claims they are the _____ capitol of the world, for something...but I grew up in there. Opening weekend of pheasant season was bigger than the MC rally in Sturgis...it's just spread across the whole state, rather than one concentrated area of the hills.

Diesel with an anti-fungus additive stores 15-20 years easy, maybe more.
Yep as long as you keep the water out of it. That's the only good thing about ultra low sulphur diesel. The sulphur is what the bacteria feeds on, so there is less feed stock.

We have a 7kw Kubota diesel for backup. With a custom load handling sequencer. Can keep all the house lights, communication gear, pump water, keep freezers and fridges going. If I had to buy another generator I would have gone 10kW, I got the 7kW cheap. The little extra load capacity would be nice, it would simplify the load sequencing some and the 10kW is 1800 RPM where the 7kW is 3600 so it's just a little quieter also.

This is one I am considering. It’s an open design so easier to work on. Liquid cooled, 3 cyl. No after treatment on exhaust. Should run forever.

Will build a room with insulated walls off of the shop to house it and the fuel tank.

Wow, that one looks sweet!! I'll definitely be adding that to the list of generators to look into when its time to go with a grown-up setup.

I have the Kubota LS2501 already, and its a sweet tractor. I'm sure you'll love it, too.

Wow, that one looks sweet!! I'll definitely be adding that to the list of generators to look into when its time to go with a grown-up setup.

I have the Kubota LS2501 already, and its a sweet tractor. I'm sure you'll love it, too.
That's the gen set I would go to if I ever replaced the baby brother to that one that I have now. Which is the 7kW. I bought the package unit that has the sound insulated enclosure. Mine is no louder than the AC condenser that's sitting next to it. I use mine around the place regularly, instead of having an engine drive welder I use it and a Miller Maxstar 200. I do want to add an electric fuel pump and quick connects so I can draw directly off the 500 gallon tank that is near to it instead of having to go pump fuel, when we're running off the diesel I just go top it off before bed and in the morning, at the most I have put like 2 gallons in it from overnight run

This is one I am considering. It’s an open design so easier to work on. Liquid cooled, 3 cyl. No after treatment on exhaust. Should run forever.

Will build a room with insulated walls off of the shop to house it and the fuel tank.

is the kabota engine better that the Mitsubishi engine?
engine?
14kw

Wild or released, can't shoot hens where I grew up. Pheasant Capitol of the World: South Dakota. Yeah, I know, every place claims they are the _____ capitol of the world, for something...but I grew up in there. Opening weekend of pheasant season was bigger than the MC rally in Sturgis...it's just spread across the whole state, rather than one concentrated area of the hills.

Back in the fall of 94 a buddy and I were waiting for the opener.
We were sitting in the truck at a walk in area near Presho, Murdo or Kennebec. Can't remember exactly anymore.
Anyway about 35 minutes before legal shooting time we noticed a few birds strolling up on to the two track that separated the walk in area from the farmers pasture.
That few birds turned into more and more. By the time we were ready to get out of the truck to get guns and stuff they had stopped coming out of the field.
Just under 300 birds came out on that corner alone.
I could only imagine how many came out that we couldn't see.

Had the same thing happen up on the north side of Shadehill Reservoir.

My dad lived up in Timber Lake the year he passed away.
There were so many birds along the roadways you couldn't count then all.

SD is a place I would move back to in a heart beat

is the kabota engine better that the Mitsubishi engine?
engine?
14kw
F the Mitsubishi if it's the same one the Generac uses. We have a handful of 20kW diesels with the Generac ( I call them Junkerac) They smoke like hell, rattle, they have hell maintaining RPM which will change frequency. When they were under warranty the Generac tech came out and said it was common with that engine. I can find out what exact model it is. Then we have Kubotas from the 7kW size I have all the way up to 50kW and they're great.

This Perkins 21kw Diesel has been providing emergency power to our place for 10+ years, great.
perkinsdiesel copy.png

I did have to change a sensor on it last year, first repair.

The Department of Redundancy Department here decided that we should not rely only on the genset, so we put in some solar to run simple, basic things.
pv_panels2021-06-23 at 11.47.13.png

The solar has no where near the power of the Diesel (8kw vs 21kw), but it is better than nothing.

I think that my neighbor is mad at me. After our last conversation he said #$%^^ ^&*# then walked away.

I don't know why. I saw him out in the yard with a Shar Pei puppy. That's the dog with more skin than muscle and bone. It's the one with a lot of wrinkles. It's the breed that requires a lot of ironing.

Anyway, I said, "looks like you got a new dog."

He replied, "Yes. I got it for my wife."

All I said was, "It looks like you got a good trade." Then he cussed at me and walked away.

I guess some people don't know how to take a compliment.

iu

Last edited:
One of my first or second years of pheasant hunting, I "hunted" with the grown ups before that, would carry a BB gun so I could feel like I fit in, had to be 12 to have a hunting license and carry a shotgun, anyhow, one of my "uncles" (great uncle twice removed or something) shot a hen. I thought the rest of the family was going to run him off the ranch. The next day he shot a rooster on the ground an peppered the shit out of my uncle (mom's youngest brother). The "uncle" packed his vehicle got his wife and hauled ass back to Minnesota...he never came back for hunting.

If it's legal where you are, I have no problem with it. Great picture.

Reactions: Two36
My wife and I took the "Behind the scenes" tour. It was amazing. That is a VERY LARGE building. We went up in "The Attic" above that ceiling. Absolutely fascinating!

As we were walking around our tour guide walked up to a door and opened it. She invited us to enter. We did . . . and found ourselves standing in the gutter up on the roof! I could hardly believe it. We still were not at the Bell Tower level. They were doing maintenance up there and we were as high as we could go.