• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

GAP Gladius?

Re: GAP Gladius?

FWIW - I have a target crown on mine. Due to the weight and balance of the Crusader, combined with the buttstock pad that comes on it (Pachmayr?), you really can get by nicely without a brake. The recoil is very manageable. I think you will be very happy with the Crusader. Any thoughts as to the type of optic you want on it yet?

The "rank" is associated with your number of posts. There may be a way to change that if it bothers you. Check under "My Stuff".

Hi G; I am not worried about the recoil, I just like how it is supposed to reduce the sighnature of the weapon. I have a surrpressor on my Noveske light recce and Trijicon Acog scope. Shouldn't they be able to sell a suppressor for the Crusader to me, since I bought in CA for Novekse AR-15 if wanted one?

I want to get a Leopold Mark 4 4.5-14x50 with mil dot and zero stop, which I saw at my local Bay Area Gun Vault. I seems like the way I can get a great scope and still save some money.

Thank "Rank" is no problem to me. I made me think of the 20 years I spent in the Army

Henry (ABN All the Way)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Henry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Aren't there other scopes with similar reticles. Henry </div></div>

Not if Horus' lawyers can do anything about it.

I chose the Crusader because of the Templar action, and it is smooth and reailable. The barrel is a longer than the Gladius, which I like for a little more velocity. The McMillian A5 is very nice for sandbags and prone shooting, plus the cheekpiece is high enough for me to use without a saddle with a 56mm objective scope.

You will love the Crusader. I bought mine with the KMW hardware. It was a 4-6 month wait from Mcmillan but I bought one from JW Precision and had him ship it to GAP. They just put a Crusader in that stock. Total wait was 1 month from date of order.

Leopold Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50 M5 with a Horus Vision Recticle H27 LP: (110084) is the scope I want to get. It is brand new scope so I will wait awhile for the price to come down. So many manufacturers are off the Horus reticle as an option.

Henry

Guys I just ordered my GAP Crusader with a McMillan saddle cheek piece, a GAP precion muzzle brake, and 1 extra 10 round magazine.

When I get it I will order a Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21x50 FFP with Horus H59 Reticle 565-001. I will go with the Bushnell scope because it saves a $1000.00

Henry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Henry M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi G; I am not worried about the recoil, I just like how it is supposed to reduce the sighnature of the weapon. I have a surrpressor on my Noveske light recce and Trijicon Acog scope. Shouldn't they be able to sell a suppressor for the Crusader to me, since I bought in CA for Novekse AR-15 if wanted one?

I want to get a Leopold Mark 4 4.5-14x50 with mil dot and zero stop, which I saw at my local Bay Area Gun Vault. I seems like the way I can get a great scope and still save some money.

Thank "Rank" is no problem to me. I made me think of the 20 years I spent in the Army

Henry (ABN All the Way) </div></div>
I thought suppressors were illegal in CA